well hopefully you didnt get gypped because those are def. defective if they are cutting out and distorted. Try and get a new pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 76
Gear mentioned in this thread:
they do cut out but the bass isnt distorted it was just the seal, but if the bass is supposed to better than my e2cs then its not, my e2cs sound louder and better
im in a wheelchair not deaf (yet)
David its not only the bass that sounded better the e2c overall just sounded better, hopefully I get the problem fixed then I can try them longer
I got the invoice from the original buyer and emailed treoo
Anyways its bedtime.
Thanks to all for your help and suggestions
Edited by yianni - 7/27/10 at 8:40pm
so right now as i speak im listening to my dbas through musiland mon 02 -> alo rx and it sounds very bad especially with the volume almost full on my pc and the rx, i have a good seal too, i really hope treoo helps me
Edited by yianni - 7/28/10 at 7:53am
well i contacted and told him about the problems and he said they were not defective when he sent them obviously, so ill just try and work with treoo for now, i mean these should handle full volume without sounding bad right?
I think that might be your problem. You might have actually damaged the drivers yourself by setting the amp volume close to max...
yeah i just asked him we'll see.
i listen to my e2cs for hours on max and theres nothing wrong with them, also i didnt try max right off the bat, they sounded like that before i even tried louder, and the louder i went the worst it sounded , maybe i expected a little too much out of these who knows
I've tried a number of tips with my DBA-02's:
- OEM single flange - mediums give me a good seal and the fabulous DBA sound sig, but the first pair have gotten loose on the nozzles
- Ety triflange - didn't get a good seal
- Ety triflange modded to biflange - still didn't get a good seal
- Shure "large" biflange - good seal, but tendency toward slightly harsh, aggressive treble. Less comfortable for me than single flange.
The only apparent difference from the modded Ety triflanges (other than color) is the length of the tube behind the flanges. I trimmed this by about 1/8", but it is still that much longer than the Ety's. When trimmed and fully installed on the nozzle, the largest flange just barely touches the DBA housing.
- Shure "olives" - good seal and SQ (as good as OEM for me), but the tip removal process is scary. Probably the best isolation.
- Shure grey "soft flex" single flanges - SQ similar to OEM, much more snug fit on the nozzle (but not scary-tight like the olives). What I'm using now.
Thanks to a very generous head-fi-er, I've got another pair of OEMs coming,and will do a more detailed comparison with the Shure greys, which have a much smaller aperture that OEM. I'd offer to include the olives in that comparison, but worry that I'll break something every time I remove one of those.
I've heard that Comply T100 or Tx100 fit, but I've spent enough on Comply tips for other IEMs to know about their limited life and negative affect on the highs.
I'm surprised that your E2C's are still holding up! I know that dynamic drivers are used in them and I'm wondering if dynamic drivers can handle more power than ba drivers? I know that impedance and sensitivity comes into consideration as well. Somebody?
@dfrost: you are supposed to trim the stalk on the Shure triple flanges. The ones I have trimmed look just like the Etymotic ones except for color.
@Rip N' Burn: Dynamics typically like more power but near max I'm not sure how long that would hold up. I would be more worried about my hearing than the e2c if I listened at that volume. I usually don't have my dac/amp very high and no where near max.
I await trying the sensorcon double flange tips I have and hope they sound even better than the Shure tips.
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calyx M Porable Music Player and USB Dac + Leather Case. 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 Amp Ranking Database 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Quality Sony NWZ A15 vs iPhone 6 Plus 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2