- 5,906 Posts. Joined 4/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 80post #1186 of 44697/31/10 at 3:20pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 44697/31/10 at 3:23pm
Well unless you are one of those people who horde all the earphones for themselves :) I quite agree however. I would go broke much faster if I haven't sold most of my old stuff to other members here.post #1188 of 44697/31/10 at 5:26pm
Yea, but you're forgetting the fact that we're still on the path to going broke. :) I've sold stuff here just to buy more expensive stuff too, and my wallet's really not appreciating my effort.
But in all seriousness, I agree. Being able to sell stuff here so easily is a great thing. It's like bandaging a small wound before you go create a larger wound. :)
post #1189 of 44697/31/10 at 9:10pmpost #1190 of 44697/31/10 at 9:17pmpost #1191 of 44698/1/10 at 6:23ampost #1192 of 44698/1/10 at 7:30am
Right now, it's all been sold. Down to the "bare bones" in my world.
post #1193 of 44698/1/10 at 1:02pmpost #1194 of 44698/1/10 at 1:44pmQuote:
Yes, it looks like an 18db steady drop from 300hz to 30hz. From 300hz up the graph looks very promising.
I would also like to know how folks are perceiving this drop and if it is obvious.
shanepost #1195 of 44698/1/10 at 3:10pm
Now granted I haven't heard the DBA-02 in about 5-6 weeks I do remember liking the bass on my CK10 better. I remember putting something along the lines that it had better extension in the bass than the DBA-02 when I had them both to compare for a couple days before I sold the CK10. I would like to know what gear that graph was used in testing however unless that was in those links. I didn't get much further past the graph however.post #1196 of 44698/1/10 at 4:03pm
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.post #1197 of 44698/1/10 at 5:54pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by slaters70
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.
Haha! I wouldn't say I have any skills.
Anyway...as I wrote in my review - I find the DBA to be very balanced. If I were to describe it in frequency range terms, I would say that I hear them as very linear.
I find that concern about the bass range is completely unfounded. If the bass is high, the DBA's will show you that. If the recording is lacking in bass, the DBA's will show you that as well. What goes into the DBA-02's is what you will hear. Not more, not less and no coloration.
It is one of the few headphones and IEM's that can play my reference demo bass track at an outstanding level without being muddy or losing detail.post #1198 of 44698/1/10 at 6:11pm
Likewise, I think I said in my review that while (to my ears) the CK10 is ruler-flat and the DBA-02 isn't, the Fischer still holds its own in extension against the majority of high-end phones.post #1199 of 44698/1/10 at 6:22pm
The Russian FR graph is interesting but doesn't quite match my listening experience with DBA-02. One would think the much of a roll-off will be very obvious but DBA-02 actually has a great bass response. Then again there are tons of variable on different measuring tools and setup I think it is hard to make a definite answer as to the accuracy. In which case, I trust my ears more than anything else.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 seconds ago
- › Recording SPIDF Audio to PC? 8 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 14 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 38 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair for a variety of genres, like... 50 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)