- 5,401 Posts. Joined 4/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 12/4/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 80post #1186 of 44567/31/10 at 3:20pmQuote:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1187 of 44567/31/10 at 3:23pm
Well unless you are one of those people who horde all the earphones for themselves :) I quite agree however. I would go broke much faster if I haven't sold most of my old stuff to other members here.post #1188 of 44567/31/10 at 5:26pm
Yea, but you're forgetting the fact that we're still on the path to going broke. :) I've sold stuff here just to buy more expensive stuff too, and my wallet's really not appreciating my effort.
But in all seriousness, I agree. Being able to sell stuff here so easily is a great thing. It's like bandaging a small wound before you go create a larger wound. :)
post #1189 of 44567/31/10 at 9:10pmpost #1190 of 44567/31/10 at 9:17pmpost #1191 of 44568/1/10 at 6:23ampost #1192 of 44568/1/10 at 7:30am
Right now, it's all been sold. Down to the "bare bones" in my world.
post #1193 of 44568/1/10 at 1:02pmpost #1194 of 44568/1/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
Yes, it looks like an 18db steady drop from 300hz to 30hz. From 300hz up the graph looks very promising.
I would also like to know how folks are perceiving this drop and if it is obvious.
shanepost #1195 of 44568/1/10 at 3:10pm
Now granted I haven't heard the DBA-02 in about 5-6 weeks I do remember liking the bass on my CK10 better. I remember putting something along the lines that it had better extension in the bass than the DBA-02 when I had them both to compare for a couple days before I sold the CK10. I would like to know what gear that graph was used in testing however unless that was in those links. I didn't get much further past the graph however.post #1196 of 44568/1/10 at 4:03pm
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.post #1197 of 44568/1/10 at 5:54pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by slaters70
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.
Haha! I wouldn't say I have any skills.
Anyway...as I wrote in my review - I find the DBA to be very balanced. If I were to describe it in frequency range terms, I would say that I hear them as very linear.
I find that concern about the bass range is completely unfounded. If the bass is high, the DBA's will show you that. If the recording is lacking in bass, the DBA's will show you that as well. What goes into the DBA-02's is what you will hear. Not more, not less and no coloration.
It is one of the few headphones and IEM's that can play my reference demo bass track at an outstanding level without being muddy or losing detail.post #1198 of 44568/1/10 at 6:11pm
Likewise, I think I said in my review that while (to my ears) the CK10 is ruler-flat and the DBA-02 isn't, the Fischer still holds its own in extension against the majority of high-end phones.post #1199 of 44568/1/10 at 6:22pm
The Russian FR graph is interesting but doesn't quite match my listening experience with DBA-02. One would think the much of a roll-off will be very obvious but DBA-02 actually has a great bass response. Then again there are tons of variable on different measuring tools and setup I think it is hard to make a definite answer as to the accuracy. In which case, I trust my ears more than anything else.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Download Hobbit 2 The Desolation of Smaug Online 41 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 1 minute ago
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Phones imparting the least individual signature, read neutral... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 4 minutes ago
- › Senn CX 300 II or Soundmagic E10 or some other in this budget ? 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi