- 6,605 Posts. Joined 4/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 12:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 80post #1186 of 44697/31/10 at 3:20pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 44697/31/10 at 3:23pm
Well unless you are one of those people who horde all the earphones for themselves :) I quite agree however. I would go broke much faster if I haven't sold most of my old stuff to other members here.post #1188 of 44697/31/10 at 5:26pm
Yea, but you're forgetting the fact that we're still on the path to going broke. :) I've sold stuff here just to buy more expensive stuff too, and my wallet's really not appreciating my effort.
But in all seriousness, I agree. Being able to sell stuff here so easily is a great thing. It's like bandaging a small wound before you go create a larger wound. :)
post #1189 of 44697/31/10 at 9:10pmpost #1190 of 44697/31/10 at 9:17pmpost #1191 of 44698/1/10 at 6:23ampost #1192 of 44698/1/10 at 7:30am
Right now, it's all been sold. Down to the "bare bones" in my world.
post #1193 of 44698/1/10 at 1:02pmpost #1194 of 44698/1/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
Yes, it looks like an 18db steady drop from 300hz to 30hz. From 300hz up the graph looks very promising.
I would also like to know how folks are perceiving this drop and if it is obvious.
shanepost #1195 of 44698/1/10 at 3:10pm
Now granted I haven't heard the DBA-02 in about 5-6 weeks I do remember liking the bass on my CK10 better. I remember putting something along the lines that it had better extension in the bass than the DBA-02 when I had them both to compare for a couple days before I sold the CK10. I would like to know what gear that graph was used in testing however unless that was in those links. I didn't get much further past the graph however.post #1196 of 44698/1/10 at 4:03pm
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.post #1197 of 44698/1/10 at 5:54pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by slaters70
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.
Haha! I wouldn't say I have any skills.
Anyway...as I wrote in my review - I find the DBA to be very balanced. If I were to describe it in frequency range terms, I would say that I hear them as very linear.
I find that concern about the bass range is completely unfounded. If the bass is high, the DBA's will show you that. If the recording is lacking in bass, the DBA's will show you that as well. What goes into the DBA-02's is what you will hear. Not more, not less and no coloration.
It is one of the few headphones and IEM's that can play my reference demo bass track at an outstanding level without being muddy or losing detail.post #1198 of 44698/1/10 at 6:11pm
Likewise, I think I said in my review that while (to my ears) the CK10 is ruler-flat and the DBA-02 isn't, the Fischer still holds its own in extension against the majority of high-end phones.post #1199 of 44698/1/10 at 6:22pm
The Russian FR graph is interesting but doesn't quite match my listening experience with DBA-02. One would think the much of a roll-off will be very obvious but DBA-02 actually has a great bass response. Then again there are tons of variable on different measuring tools and setup I think it is hard to make a definite answer as to the accuracy. In which case, I trust my ears more than anything else.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 11 seconds ago
- › DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details 21 seconds ago
- › Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews? 58 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for comfortable nice sonding Headphones that don't need... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear