Related Forum Threads
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEM that equals (or better yet, EXCEEDS) the HD 650s? Last post on 10/2/11 at 12:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it was announced on their FB/twitter, and even a thread here about it... but deal is dead I believe
Killed mine too. Just have enough extra to pay the audiologist Monday afternoon and overnight them when they come. It was such a snap decision that I am only now really starting to get excited.
Warp08 - I noticed in the background of your initial pics that you have the JHAudio carbon fiber case. Are my eyes correctly viewing that you could fit a portable amp in that case as well as the JH16's? Mine are coming with the tiny little Otterbox, but I might consider getting the carbon fiber case if I could carve the foam to allow my D4, the JH16's, and a LOD dock to fit in their for travel.
If they won't all fit in there, I might just go get a larger Otterbox, but the carbon fiber is super sexy.
Any other comments on the JH Audio CF case?
You could possibly fit all that into the JHA carbon fiber case. I love my JHA customs, but the carbon fiber boxes I have are not practical for me, because there is not enough room in there to accommodate the TWag cables I use them with, but they are fine for the much thinner stock JHA cables. Yes, you could probably drop a LOD in there as well.
I have two of them sitting there collecting dust, if you want one of them send me a PM. It's got my name on it so you have to use a labeler to put yours on top or ignore it. Or order it from JHA, but in that case I would consider a small Pelican box and put a JHA sticker on it, which are now available for a couple of bucks.
I was thinking the same thing when I ordered them, BTW. They are expensive because they are made of carbon fiber and got the flying angel JHA logo. Other than that, the workmanship is nothing special.
Thanks! Interesting that the TWag cables take up more space - is that because they are less flexible?
A small Pelican case might end up being the solution. I'll be carting my D4, LOD, and JH16's to and from work, and I really don't want them damaged floating around in my backpack. I think a thin but large case (perhaps one of the Pelican cases meant for a 13" laptop) would be good. Fill it with foam with cutouts for the gear and call it good. The JH Audio case looks way sexier than a Pelican, but if I have any concerns about fitting it all in there it would be a waste of $75.
Any rough estimate as to the internal dimensions of the JH case? How is your name engraved on it - on a metal plate, or directly into the CF itself?
There are many options regarding cases. Off-topic but I went thru a similar exercise for my prized Qualias just this week. Took me hours to cutout the foam cubes.
High-quality aftermarket cables are often thicker than their stock counterparts because of higher wire-strandcount, multiple layers of dampening and isolation layers, depending on design and the mix of materials used.
Back to the JHA CF otter case, it's just a conventional sticker made by a labeler, easily removed or replaced. The one below was for my JH13s which had a Star Wars themed art:
I heard the JH16Pro demo pair at RMAF this weekend, and enjoyed them. The bass was NOT overblown as I feared it would be and was actually simply fuller sounding than my JH13pro, and the JH16 demo had better focus and instrument placement in the bass than that of my JH13Pro.
The 3 sound tubes also seemed to improve the mids, and in my opinion the mids were more present and even level with the bass. I know the demo units can sound a little different than the custom fit version, but I would want that they would sound exactly the same if I ever got a pair.
- Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Beyerdynamic DT770, DT880, or DT990 with a blown driver or... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo vs iFi idac2, is the Hugo so much better? $1400 vs 300$? 7 minutes ago
- › Need amp/dac? 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2