you could just get the wood cups + dampening not the overly expensive wire, wires make no difference.
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on headphones for BASS Last post on 6/15/10 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grabbing a New Pair of Headphones - Any suggestions would be great! Last post on 10/25/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d1001 and Denon ah-d1100 Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + amp for gaming Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Seriously considering getting the LA7000's... - Page 4post #46 of 506/15/10 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 506/15/10 at 7:50pmpost #48 of 506/16/10 at 12:13ampost #49 of 506/16/10 at 12:59am
It seems a lot of members are just throwing things at you to buy. After a certain price point headphones do not really sound "better" anymore. They just sound different. Spending so much money assuming that a more expensive headphone is better is rash. I do not like many expensive headphones that many claim to be superior to other cheaper headphones. I personally love the Ultrasone HFI 580 and PRO 550. They are practically entry level phones but I like them ALOT more than Edition 8 or Grado GS1000i. I feel AKG K701s are superior to Grado GS1000i. Diminishing returns is very much active in the headphone world. Personal preferences and psychology will also play a huge role.
Also, you have only had a D1000. ANYTHING would sound way better than that IMO. D1000 is not a great headphone. Buying even D2000 would probably be enough of an upgrade for you and you may barely notice the difference between the D5000 to D7000 to LA7000.
Edited by wind016 - 6/16/10 at 1:02ampost #50 of 506/16/10 at 3:38pm
Hmm, for some reason my previous post didn't print out.
I say buy everything right now and enjoy it. After that maybe you'll come to the realization that you could have better spent your money on other things. At least that's what happened to me and then the for sale forum because my best friend.
- Seriously considering getting the LA7000's...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SummitFi EDM Rig - Studio Six vs Liquid Gold vs BHSE / LCD X vs LCD... 4 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 25 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Dave's Cables D2 Interconnect with Furutech RCAs and Neotech UPOCC... 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone amps with receivers 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a small dorm speaker/sub combo. Budget-$300 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)