Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 81

post #1201 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Ehhh, it proably won't. Mid bass wise it MIGHT but it won't have the HE 6 Sub Bass...  BUt the A900x is fun :3 

HE-6 does not really have much sub bass. If you look at the graphs, the 900X has a broader but less steeper roll-off [<50HZ].

While HE-6 has a steeper roll-ff but at a later point [<30HZ]

The HE-6 has little sub-bass to speak of IMO, but the bass is very good.

Also, I was talking about the overall instrument impact not the bass specifically.

HE-6 is a bit uneven here :D

post #1202 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

HE-6 does not really have much sub bass. If you look at the graphs, the 900X has a broader but less steeper roll-off [<50HZ].

While HE-6 has a steeper roll-ff but at a later point [<30HZ]

The HE-6 has little sub-bass to speak of IMO, but the bass is very good.

Also, I was talking about the overall instrument impact not the bass specifically.

HE-6 is a bit uneven here :D

wait... the HE 400 has AWESOME sub bass... the HE 6 does not :O and 30 hrz isn't... bass I've heard often... still I would think 20-50 is sub bass, and if I have a STRONG desire for some 20hrz.... I'll grab a Closed Back headphone honestly

 

Anyways, the HE 400 has a simmilar bass curve to the HE 6 I hope. linear from 30-1000 

 

I need to look at HE 6 graphs though 

post #1203 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

wait... the HE 400 has AWESOME sub bass... the HE 6 does not :O and 30 hrz isn't... bass I've heard often... still I would think 20-50 is sub bass, and if I have a STRONG desire for some 20hrz.... I'll grab a Closed Back headphone honestly

 

Anyways, the HE 400 has a simmilar bass curve to the HE 6 I hope. linear from 30-1000 

 

I need to look at HE 6 graphs though 

Not entirely.

HE-400 has significantly more bass than the HE-6 in every aspect.

This graph confirms it - graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2871&graphID[]=3651&scale=30 

HE-400 is much more linear in the bass as you can see. HE-6 has a significant roll-off in the sub-bass up to 30HZ :]

From 30 - 1000HZ yes :] Noticeably flatter in fact :D


Edited by conquerator2 - 10/24/13 at 6:08am
post #1204 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Not at all!

HE-400 has significantly more bass than the HE-6 in every aspect.

This graph confirms it - graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=2871&graphID%5B%5D=3651&scale=30 

HE-400 is much more linear in the bass as you can see. HE-6 has a significant roll-off in the sub-bass up to 30HZ :]

See that pisses me off, I do NOT want te HE 6 to have more bass, BUT to have a ROLL off seriously lame... BUT t's not negative Sub bass... so at 20hrz it's at 0 then for 30 it's incraed not a HUGE deal I guess, but I would have ben happy with a linear +2 bass response honestly 

 

Oh well, the poor sub bass isn't a big deal... rather not poor but the neutral 0 sub bass not a big deal ';3 

post #1205 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

See that pisses me off, I do NOT want te HE 6 to have more bass, BUT to have a ROLL off seriously lame... BUT t's not negative Sub bass... so at 20hrz it's at 0 then for 30 it's incraed not a HUGE deal I guess, but I would have ben happy with a linear +2 bass response honestly 

 

Oh well, the poor sub bass isn't a big deal... rather not poor but the neutral 0 sub bass not a big deal ';3 

The bass is awesome, really.

Only the sub-bass is rolled-off, so when there is sub-bass, it is quieter relative to the rest.

When there is some serious overblown sub-bass pumped in there [outside of music, like in games/movies] well, the headphone distorts...

Which is not a deal breaker for me as in games it happens rarely and so does in movies and it only distorts certain overblown things like massive explosions,etc.

post #1206 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

The bass is awesome, really.

Only the sub-bass is rolled-off, so when there is sub-bass, it is quieter relative to the rest.

When there is some serious overblown sub-bass pumped in there [outside of music, like in games/movies] well, the headphone distorts...

Which is not a deal breaker for me as in games it happens rarely and so does in movies and it only distorts certain overblown things like massive explosions,etc.

ugh and that's kinda annoying honestly, but the bass can't be worse than the T1... although it might b... the Beyers sound better imo for movies then my HE 400

 

either way that is years away for me so I'll figure it out then ;3

post #1207 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

ugh and that's kinda annoying honestly, but the bass can't be worse than the T1... although it might b... the Beyers sound better imo for movies then my HE 400

 

either way that is years away for me so I'll figure it out then ;3

For music though, the bass is just sublime :] Perfect :D

post #1208 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

For music though, the bass is just sublime :] Perfect :D

Speaking of "Sublime"...  When the a900x arrives listen to Santeria by Sublime, fun song to listen to with A/T's :wink_face:

post #1209 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post

Speaking of "Sublime"...  When the a900x arrives listen to Santeria by Sublime, fun song to listen to with A/T's wink_face.gif

I hope everything will be sublime ^_^
post #1210 of 1850

going to try a Kojo KM-01 Brass SE SS with my w1000x to see if I can't get PERFECTION with it without balancing... the KojoKM-01Brass is like MSRP $900 so it should stomp my pb1 in it's tracks... I was going to try a tube with my w1000x but this might be a better option

 

that said seeing as my he 400 is getting very little head time... she's off to the For Sale Thread! Gatta pamper my beloved w1000x u know 

post #1211 of 1850

How does this compare to say an HE-500? I realize it's open vs closed and I might be comparing apples to oranges, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyways. I'm coming from a Q701 and I find the treble to be too intense and the bass to be too thin, which is why I'm thinking of upgrading if this matters at all.

post #1212 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeworthy View Post
 

How does this compare to say an HE-500? I realize it's open vs closed and I might be comparing apples to oranges, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyways. I'm coming from a Q701 and I find the treble to be too intense and the bass to be too thin, which is why I'm thinking of upgrading if this matters at all.

To me, HE500 is thin all across the board vs w1000x.  HE500 has it's own characters that surpass' the w1000x in some aspects such as bigger sound stage and more forwarded female vocals.  HE500 can get a little boring at times, (depending on your mood).  w1000x...  much more of a funner can, faster, and more "IN YOUR FACE" type of deal.  Bass is very present and tight.  I demo'd the q701's vs my w1000x stock at the time and I liked the sound stage on the Q's but as of sound quality I give it to the W's.  I cranked up the Q's as loud as my ears can handle and I can hear the drivers starts to distort.  Whereas, W's....  You'll blow your ear drums before you blow out the drivers...:wink_face:  Yeah yeah...  who listens to music that loud???  SCHIIT i do!  Head rockin loud!

 

I would say that if you're looking for an upgrade, this thread is the right place to be, coming from your Q's.  

post #1213 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeworthy View Post

How does this compare to say an HE-500? I realize it's open vs closed and I might be comparing apples to oranges, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyways. I'm coming from a Q701 and I find the treble to be too intense and the bass to be too thin, which is why I'm thinking of upgrading if this matters at all.

I'll give a few remarks once I get the 900X and will compare it vs the HE-6.
It's not 1000x vs he-500, but it should give us a good idea about the signature and other sound characteristics wink.gif
post #1214 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

To me, HE500 is thin all across the board vs w1000x.  HE500 has it's own characters that surpass' the w1000x in some aspects such as bigger sound stage and more forwarded female vocals.  HE500 can get a little boring at times, (depending on your mood).  w1000x...  much more of a funner can, faster, and more "IN YOUR FACE" type of deal.  Bass is very present and tight.  I demo'd the q701's vs my w1000x stock at the time and I liked the sound stage on the Q's but as of sound quality I give it to the W's.  I cranked up the Q's as loud as my ears can handle and I can hear the drivers starts to distort.  Whereas, W's....  You'll blow your ear drums before you blow out the drivers...:wink_face:  Yeah yeah...  who listens to music that loud???  SCHIIT i do!  Head rockin loud!

 

I would say that if you're looking for an upgrade, this thread is the right place to be, coming from your Q's.  

That's good to hear, I was leaning towards HE-500s but the weight of them is really off putting for me. I feel like I'll be getting more value through the HE-500s though, since it's so often compared to high-end headphones, which I don't think can be said for the W1000x.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


I'll give a few remarks once I get the 900X and will compare it vs the HE-6.
It's not 1000x vs he-500, but it should give us a good idea about the signature and other sound characteristics wink.gif

Those are in entirely different leagues though :tongue_smile: 

post #1215 of 1850

^ Maybe so, the better if the 900X ends up holding its own :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!