well hopefully you didnt get gypped because those are def. defective if they are cutting out and distorted. Try and get a new pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 6/4/13 at 1:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 76post #1126 of 44547/27/10 at 7:49pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #1127 of 44547/27/10 at 7:53pmQuote:
- Pros:“sound good, comfortable, iPhone compatible”“sound surrounds you, enough bass to make you want to sway”
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
they do cut out but the bass isnt distorted it was just the seal, but if the bass is supposed to better than my e2cs then its not, my e2cs sound louder and better
im in a wheelchair not deaf (yet)post #1128 of 44547/27/10 at 8:03pmpost #1129 of 44547/27/10 at 8:04pmpost #1130 of 44547/27/10 at 8:36pmI like a balance with a little harder bass if that makes sense I do like it loud though most of the time I have the source and amp as high as it goes
David its not only the bass that sounded better the e2c overall just sounded better, hopefully I get the problem fixed then I can try them longer
I got the invoice from the original buyer and emailed treoo
Anyways its bedtime.
Thanks to all for your help and suggestions
Edited by yianni - 7/27/10 at 8:40pmpost #1131 of 44547/28/10 at 7:44am
so right now as i speak im listening to my dbas through musiland mon 02 -> alo rx and it sounds very bad especially with the volume almost full on my pc and the rx, i have a good seal too, i really hope treoo helps me
Edited by yianni - 7/28/10 at 7:53ampost #1132 of 44547/28/10 at 7:52ampost #1133 of 44547/28/10 at 7:55am
well i contacted and told him about the problems and he said they were not defective when he sent them obviously, so ill just try and work with treoo for now, i mean these should handle full volume without sounding bad right?post #1134 of 44547/28/10 at 7:56ampost #1135 of 44547/28/10 at 8:03am
I think that might be your problem. You might have actually damaged the drivers yourself by setting the amp volume close to max...
post #1136 of 44547/28/10 at 8:04amQuote:
yeah i just asked him we'll see.post #1137 of 44547/28/10 at 8:08amQuote:
i listen to my e2cs for hours on max and theres nothing wrong with them, also i didnt try max right off the bat, they sounded like that before i even tried louder, and the louder i went the worst it sounded , maybe i expected a little too much out of these who knowspost #1138 of 44547/28/10 at 8:21amQuote:
I've tried a number of tips with my DBA-02's:
- OEM single flange - mediums give me a good seal and the fabulous DBA sound sig, but the first pair have gotten loose on the nozzles
- Ety triflange - didn't get a good seal
- Ety triflange modded to biflange - still didn't get a good seal
- Shure "large" biflange - good seal, but tendency toward slightly harsh, aggressive treble. Less comfortable for me than single flange.
The only apparent difference from the modded Ety triflanges (other than color) is the length of the tube behind the flanges. I trimmed this by about 1/8", but it is still that much longer than the Ety's. When trimmed and fully installed on the nozzle, the largest flange just barely touches the DBA housing.
- Shure "olives" - good seal and SQ (as good as OEM for me), but the tip removal process is scary. Probably the best isolation.
- Shure grey "soft flex" single flanges - SQ similar to OEM, much more snug fit on the nozzle (but not scary-tight like the olives). What I'm using now.
Thanks to a very generous head-fi-er, I've got another pair of OEMs coming,and will do a more detailed comparison with the Shure greys, which have a much smaller aperture that OEM. I'd offer to include the olives in that comparison, but worry that I'll break something every time I remove one of those.
I've heard that Comply T100 or Tx100 fit, but I've spent enough on Comply tips for other IEMs to know about their limited life and negative affect on the highs.post #1139 of 44547/28/10 at 8:26am
I'm surprised that your E2C's are still holding up! I know that dynamic drivers are used in them and I'm wondering if dynamic drivers can handle more power than ba drivers? I know that impedance and sensitivity comes into consideration as well. Somebody?post #1140 of 44547/28/10 at 8:30am
@dfrost: you are supposed to trim the stalk on the Shure triple flanges. The ones I have trimmed look just like the Etymotic ones except for color.
@Rip N' Burn: Dynamics typically like more power but near max I'm not sure how long that would hold up. I would be more worried about my hearing than the e2c if I listened at that volume. I usually don't have my dac/amp very high and no where near max.
I await trying the sensorcon double flange tips I have and hope they sound even better than the Shure tips.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Pros:“balanced sound, very portable (small+light), comfortable even with glasses, looks great”“full sound with plenty of bass, clear forward midrange, large sound stage.”
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 15 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs AKG K-701 20 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 28 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 59 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 215 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe