Related Forum Threads
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive custom in-ear suggestions? Last post on 12/3/11 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEM that equals (or better yet, EXCEEDS) the HD 650s? Last post on 10/2/11 at 12:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 1845/13/10 at 1:18pmpost #138 of 1845/13/10 at 1:19pm
it was announced on their FB/twitter, and even a thread here about it... but deal is dead I believepost #139 of 1845/14/10 at 12:45ampost #140 of 1845/14/10 at 12:46ampost #141 of 1845/15/10 at 3:11pmQuote:
Killed mine too. Just have enough extra to pay the audiologist Monday afternoon and overnight them when they come. It was such a snap decision that I am only now really starting to get excited.post #142 of 1845/30/10 at 12:00ampost #143 of 1846/27/10 at 10:29ampost #144 of 1846/27/10 at 2:01pmpost #145 of 18410/10/10 at 2:18ampost #146 of 18410/17/10 at 10:36am
Warp08 - I noticed in the background of your initial pics that you have the JHAudio carbon fiber case. Are my eyes correctly viewing that you could fit a portable amp in that case as well as the JH16's? Mine are coming with the tiny little Otterbox, but I might consider getting the carbon fiber case if I could carve the foam to allow my D4, the JH16's, and a LOD dock to fit in their for travel.
If they won't all fit in there, I might just go get a larger Otterbox, but the carbon fiber is super sexy.
Any other comments on the JH Audio CF case?post #147 of 18410/17/10 at 1:17pmThread Starter
You could possibly fit all that into the JHA carbon fiber case. I love my JHA customs, but the carbon fiber boxes I have are not practical for me, because there is not enough room in there to accommodate the TWag cables I use them with, but they are fine for the much thinner stock JHA cables. Yes, you could probably drop a LOD in there as well.
I have two of them sitting there collecting dust, if you want one of them send me a PM. It's got my name on it so you have to use a labeler to put yours on top or ignore it. Or order it from JHA, but in that case I would consider a small Pelican box and put a JHA sticker on it, which are now available for a couple of bucks.
I was thinking the same thing when I ordered them, BTW. They are expensive because they are made of carbon fiber and got the flying angel JHA logo. Other than that, the workmanship is nothing special.post #148 of 18410/17/10 at 1:33pm
Thanks! Interesting that the TWag cables take up more space - is that because they are less flexible?
A small Pelican case might end up being the solution. I'll be carting my D4, LOD, and JH16's to and from work, and I really don't want them damaged floating around in my backpack. I think a thin but large case (perhaps one of the Pelican cases meant for a 13" laptop) would be good. Fill it with foam with cutouts for the gear and call it good. The JH Audio case looks way sexier than a Pelican, but if I have any concerns about fitting it all in there it would be a waste of $75.
Any rough estimate as to the internal dimensions of the JH case? How is your name engraved on it - on a metal plate, or directly into the CF itself?post #149 of 18410/17/10 at 2:11pmThread Starter
There are many options regarding cases. Off-topic but I went thru a similar exercise for my prized Qualias just this week. Took me hours to cutout the foam cubes.
High-quality aftermarket cables are often thicker than their stock counterparts because of higher wire-strandcount, multiple layers of dampening and isolation layers, depending on design and the mix of materials used.
Back to the JHA CF otter case, it's just a conventional sticker made by a labeler, easily removed or replaced. The one below was for my JH13s which had a Star Wars themed art:post #150 of 18410/17/10 at 9:31pm
I heard the JH16Pro demo pair at RMAF this weekend, and enjoyed them. The bass was NOT overblown as I feared it would be and was actually simply fuller sounding than my JH13pro, and the JH16 demo had better focus and instrument placement in the bass than that of my JH13Pro.
The 3 sound tubes also seemed to improve the mids, and in my opinion the mids were more present and even level with the bass. I know the demo units can sound a little different than the custom fit version, but I would want that they would sound exactly the same if I ever got a pair.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 35 seconds ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 1 minute ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 1 minute ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones are too many? 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 6 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 6 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe