Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 297

post #4441 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

I like Klipsch double flanges oval gel tips.

 

After so many months, I finally got a pair of Klipsch small double flange tips (traded w/ my hybrids). Sounds really good.

 

edit: the bass just got better! \m/


Edited by dogears - 1/8/13 at 10:43pm
post #4442 of 4469

Hi everybody,

 

I just wanted you to know that my pair of DBA-02 mkIIs let me down last week. No more sound in the right canal. I dropped an email to MusicaAcoustics to ask them if there was something (or even nothing) they could do for me. No answer...

So I looked for another seller and found one in England: Top Dog Headphones. I paid £130 with the shipping cost. Ordered last Thursday, received Monday morning. Top quality service!

post #4443 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post

Hi everybody,

I just wanted you to know that my pair of DBA-02 mkIIs let me down last week. No more sound in the right canal. I dropped an email to MusicaAcoustics to ask them if there was something (or even nothing) they could do for me. No answer...
So I looked for another seller and found one in England: Top Dog Headphones. I paid £130 with the shipping cost. Ordered last Thursday, received Monday morning. Top quality service!

Welcome to the club
post #4444 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonsphinx View Post


Welcome to the club

Would that be the Top Dog Headphones club, or the club of owners with failed db-02 mkiis? I seriously enjoy my pair (with the exception of the cable and associated horrific microphonics) - I even sold my W3s after hearing the mkiis, and would hate to think that they're that entirely unreliable for long-term ownership. Has anyone gotten any direct feedback from Fischer Audio about the failures? Maybe I haven't trolled the forums enough to be aware of it, but I don't know of any/many other IEMs with a documented fail rate like I'm hearing about the dba mkiis. How unusual a problem IS this?

post #4445 of 4469
Wow I was seriously thinking about getting a pair of these as I've read about how good they sound and how affordable they are..if they are still around 160 bucks or so..I started to read at the beginning of this thread and kinda fastforward to near the end. But that's roughly the price I read...but I'm thinking twice now manly cause of the cable issue..what a shame cause I'm thinking that I would love the sound no doubt. frown.gif
post #4446 of 4469

Which are the best foams for the DBA-02 ?I have put some which reminds me the olive foams,but there is not bass at all.Unacceptable.

I changed to my UM3Xs listening the same song,and it was like  day and night .
 

post #4447 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post

Which are the best foams for the DBA-02 ?I have put some which reminds me the olive foams,but there is not bass at all.Unacceptable.

I changed to my UM3Xs listening the same song,and it was like  day and night .
 

 

Well... I'm not sure there is a 'best'. There are too many different tastes, ears, etc.

But I have used Comply P-type (large) for years, and I find them superior to the Olives.

post #4448 of 4469
Sad thing has just happened to me! Crying.

I left my dba02 1st generation on the plane, tht was really killing me!
I missed it soo much and it's something that no other iem could ever achieve the sq. I looked at my um3x and I just miss how my dba02 sounds, the vocals, every high notes it plays in the score, treble.........
Crying:(
post #4449 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvinhui View Post

Sad thing has just happened to me! Crying.

I left my dba02 1st generation on the plane, tht was really killing me!
I missed it soo much and it's something that no other iem could ever achieve the sq. I looked at my um3x and I just miss how my dba02 sounds, the vocals, every high notes it plays in the score, treble.........
Crying:(

 

frown.gif I feel for you.

 

You'll just have to buy some B2's if they get re-released, or find either of them used.

 

Good luck.

post #4450 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJK59 View Post

Would that be the Top Dog Headphones club, or the club of owners with failed db-02 mkiis? I seriously enjoy my pair (with the exception of the cable and associated horrific microphonics) - I even sold my W3s after hearing the mkiis, and would hate to think that they're that entirely unreliable for long-term ownership. Has anyone gotten any direct feedback from Fischer Audio about the failures? Maybe I haven't trolled the forums enough to be aware of it, but I don't know of any/many other IEMs with a documented fail rate like I'm hearing about the dba mkiis. How unusual a problem IS this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

frown.gif  I feel for you.

You'll just have to buy some B2's if they get re-released, or find either of them used.

Good luck.
Really..they are that hard to find.?? Wow..doesn't this company know the demand that they have.wow..and I seen on musica acoustic that they will be in stock I think it said may 14 or something like that..and so these things actually sound that good that someone wouldrather listen to these over the um3?? Again wow!! Lol.I don't have the um3 but I do have the um2..and I find the better the sorce and amp they sound a world better..!!.maybe just my opinion.smily_headphones1.gif but now I'm wanting some of these..
post #4451 of 4469

Locally, the B2 is very much available.

post #4452 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

Locally, the B2 is very much available.
really where do you live?? I am in Canada near Toronto and I can find them anywhere.. I wish frown.gif
post #4453 of 4469

Sorry, I'm in the Philippines :D

post #4454 of 4469
I wore my B2's too long in the pouring rain and now they sound completely crappy. Very compressed, dry bass, and the lower mids are all gone :/

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? The right channel is also a lot less loudsr in volume then the left. They have dried for 1,5 day now, I might try blowdrying them a little. I could also try to open em up to see what happened inside, but I don't know how without damaging them. They're so fragile frown.gif

-edit- The left channel is fine, the right channel sounds fine too, but just a lot lower in volume. Is this the famous channel imbalance that happens after a while? Would be pretty coincidental to just happen after I used them for a long period (half an hour or so) in the pouring rain, right? frown.gif
Edited by okthxbye - 5/10/13 at 6:10am
post #4455 of 4469
Hi I live near Toronto Canada. Can someone please tell me where online I can buy these?? I am very interested in trying these. I've looked on eBay.ca but there is none frown.gif. Please help me!!! Lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02