Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 75

post #1111 of 1871

Had a friend who demo'd my modded w1000x and as soon as he went home he returned his ad1000x.  "Yes, it's that good!"  :atsmile: 

post #1112 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

Had a friend who demo'd my modded w1000x and as soon as he went home he returned his ad1000x.  "Yes, it's that good!"  :atsmile: 

 

well that's a matter of preferance. Open vs closed should not be compared, and I prefer Closed for Rock and Vocals still 

post #1113 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

well that's a matter of preferance. Open vs closed should not be compared, and I prefer Closed for Rock and Vocals still 

That's true... I was just saying that he was impressed.
post #1114 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post


That's true... I was just saying that he was impressed.

 

oh ofc, it is a great headphone 

post #1115 of 1871

help!!!

 

So I took it apart, easier than I thought, put dynamat around the wood cup

 

and also around the driver housing,

 

then I looked at Purrin's mod, note he put dynamat on the driver iself(metal surface with a small whole)

 

Does one need to do that? if so it means I need to open the driver housing?? I'm so scared.. there are two wires seems delicate..

 

post #1116 of 1871

ok, I broke the rubber ring in right ear cup, it sticks to both wooden cup and the metal housing when I separate the two, I couldn't pull from either side.....

 

I didn't open the driver housing to put more dymanat in there, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with the change,

 

def feel more bass, and vocals in some songs aren't that sharp any more

 

one thing is that I'm hearing noticable noises, it might be that i messed up rubber ring?

 

 

I listen to indiepop and electropop, before mod, the bass was weak but at least its clean and silky smooth,

now, sometimes, I feel like listening to a fcking pair of Beats....

 

overall, I don't know, I think I messed it up a little bit, and put a little more dyanamt on right ear than left ear...

 

I might need to find a new rubber ring and take some dynamat out from right ear....

 

 

:(((


Edited by graphic - 10/4/13 at 6:24pm
post #1117 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic View Post
 

ok, I broke the rubber ring in right ear cup, it sticks to both wooden cup and the metal housing when I separate the two, I couldn't pull from either side.....

 

I didn't open the driver housing to put more dymanat in there, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with the change,

 

def feel more bass, and vocals in some songs aren't that sharp any more

 

one thing is that I'm hearing noticable noises, it might be that i messed up rubber ring?

 

 

I listen to indiepop and electropop, before mod, the bass was weak but at least its clean and silky smooth,

now, sometimes, I feel like listening to a fcking pair of Beats....

 

overall, I don't know, I think I messed it up a little bit, and put a little more dyanamt on right ear than left ear...

 

I might need to find a new rubber ring and take some dynamat out from right ear....

 

 

:(((

 

Do you mean it ripped?  If so, I would glue it back onto the metal ring.  On mine, the rubber sticks onto the medal ring instead of the wood cup.  It is sorta a big deal due to sound leakage.  What I did on mine is I covered ALL of the black driver housing with dynamat "except the back openings.  Gives it a little more of a tighter bass.  "still it wouldn't affect the wood sound" just tighter.  

 

Again, take your time.

post #1118 of 1871

ya, I took apart again, and use the rubbery black glue from dynamat, just  a tiny bit to glue the rubber ring back(there is a crack)

 

and I think the yellow foam has openings between its layers(I put some more dynamat on the driver housing, and it collides with the foam when I put back the cup), I took out that dynamat, now the noise is gone

 

I'm wondering whats the differece would be if I open the driver housing and put dynamat on the driver, will it make more bass? lose more detail? I'm pretty sure my dynamat is def not reversable........so I want to know what kind of changes will it make before I make a move

 

anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the result already, this mod def compromise some detail and clarity, but not a lot, I think the balance so far is pretty good, I wouldnt make any moves if my 1000x loses more clarity and gain more bass, its pretty sweet so far

post #1119 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic View Post

ya, I took apart again, and use the rubbery black glue from dynamat, just  a tiny bit to glue the rubber ring back(there is a crack)

and I think the yellow foam has openings between its layers(I put some more dynamat on the driver housing, and it collides with the foam when I put back the cup), I took out that dynamat, now the noise is gone

I'm wondering whats the differece would be if I open the driver housing and put dynamat on the driver, will it make more bass? lose more detail? I'm pretty sure my dynamat is def not reversable........so I want to know what kind of changes will it make before I make a move

anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the result already, this mod def compromise some detail and clarity, but not a lot, I think the balance so far is pretty good, I wouldnt make any moves if my 1000x loses more clarity and gain more bass, its pretty sweet so far

Awesome! If you're happy with the results then just stick with it. When I modded mine, i did apply dynamat onto the back side of the drivers. I wouldn't know the difference with or without because I modded everything all at once.
post #1120 of 1871

just wondering, is there anything on the market that comes really close to the audio techica sound signature but a better bass? a brand? a specific model of phone?

post #1121 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic View Post

ya, I took apart again, and use the rubbery black glue from dynamat, just  a tiny bit to glue the rubber ring back(there is a crack)

and I think the yellow foam has openings between its layers(I put some more dynamat on the driver housing, and it collides with the foam when I put back the cup), I took out that dynamat, now the noise is gone

I'm wondering whats the differece would be if I open the driver housing and put dynamat on the driver, will it make more bass? lose more detail? I'm pretty sure my dynamat is def not reversable........so I want to know what kind of changes will it make before I make a move

anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the result already, this mod def compromise some detail and clarity, but not a lot, I think the balance so far is pretty good, I wouldnt make any moves if my 1000x loses more clarity and gain more bass, its pretty sweet so far

wait what... more bass n less detail... when i modded i got less bass n more details q.Q'
post #1122 of 1871

anyway, fck me, i messed it up, ruined it

 

the noise still exists, sth is wrong, fck me, if i got another AT can i'll leave it alone

post #1123 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic View Post
 

anyway, fck me, i messed it up, ruined it

 

the noise still exists, sth is wrong, fck me, if i got another AT can i'll leave it alone

 

I'm sorry to hear that man, :/ that is the sad risk we take with mods [kinda why I did not mod the driver, just the cups] if you bought it new... I'd un mod it as best you can, call it defeftve and send it back on warrenty. If they deny you, well then just take it,

 

since modding voids warrenty sadly, You could also maybe get deeper into modding and take the whole thing apart, learn how to rebuild it from scratch and then just go nuts with mods! A good oppertunity to learn 

post #1124 of 1871

yeah, thats a good idea,

 

i'm thinking going for another brand tho, i dont think AT fits my music genre that well, but I do love the clarity of it a lot, maybe its time to give other brands a try

 

:((( 

post #1125 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


wait what... more bass n less detail... when i modded i got less bass n more details q.Q'

 

I got tighter bass and more detail, not less bass. Maybe revisit your mod.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!