New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 6

post #76 of 1607

I finally made a jump to an iMac and it came w/ one of those tiny keyboards. Although I am giving it a try I will most likely get a different one, it is way too small and cramped.

post #77 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post

I finally made a jump to an iMac and it came w/ one of those tiny keyboards. Although I am giving it a try I will most likely get a different one, it is way too small and cramped.


do the right thing and go mechanical :)

post #78 of 1607

one of those completely flat aluminum ones, with the flat chattery keys that only have 1mm of travel distance?  those are beyond crap - never before have I actually had such a bad typing experience that I actively disliked a keyboard

 

it was my experience on that keyboard that made me actively search out decent keyboards, until I came upon geekhack
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post

I finally made a jump to an iMac and it came w/ one of those tiny keyboards. Although I am giving it a try I will most likely get a different one, it is way too small and cramped.


 

post #79 of 1607

I'm still using an Apple Pro Keyboard on my Win 7 laptop. I figure I should change it with Windows keys, but I might go back to OS X in the future.

post #80 of 1607

My 2 year old Logitech G15 is still going well  Don't see any reason to buy a G19. 

post #81 of 1607

Razer Lycosa here =D

post #82 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post

one of those completely flat aluminum ones, with the flat chattery keys that only have 1mm of travel distance? 

 


what?  i dont think so.

 

theres more to mechanical keyboard than mechanical or not.  U gotta pick which cherrys you like best and distance and tactility and stuff

 

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

post #83 of 1607

IBM Model M here.

 

Mine is from 1997, and was made in Scotland. It has these cool green markings, I guess because it is not American.

kr710.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg


Edited by taylor - 5/31/10 at 8:31am
post #84 of 1607


I take it you didnt see the text I quoted?  I was referring to the new imac keyboard....

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erratik View Post


what?  i dont think so.

 

theres more to mechanical keyboard than mechanical or not.  U gotta pick which cherrys you like best and distance and tactility and stuff

 

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

post #85 of 1607

I haver the newer small keyboard that looks like ...

 

hero_2_20091020.jpghero_5_20091020.jpg

post #86 of 1607

I have a Das Keyboard.

 

When you guys talk about "Cherry Blues" or "Cherry Browns", what the hell are you talking about?

post #87 of 1607

Cherry is a manufacturer of key switches.  The color corresponds to the color of the "stem" in the keys.  Blues and Browns are similar in terms of their tactile response, travel distance, and pressure required to activate the keys - the blues "click", the browns do not
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 View Post

I have a Das Keyboard.

 

When you guys talk about "Cherry Blues" or "Cherry Browns", what the hell are you talking about?

post #88 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post

I haver the newer small keyboard that looks like ...

 


they don't have a tilt anymore?

post #89 of 1607


What he said.  For instance, your Das Keyboard uses MX Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 View Post

I have a Das Keyboard.

 

When you guys talk about "Cherry Blues" or "Cherry Browns", what the hell are you talking about?





Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post

Cherry is a manufacturer of key switches.  The color corresponds to the color of the "stem" in the keys.  Blues and Browns are similar in terms of their tactile response, travel distance, and pressure required to activate the keys - the blues "click", the browns do not
 


 
post #90 of 1607

+1 for the Unicomp Customizer 104 in black.

 

I love the click-click-click-click.  I love the retro-ness.  It's great to hear that click and absolutely positively know that the signal was sent.  It's great when I'm typing in long TrueCrypt passwords and don't have any other feedback as to whether I've actually hit a key or not. 

 

Keyboards are the only piece of computing equipment I can think of that have gotten worse over the years.  Any cheap POS computer you buy today will run circles around a legion of 10 year old PCs and come with a nigh-indestructible optical mouse, but an IBM Model M that has seen continuous service since before I was even born will still be superior to 99% of today's keyboards.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home