you could just get the wood cups + dampening not the overly expensive wire, wires make no difference.
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on headphones for BASS Last post on 6/15/10 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d1001 and Denon ah-d1100 Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + amp for gaming Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
Seriously considering getting the LA7000's... - Page 4post #46 of 506/15/10 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 506/15/10 at 7:50pmpost #48 of 506/16/10 at 12:13ampost #49 of 506/16/10 at 12:59am
It seems a lot of members are just throwing things at you to buy. After a certain price point headphones do not really sound "better" anymore. They just sound different. Spending so much money assuming that a more expensive headphone is better is rash. I do not like many expensive headphones that many claim to be superior to other cheaper headphones. I personally love the Ultrasone HFI 580 and PRO 550. They are practically entry level phones but I like them ALOT more than Edition 8 or Grado GS1000i. I feel AKG K701s are superior to Grado GS1000i. Diminishing returns is very much active in the headphone world. Personal preferences and psychology will also play a huge role.
Also, you have only had a D1000. ANYTHING would sound way better than that IMO. D1000 is not a great headphone. Buying even D2000 would probably be enough of an upgrade for you and you may barely notice the difference between the D5000 to D7000 to LA7000.
Edited by wind016 - 6/16/10 at 1:02ampost #50 of 506/16/10 at 3:38pm
Hmm, for some reason my previous post didn't print out.
I say buy everything right now and enjoy it. After that maybe you'll come to the realization that you could have better spent your money on other things. At least that's what happened to me and then the for sale forum because my best friend.
- Seriously considering getting the LA7000's...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need suggestions for first set 56 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Review: One Size Fits All 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)