well hopefully you didnt get gypped because those are def. defective if they are cutting out and distorted. Try and get a new pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Curious observation about the DBA-02 Last post on 10/12/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 76
Gear mentioned in this thread:
they do cut out but the bass isnt distorted it was just the seal, but if the bass is supposed to better than my e2cs then its not, my e2cs sound louder and better
im in a wheelchair not deaf (yet)
David its not only the bass that sounded better the e2c overall just sounded better, hopefully I get the problem fixed then I can try them longer
I got the invoice from the original buyer and emailed treoo
Anyways its bedtime.
Thanks to all for your help and suggestions
Edited by yianni - 7/27/10 at 8:40pm
so right now as i speak im listening to my dbas through musiland mon 02 -> alo rx and it sounds very bad especially with the volume almost full on my pc and the rx, i have a good seal too, i really hope treoo helps me
Edited by yianni - 7/28/10 at 7:53am
well i contacted and told him about the problems and he said they were not defective when he sent them obviously, so ill just try and work with treoo for now, i mean these should handle full volume without sounding bad right?
I think that might be your problem. You might have actually damaged the drivers yourself by setting the amp volume close to max...
yeah i just asked him we'll see.
i listen to my e2cs for hours on max and theres nothing wrong with them, also i didnt try max right off the bat, they sounded like that before i even tried louder, and the louder i went the worst it sounded , maybe i expected a little too much out of these who knows
I've tried a number of tips with my DBA-02's:
- OEM single flange - mediums give me a good seal and the fabulous DBA sound sig, but the first pair have gotten loose on the nozzles
- Ety triflange - didn't get a good seal
- Ety triflange modded to biflange - still didn't get a good seal
- Shure "large" biflange - good seal, but tendency toward slightly harsh, aggressive treble. Less comfortable for me than single flange.
The only apparent difference from the modded Ety triflanges (other than color) is the length of the tube behind the flanges. I trimmed this by about 1/8", but it is still that much longer than the Ety's. When trimmed and fully installed on the nozzle, the largest flange just barely touches the DBA housing.
- Shure "olives" - good seal and SQ (as good as OEM for me), but the tip removal process is scary. Probably the best isolation.
- Shure grey "soft flex" single flanges - SQ similar to OEM, much more snug fit on the nozzle (but not scary-tight like the olives). What I'm using now.
Thanks to a very generous head-fi-er, I've got another pair of OEMs coming,and will do a more detailed comparison with the Shure greys, which have a much smaller aperture that OEM. I'd offer to include the olives in that comparison, but worry that I'll break something every time I remove one of those.
I've heard that Comply T100 or Tx100 fit, but I've spent enough on Comply tips for other IEMs to know about their limited life and negative affect on the highs.
I'm surprised that your E2C's are still holding up! I know that dynamic drivers are used in them and I'm wondering if dynamic drivers can handle more power than ba drivers? I know that impedance and sensitivity comes into consideration as well. Somebody?
@dfrost: you are supposed to trim the stalk on the Shure triple flanges. The ones I have trimmed look just like the Etymotic ones except for color.
@Rip N' Burn: Dynamics typically like more power but near max I'm not sure how long that would hold up. I would be more worried about my hearing than the e2c if I listened at that volume. I usually don't have my dac/amp very high and no where near max.
I await trying the sensorcon double flange tips I have and hope they sound even better than the Shure tips.
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 12 seconds ago
- › Most Underrated Guitarists 23 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 set up = Not happy... 27 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › Best imaging for movies? 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3