Related Forum Threads
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEM that equals (or better yet, EXCEEDS) the HD 650s? Last post on 10/2/11 at 12:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it was announced on their FB/twitter, and even a thread here about it... but deal is dead I believe
Killed mine too. Just have enough extra to pay the audiologist Monday afternoon and overnight them when they come. It was such a snap decision that I am only now really starting to get excited.
Warp08 - I noticed in the background of your initial pics that you have the JHAudio carbon fiber case. Are my eyes correctly viewing that you could fit a portable amp in that case as well as the JH16's? Mine are coming with the tiny little Otterbox, but I might consider getting the carbon fiber case if I could carve the foam to allow my D4, the JH16's, and a LOD dock to fit in their for travel.
If they won't all fit in there, I might just go get a larger Otterbox, but the carbon fiber is super sexy.
Any other comments on the JH Audio CF case?
You could possibly fit all that into the JHA carbon fiber case. I love my JHA customs, but the carbon fiber boxes I have are not practical for me, because there is not enough room in there to accommodate the TWag cables I use them with, but they are fine for the much thinner stock JHA cables. Yes, you could probably drop a LOD in there as well.
I have two of them sitting there collecting dust, if you want one of them send me a PM. It's got my name on it so you have to use a labeler to put yours on top or ignore it. Or order it from JHA, but in that case I would consider a small Pelican box and put a JHA sticker on it, which are now available for a couple of bucks.
I was thinking the same thing when I ordered them, BTW. They are expensive because they are made of carbon fiber and got the flying angel JHA logo. Other than that, the workmanship is nothing special.
Thanks! Interesting that the TWag cables take up more space - is that because they are less flexible?
A small Pelican case might end up being the solution. I'll be carting my D4, LOD, and JH16's to and from work, and I really don't want them damaged floating around in my backpack. I think a thin but large case (perhaps one of the Pelican cases meant for a 13" laptop) would be good. Fill it with foam with cutouts for the gear and call it good. The JH Audio case looks way sexier than a Pelican, but if I have any concerns about fitting it all in there it would be a waste of $75.
Any rough estimate as to the internal dimensions of the JH case? How is your name engraved on it - on a metal plate, or directly into the CF itself?
There are many options regarding cases. Off-topic but I went thru a similar exercise for my prized Qualias just this week. Took me hours to cutout the foam cubes.
High-quality aftermarket cables are often thicker than their stock counterparts because of higher wire-strandcount, multiple layers of dampening and isolation layers, depending on design and the mix of materials used.
Back to the JHA CF otter case, it's just a conventional sticker made by a labeler, easily removed or replaced. The one below was for my JH13s which had a Star Wars themed art:
I heard the JH16Pro demo pair at RMAF this weekend, and enjoyed them. The bass was NOT overblown as I feared it would be and was actually simply fuller sounding than my JH13pro, and the JH16 demo had better focus and instrument placement in the bass than that of my JH13Pro.
The 3 sound tubes also seemed to improve the mids, and in my opinion the mids were more present and even level with the bass. I know the demo units can sound a little different than the custom fit version, but I would want that they would sound exactly the same if I ever got a pair.
- Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Streaming hi res music 3 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 29 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs 44 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Internal Sound Chord Mojo 2 minutes ago
- › The decline of fist fights 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...