you could just get the wood cups + dampening not the overly expensive wire, wires make no difference.
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on headphones for BASS Last post on 6/15/10 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d1001 and Denon ah-d1100 Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + amp for gaming Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Seriously considering getting the LA7000's... - Page 4post #46 of 506/15/10 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 506/15/10 at 7:50pmpost #48 of 506/16/10 at 12:13ampost #49 of 506/16/10 at 12:59am
It seems a lot of members are just throwing things at you to buy. After a certain price point headphones do not really sound "better" anymore. They just sound different. Spending so much money assuming that a more expensive headphone is better is rash. I do not like many expensive headphones that many claim to be superior to other cheaper headphones. I personally love the Ultrasone HFI 580 and PRO 550. They are practically entry level phones but I like them ALOT more than Edition 8 or Grado GS1000i. I feel AKG K701s are superior to Grado GS1000i. Diminishing returns is very much active in the headphone world. Personal preferences and psychology will also play a huge role.
Also, you have only had a D1000. ANYTHING would sound way better than that IMO. D1000 is not a great headphone. Buying even D2000 would probably be enough of an upgrade for you and you may barely notice the difference between the D5000 to D7000 to LA7000.
Edited by wind016 - 6/16/10 at 1:02ampost #50 of 506/16/10 at 3:38pm
Hmm, for some reason my previous post didn't print out.
I say buy everything right now and enjoy it. After that maybe you'll come to the realization that you could have better spent your money on other things. At least that's what happened to me and then the for sale forum because my best friend.
- Seriously considering getting the LA7000's...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 12 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...