Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 88

post #1306 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Ok, So now I have a pair of HiFiMAN deep gray black velours, a pair of A900X stock pads, a pair of AD5XX/7XX velour and leather pads [these suck in terms of SQ but rock for comfort...]

With a pair of HiFiMAN black velours and protein leathers on the way :D

That should set me up well, avoiding the $99 L3000 pads or DX1000 pads :D

xD can't avoid the ineviadable! I'd like to try the DX 1000 pads my self. Audio Cubes has them for $79 and they seem nice and big :D Plus they have that felt backing so that's a plus! Might pick up a pair honestly 

post #1307 of 1851

But they have no pictures for the pads! :/

post #1308 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

But they have no pictures for the pads! :/

Yea I know... but Audio Cubes is trust worthy. 

post #1309 of 1851

There is no way for the DX1000 pads to not affect SQ in some way though, they are just too thick and I don't believe the middle mesh is transparent either...

The L3000 pads might be too small for me... too hurt to tell from the pictures @google...

For now, I'll be sticking to the old guns :D

If the HiFiMAN Velours fit nicely in there without causing any discomfort, I'll be sticking with these + they are $10 + shipping :]

 

I find velour to be the most transparent of all the materials [for better or worse :D], then comes leather and then comes real leather/thick pleather... in my experience at least...

No way I am shelling that much for a pair of pads I can't even try beforehand...

post #1310 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

There is no way for the DX1000 pads to not affect SQ in some way though, they are just too thick and I don't believe the middle mesh is transparent either...

The L3000 pads might be too small for me... too hurt to tell from the pictures @google...

For now, I'll be sticking to the old guns :D

If the HiFiMAN Velours fit nicely in there without causing any discomfort, I'll be sticking with these + they are $10 + shipping :]

 

I find velour to be the most transparent of all the materials [for better or worse :D], then comes leather and then comes real leather/thick pleather... in my experience at least...

No way I am shelling that much for a pair of pads I can't even try beforehand...

I hear you there. still I wonder if the DX 1000 Pads might even fit the D2k I have in bound as well 

post #1311 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I hear you there. still I wonder if the DX 1000 Pads might even fit the D2k I have in bound as well 

Yeah, they look a lot like the D2K pads, or a larger HM5 pads variant. I hope these were bigger, but they don't fit :/

post #1312 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yeah, they look a lot like the D2K pads, or a larger HM5 pads variant. I hope these were bigger, but they don't fit :/

What didn't fit? THe D2k pads or the HM5 

post #1313 of 1851

I took few pictures of my ath's. Sorry about the bad quality and about hiding the pics under the links. For some reason I've never been able to add pictures here. In the last picture with HM5 it can be seen that pads don't settle at the center of the headphone. I doubt it has big difference in sound because driver is not below the pad, but it doesnt look too nice. Another thing you'll notice is the bad shape of my dx1000 pads. Pleather started to peel of the pad lips so I tore it off completely. New pads should have firmer fit and obviously a lot better looks. I'll propably order new pads. Feel bad about ruining the looks of otherwise so gorgeus headphones with pads that have only cloth left on the edges.

 

With HM5 pads:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6877/dzq4.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3457/fk9a.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3218/dcgp.jpg

 

Here with dx1000 pads:

 

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/599/69nx.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6576/p7jb.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3663/rxqr.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8448/5cxa.jpg

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img690/5067/xffi.jpg&sa=0

 

Off topic picture of DX1000 with Philips SBC HP890 pads:

 

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9772/hpqb.jpg


Edited by Beocord - 11/18/13 at 5:29pm
post #1314 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 

I took few pictures of my ath's. Sorry about the bad quality and about hiding the pics under the links. For some reason I've never been able to add pictures here. In the last picture with HM5 it can be seen that pads don't settle at the center of the headphone. I doubt it has big difference in sound because driver is not below the pad, but it doesnt look too nice. Another thing you'll notice is the bad shape of my dx1000 pads. Pleather started to peel of the pad lips so I tore it off completely. New pads should have firmer fit and obviously a lot better looks. I'll propably order new pads. Feel bad about ruining the looks of otherwise so gorgeus headphones with pads that have only cloth left on the edges.

 

With HM5 pads:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6877/dzq4.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3457/fk9a.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3218/dcgp.jpg

 

Here with dx1000 pads:

 

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/599/69nx.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6576/p7jb.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3663/rxqr.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8448/5cxa.jpg

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img690/5067/xffi.jpg&sa=0

 

Off topic picture of DX1000 with Philips SBC HP890 pads:

 

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9772/hpqb.jpg

Thanks a lot for the pads.

I still have mo idea how you managed to fit the HM5 pads on... mine just couldn't fit at all :/

But I know they can significantly differ in size so... they are still a lot smaler than the headphone :P

I am still not sure I'd like the DX1000 pads, comfort or sound wise :]

post #1315 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I am still not sure I'd like the DX1000 pads, comfort or sound wise :]


Sound is definately not for everyone, but the comfort I can pretty much guarantee :)

post #1316 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 


Sound is definately not for everyone, but the comfort I can pretty much guarantee :)

What was the sound... and they look uber comfy. And actually with the J$ pads the W1000x isolated a little more! 

post #1317 of 1851

Care to share the link on audiocubes site for the dx1000 pads? I can't seem to find it.

I just ordered a pair of these 'phones from the group buy site that shall not be named >.>

Anyway, I'm hoping I made the right choice with these! 

post #1318 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Care to share the link on audiocubes site for the dx1000 pads? I can't seem to find it.
I just ordered a pair of these 'phones from the group buy site that shall not be named >.>
Anyway, I'm hoping I made the right choice with these! 

It's this one - audiocubes2.com
post #1319 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post
 

Care to share the link on audiocubes site for the dx1000 pads? I can't seem to find it.

I just ordered a pair of these 'phones from the group buy site that shall not be named >.>

Anyway, I'm hoping I made the right choice with these! 

http://www.audiocubes2.com/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/667

Rather it's this link 

post #1320 of 1851

Well mine arrived today and Ive been swapping between these and my HE-400's all night, trying to find ways to describe the differences in what I'm hearing, they are so different to me. I'm loving the sound and overall presentation, I think the HE-400 had me sucked in to its soundstage, separation and clarity but now just seems flat compared to the W1000X. I know what you all mean re shallower 3d soundstage vs wider flatter. Alot of other things making sense now too, they do seem to lose their detail at higher volumes but I love the punch and depth still remaining at lower vols. Well, just my 2p so far, hope I make some kinda sense.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!