you could just get the wood cups + dampening not the overly expensive wire, wires make no difference.
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on headphones for BASS Last post on 6/15/10 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d1001 and Denon ah-d1100 Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + amp for gaming Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
Seriously considering getting the LA7000's... - Page 4post #46 of 506/15/10 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 506/15/10 at 7:50pmpost #48 of 506/16/10 at 12:13ampost #49 of 506/16/10 at 12:59am
It seems a lot of members are just throwing things at you to buy. After a certain price point headphones do not really sound "better" anymore. They just sound different. Spending so much money assuming that a more expensive headphone is better is rash. I do not like many expensive headphones that many claim to be superior to other cheaper headphones. I personally love the Ultrasone HFI 580 and PRO 550. They are practically entry level phones but I like them ALOT more than Edition 8 or Grado GS1000i. I feel AKG K701s are superior to Grado GS1000i. Diminishing returns is very much active in the headphone world. Personal preferences and psychology will also play a huge role.
Also, you have only had a D1000. ANYTHING would sound way better than that IMO. D1000 is not a great headphone. Buying even D2000 would probably be enough of an upgrade for you and you may barely notice the difference between the D5000 to D7000 to LA7000.
Edited by wind016 - 6/16/10 at 1:02ampost #50 of 506/16/10 at 3:38pm
Hmm, for some reason my previous post didn't print out.
I say buy everything right now and enjoy it. After that maybe you'll come to the realization that you could have better spent your money on other things. At least that's what happened to me and then the for sale forum because my best friend.
- Seriously considering getting the LA7000's...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 57 seconds ago
- › Violectric / Lake People DAC RS 06 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › USB cable over 5m? 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD800 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...