Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Page 8

post #106 of 4469
Can anybody confirm if these have triple drivers? I was looking at a Russian review (translated into English: Google Preložiť) and one of the posters said it has 3 drivers and 2 of them are paired. It's the third reply.
post #107 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
Hey @ search...since you haven't heard them, of course, what do you think these will give you that the Miles Davis or Copper or Orto hasn't? By the way buddy, did you order a FX700? I will have mine Monday. They're at the post office waiting to be delivered :-)
I'm hoping for alot..... if they come close to the hype, it wil be a great investment. I have decided against an further dynamic driver iems (although the FX700 would be my first choice)
Hope all is well with you buddy, growing my music collection. Going to pick up a laptop if I feel up to it on Monday, I was shocked when I heard what the udac did for my wifes laptop, (she resisted) but was very happy with it.
post #108 of 4469
Most of the experts commenting on these don't seem to be into rock/metal music. How would you consider these for that type of music since it is about half of my listening? I was sold on the Panasonics HJE900's for this reason. I understand that the FA's will likely be miles ahead in every other category, but I'm looking for a fun exciting IEM.
post #109 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk1388 View Post
Can anybody confirm if these have triple drivers? I was looking at a Russian review (translated into English: Google Preložiť) and one of the posters said it has 3 drivers and 2 of them are paired. It's the third reply.
These have been confirmed to be a true dual-driver IEM.
post #110 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
Most of the experts commenting on these don't seem to be into rock/metal music. How would you consider these for that type of music since it is about half of my listening? I was sold on the Panasonics HJE900's for this reason. I understand that the FA's will likely be miles ahead in every other category, but I'm looking for a fun exciting IEM.
It will meet your expectations. My only concern is the bright treble.
post #111 of 4469
how bright is the treble? is it borderline sibilant?
post #112 of 4469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
Most of the experts commenting on these don't seem to be into rock/metal music. How would you consider these for that type of music since it is about half of my listening? I was sold on the Panasonics HJE900's for this reason. I understand that the FA's will likely be miles ahead in every other category, but I'm looking for a fun exciting IEM.
I'm into rock music and the DBA-02's rock with that type of music. Pun intended.

I played "Money For Nothing" and it sounded amazing. Ditto with TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, etc. It will play exactly what's on those recordings and it will play them damn well.
post #113 of 4469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserXIV View Post
how bright is the treble? is it borderline sibilant?
The treble isn't bright at all. I'm very sensitive to highs and the DBA-02 has yet to make me flinch. It's not sibilant at all.

However, keep in mind that sibilance is very source dependent.
post #114 of 4469
Hey LFF, could you possibly post some close up pictures? Thanks!
post #115 of 4469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkyeye View Post
Hey LFF, could you possibly post some close up pictures? Thanks!
Sure. Check back in a few hours.
post #116 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
Hey @ search...since you haven't heard them, of course, what do you think these will give you that the Miles Davis or Copper or Orto hasn't? By the way buddy, did you order a FX700? I will have mine Monday. They're at the post office waiting to be delivered :-)
Woot! Thx for the incoming Monster MD, Copper, Ortofon, FX700, DBA-02 review!! You the man Eric. Haha!!
post #117 of 4469
I'd be interested to see how these FA DBA-02 compete with the top tier IEMs that cost twice to three times the price...
post #118 of 4469
That Russian site that someone linked to has a lot of interesting info and comparisons to triple-fis, sa6, etc, but it's pretty colloquial, so those not fluent in Russian will have a hard time using google translate on it, shame really.
post #119 of 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonhua90 View Post
I'd be interested to see how these FA DBA-02 compete with the top tier IEMs that cost twice to three times the price...
JH-13 is more than 6 times the price of DBA, UE-10 costs $900, TF10,W3 costs 200+. isn't that enough?
post #120 of 4469
Thread Starter 
Here are some pictures:











New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02