or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 120

post #1786 of 1797

It does make a difference on feel of the keyboard and key wear.  ABS wears the fastest, and PBT wears way longer.... 

 

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_construction

post #1787 of 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccros View Post
 

It does make a difference on feel of the keyboard and key wear.  ABS wears the fastest, and PBT wears way longer.... 

 

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_construction

 

I meant the material doesn't really matter as far as compatibility... the post you made that I replied to sounded like you were concerned about compatibility. I'm well aware of the differences between ABS and PBT.

post #1788 of 1797

Yes compatibility as far as working with a K70 due to its unique first row.  I want better quality caps that are not ABS but work on a K70 layout. 

post #1789 of 1797

The Roccat Ryos MK Pro (brown switches) is an excellent keyboard.. but be warned the LEDs in the keys have a habit of dying.  I have been losing about 1-2 LEDs a week, and now only have 17 keys left that glow.

Given the premium price this is a little disappointing.  The macros are invaluable when playing a lot of PC games.


Edited by brat9409 - 2/12/16 at 11:49pm
post #1790 of 1797

has anyone swapped springs in a Cherry red switch to turn it into a black switch?  

 

I want a Poker 3 but is not available in blacks so was thinking about getting it with reds and just swapping springs...

post #1791 of 1797
You mean swapping all the keys from red to blue...? that's quite an undertaking, might as well sell what you have now and get a new one.
post #1792 of 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco-bun View Post

You mean swapping all the keys from red to blue...? that's quite an undertaking, might as well sell what you have now and get a new one.

No the spring inside the switch.... They sell replacements... Just trying to see here who did it, specifically switching their red springs for black springs... and if so where did they source them from....

post #1793 of 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccros View Post

No the spring inside the switch.... They sell replacements... Just trying to see here who did it, specifically switching their red springs for black springs... and if so where did they source them from....

Didn't know you can do that... and you must be one patient person!
post #1794 of 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccros View Post
 

has anyone swapped springs in a Cherry red switch to turn it into a black switch?  

 

I want a Poker 3 but is not available in blacks so was thinking about getting it with reds and just swapping springs...

 

You are better off just swapping the MX red switches for MX black ones. You can't open up the switches on a plate mount keyboard (which the Poker 3 is) and change the internals without desoldering the whole thing.

post #1795 of 1797

I am using a Dell keyboard for my Asus Laptop. Ironic...

post #1796 of 1797

Currently using: Ducky Legend 

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-legend/

 

Also Own: Mionix Zibal 60

http://mionix.net/keyboard/zibal-60/

 

Rebuilding: DAS Model S (changing Cherry MX key switch type & custom enclosure) 

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional/

 

 

I have tons of different key caps for customizing, PBT, ABS, different colours.

Keyboard customizing becomes very fun and addicting, much like audio :beerchug: 


Edited by SirIsaac - 4/7/16 at 5:13pm
post #1797 of 1797

I want a Zibal 60.... Used to see them at Frys and havent in a while

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home