Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 99

post #1471 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

They are both good for the money.

Yeah but, they are the same price and the Asgard 2 is both more powerful and more detailed :/

Is there something the Mstage beats the Asgard in?

post #1472 of 1784

They are actually different money over here in rip-off UK tho, Asgard 2 is £260 del and HPA-2 USB is £210 del, is it worth the extra £50 (20%). The amp only version is £185 del and i see you can put new amps in too, is tjis my best option, dont think ill use the dac part.


Edited by monkeyboylee - 1/29/14 at 11:34am
post #1473 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post
 

They are actually different money over here in rip-off UK tho, Asgard 2 is £260 del and HPA-2 USB is £210 del, is it worth the extra £50 (20%)

For the W1000X in particular I don't think so.

The 1000X likes tubes and the Mstage is a warm amp, closer to tubes than most other amps.

From my understanding the Asgard is more neutral and a great fit for warmer [not limited to] headphones but the W1000X really does like more tubey sources IMO.

 

That's what I've heard and think at least.

Still, +1, a good question, I could have gotten them for roughly the same price, but took the Mstage cause it does come with the DAC module [a stand alone Mstage is 50 bucks cheaper]

With the DAC, I think it is a better deal for the same price.

As a standalone amp, I dunno...

 

Fearless owns both so he will hopefully chime in with a mini comparison. Please :wink: 

post #1474 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

 

Fearless owns both so he will hopefully chime in with a mini comparison. Please :wink: 

Just the M-stage, I only borrowed the Asgard 2.

 

Both are on the warmer side. The Asgard 2 had better separation and sound stage (tested with the HD800). The M-stage improves with OPA swaps for sure, I like the LM4562 and the  627BP significantly more then the stock OPA, though the change is minor, there is a change.  Like I said you cant go wrong with either at there price-points.

post #1475 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Just the M-stage, I only borrowed the Asgard 2.

 

Both are on the warmer side. The Asgard 2 had better separation and sound stage (tested with the HD800). The M-stage improves with OPA swaps for sure, I like the LM4562 and the  627BP significantly more then the stock OPA, though the change is minor, there is a change.  Like I said you cant go wrong with either at there price-points.

That's cool.

I got the LM4562 inside too :] Great with neutral headphones IMO.

Also got the LT1364 for the warmer headphones [as it is a bright op-amp]

The stock one is okay and is somewhere in-between, though the sound is not as satisfying and probably a bit less detailed.

 

Thanks for the clarification :]

post #1476 of 1784
Cheers guys, guess it's decision time then now!
post #1477 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post
 

I've got a pair of HE-400's i use too, like chopping and changing between them and their signatures, want an amp to do both and the W1000X are the picky ones! Thanks again.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 


 The Asgard  2 would fill this request.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

I like my M-stage very much as well (I appreciate the ease of OP rolling with it as well), but in an A/B comparison  the Asgard 2 really is a good sounding amp (same DAC).  I appreciate the warmth and intimacy of the M-stage (I am a tube guy), but you can really hear the details and resolution it lacks when you compare them side by side. Power-wise they are about the same.

 

Good point thought about an all inclusive DAC/amp, mine was the non USB version. Is the DAC decent? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post

Cheers guys, guess it's decision time then now!

 

 

Like every one said the W1000x is best with warmer amps, although... I paired me W1000x with my Schiit Vali and my NFb 10ES2 [A Slighty Cold Amp/Dac Combo]

 

So I did an a/b comparision of the two amps, and I prefered each for different music, there is a link to my blog in my Sig. Check out my review if you need help decideing on going with the A2 or MStage

 

And for teh record I had the M Stage when I first got my W1000x, although the irony is my Portable set up [I use my W1000x mostly portable] is with an HM801 xD which is a very warm dap... 

post #1478 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like every one said the W1000x is best with warmer amps, although... I paired me W1000x with my Schiit Vali and my NFb 10ES2 [A Slighty Cold Amp/Dac Combo]

 

So I did an a/b comparision of the two amps, and I prefered each for different music, there is a link to my blog in my Sig. Check out my review if you need help decideing on going with the A2 or MStage

 

And for teh record I had the M Stage when I first got my W1000x, although the irony is my Portable set up [I use my W1000x mostly portable] is with an HM801 xD which is a very warm dap... 


Have you heard the Asgard 2? I was surprised it is pretty darn good and warm. 

post #1479 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 


Have you heard the Asgard 2? I was surprised it is pretty darn good and warm. 

See I haven't, so if your conifdent it's warm enough, both seem like a good choice :3  

post #1480 of 1784

Well, just tossed the coin and subsequently took the plunge on the Asgard 2.... I will let you know how it sounds when I get it!

post #1481 of 1784

How are these headphones compared to the sound signature of the D7000 and D5000?

post #1482 of 1784
The Denons are way more bass heavy.
I've heard the D7000 and the LA7000 and they boom along nicely.
The W1000x is more neutral.
post #1483 of 1784

Just ordered my w1000x's, they'll be my first woodies. Can't wait!

post #1484 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozy View Post
 

Just ordered my w1000x's, they'll be my first woodies. Can't wait!

Congrats and welcome to the club :D 

post #1485 of 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmanfamily View Post

The Denons are way more bass heavy.
I've heard the D7000 and the LA7000 and they boom along nicely.
The W1000x is more neutral.

Indeed, I use my W1000x as my everything BUT EDM headphone, and the D2k [Wood Back MOdded] is my Nothing BUT Edm headphone, mids and treble on the two are likeable imo

 

biggest differance is bass, 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!