Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sugestions for pads, for a Vixen Kind of headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sugestions for pads, for a Vixen Kind of headphone

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hi Everyone
I will put a pair of Grado SR325is drivers in a DT990 '05 shell (as a Vixen kind of mod), and with a Denon AH-D5000 cable. But, i don't known which pads are the most idoneous; for that i want. I have interest (and i will buy only one) in one of the two: The AKG K701, and/or the Jmoney Lambskin Beyerdynamic Ear Pads.

I will not use the Beyerdynamic DT 880/990 earpads, because the sound would very bright and sibilant, which is not very good, from previous experiences....

I want a very big (specially deep) and the most three-dimensional soundstage, with a very airy/transparent, and balanced sound. with excelent image. I want to listen to all the details in the music.

I want a different sound to my other headphone(s), which tends to sound warmer, but airier. I want the airiest sound (but not cold, dry or very analytical) with a slightly of warmness.

Really, i don't known if the AKG pads will work well with that i have....

If there is more sugestions for pads, i am all ears. Thanks in advance for your help.
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
?
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Nobody want to Help??
post #5 of 12
Dont bump so much, its annoying.

Its not that nobody wants to help so much as that nobody knows the answer. On unique DIY projects you often have to do the legwork yourself through careful research and perhaps experimentation.
post #6 of 12
Based off experience with J$ I'd recommend his pads, but I can't compare them to the others you're considering.
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
I known that it is annoying (but there are a lot of threads that are stacked fast, and it gets eclipsed so fast); but it seems that my thread, wasn't adquiring the attention that i could expect...
I also known the second perfectly. But, there can have some experienced people that can help/give his opinions....
I can't take the luxury to buy the two kind of pads, for that i create this thread....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongod View Post
Dont bump so much, its annoying.

Its not that nobody wants to help so much as that nobody knows the answer. On unique DIY projects you often have to do the legwork yourself through careful research and perhaps experimentation.
Have you tested the Beyer lambsking leather before?. and with which headphones/pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolic View Post
Based off experience with J$ I'd recommend his pads, but I can't compare them to the others you're considering.
Anyway, i put this thread, because i don't known exactly what to expect from that grado Drivers....
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilashort View Post
I also known the second perfectly. But, there can have some experienced people that can help/give his opinions....
But that's the thing. There aren't really any people that have done this other than Larry. Nobody wants to misguide you into buying the wrong thing.

nikongod did put SR125 drivers in a DT770 and used the Jmoney pads... If that helps.

EDIT:
Oops, he used the Beyerdynamic leather pads, not the Jmoney pads. My mistake.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Yes, i understand that; and that would be do the correct
In other hand, i am thinking to use the Jmoney Beyer pads.... But there is the temptation, to use the other pads. Because those are as the Denon Pads (which are angled), and for the promise of get an airy and bigger soundstage. But my bother/concern is the that sound could be tiny and inorganic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
But that's the thing. There aren't really any people that have done this other than Larry. Nobody wants to misguide you into buying the wrong thing.

nikongod did put SR125 drivers in a DT770 and used the Jmoney pads... If that helps.

EDIT:
Oops, he used the Beyerdynamic leather pads, not the Jmoney pads. My mistake.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #11 of 12
I put sr60 drivers in a 770pro shell and the result was interesting. Soundstage was wider, there was less warmth and the bass went deeper. The deeper bass was noticed mainly on bass-prominent songs. Most music, however, was too shrill to be enjoyable. With some EQ, one could attenuate the treble a little to gain more balance.

How this will work in an open dt990 shell is anyone's guess. Good luck, and try to keep from permanently destroying your grados/beyers!
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

Ok...

Thank you very much for your impressions
In other hand, i don't have grados yet (I will receive the drivers in two weeks or less);
And, i don't have planned to destroy my future RS1i....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnisher View Post
I put sr60 drivers in a 770pro shell and the result was interesting. Soundstage was wider, there was less warmth and the bass went deeper. The deeper bass was noticed mainly on bass-prominent songs. Most music, however, was too shrill to be enjoyable. With some EQ, one could attenuate the treble a little to gain more balance.

How this will work in an open dt990 shell is anyone's guess. Good luck, and try to keep from permanently destroying your grados/beyers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sugestions for pads, for a Vixen Kind of headphone