New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 62

post #916 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

I messed with one at Staples one, couldn't stop poking it xD, but it looked like it would be a great wrist pad, I also thought about buying 1 and cutting it to size smily_headphones1.gif


I wonder how you'd cut a gel based pad....the foam one I can understand.

post #917 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post


I wonder how you'd cut a gel based pad....the foam one I can understand.
Maybe using a knife or something, that's what I have been assuming.
post #918 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Maybe using a knife or something, that's what I have been assuming.


Thats not what I meant. The gel will leak out.

post #919 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

Thats not what I meant. The gel will leak out.

 

I don't think it's that kind of gel.
 
I had one of the mouse hand versions of these:
 
One of the few things that really helped my wrists back when they started to get a little funky. However, getting a better moues ended up removing the need for it.
 
post #920 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

 

I don't think it's that kind of gel.
 
I had one of the mouse hand versions of these:
 
One of the few things that really helped my wrists back when they started to get a little funky. However, getting a better moues ended up removing the need for it.
 


Not sure about the gel, but 3M seems to have transparent wrist supports, so it seems like its 'filled' in.

 

Thanks for the suggestion.

The reason I need a wrist pad is because I keep the keyboard on the table itself, rather than use a keyboard tray (under the table).

post #921 of 1647
Oh no, my space bar is squeaky, what should I do? Should I return it? I couldn't find any guides to lube Cherry stabilizers... please help!
post #922 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Oh no, my space bar is squeaky, what should I do? Should I return it? I couldn't find any guides to lube Cherry stabilizers... please help!

http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?p=3212
post #923 of 1647

I wish Daskeyboard has sold a model that was what I'd wanted. They make great products and they're a great resource for learning about mechanical keyboards. I would definitely have preferred to give them my money, even if I do love my Filco.

 

One thing I do wan to just drop in: I did not like my mechanical keyboard as much when I first got it. it was too different from the traditional keyboards I had. Now? I wish I could get away with having it at work. However, open floor plan office means no loud keyboards.

post #924 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

I wish Daskeyboard has sold a model that was what I'd wanted. They make great products and they're a great resource for learning about mechanical keyboards. I would definitely have preferred to give them my money, even if I do love my Filco.

One thing I do wan to just drop in: I did not like my mechanical keyboard as much when I first got it. it was too different from the traditional keyboards I had. Now? I wish I could get away with having it at work. However, open floor plan office means no loud keyboards.
Topre keyboards aren't supposed to be loud, and are supposed to be amazing for typing, but, they are real expensive ~300
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 11/25/12 at 1:13pm
post #925 of 1647
I have an HHKB Pro 2 which uses Topre keyswitches. They aren't loud per-say but they do provide a i bit more noise than the average rubber-dome keyboard (nowhere near a mx blue switch though). It all depends on if you think it's worth it to spend that kind of money on a keyboard - if you spend a lot of time near a computer (like me) then it all evens out in the end. biggrin.gif
post #926 of 1647

you must have found some incredibly quiet "average rubber-dome keyboards" - the Topre is far quieter than my previous dome, as well as my wife's dome keyboards

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophan View Post

I have an HHKB Pro 2 which uses Topre keyswitches. They aren't loud per-say but they do provide a i bit more noise than the average rubber-dome keyboard (nowhere near a mx blue switch though). It all depends on if you think it's worth it to spend that kind of money on a keyboard - if you spend a lot of time near a computer (like me) then it all evens out in the end. biggrin.gif
post #927 of 1647
To be honest, I was surprised at the noise level being more as well. My old keyboard must have had the domes completely worn down or something.
post #928 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Nice... how is it?

 

It's awesome, It' my first mechanical keyboard. Ever look back to rubber .

post #929 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Yeah, it was on my old Razer Lycosa... how much do you think I could sell it for?

Look it up on ebay, see what others are selling it for

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

 

I agree. I bought a brown and it was definitely a loud purchase. Now, I don't care about the extra noise and I am given to understand that the blues are louder still, but even at "quieter", the browns aren't "quiet". It's the difference between a large pistol and a small pistol versus a BB gun.
 

yea they are rather loud but it's not really a big deal... I use open headphones and I don't hear them [and I don't listen to loud music] so the noise is easily drowned out

post #930 of 1647

Has anyone here used the Matias Quiet Pro?
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home