or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 114

post #1696 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I was thinking about the novatouch but it is more than what I want to spend on a keyboard. I'm hoping I can sell the k70 for something decent on amazon after I get the kul keyboard. I'll probably look into some pbt doubleshot key caps in the future.
I have a Novatouch and a k65 rgb from corsair. My pick between the two would always be the Novatouch. I love that thing. Be aware with the k70 that the bottom row is non-standard so very few replacement keysets will work with it.
post #1697 of 1702
Iirc the Novatouch is 45g, I'd definitely be on it if it was 55g. :/
post #1698 of 1702

The Novatouch is a 45g Topre switch, but I find it to be really nice. To me the cherry mx compatibility makes the 45g fine.

post #1699 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eziak View Post


I have a Novatouch and a k65 rgb from corsair. My pick between the two would always be the Novatouch. I love that thing. Be aware with the k70 that the bottom row is non-standard so very few replacement keysets will work with it.

 

The keycaps would be for the kul es87 which has standard caps. I didn't like that bottom row about the K70 and corsair in general either. 

 

I was looking into the K65 as well but I didn't like how the price increase for the K65 went up that much for RGB so I passed on that. The RGB looks pretty cool though.

post #1700 of 1702

I just bought a realforce 87u 55g Uniform.  I cant wait for it to arrive to try out a topre switch!

post #1701 of 1702

I just got a 87u 55g about a week and a half ago actually. Coming from a MX Brown keyboard as my primary for the last ~4 years, it's very different but I definitely can understand why most people who have used Topre switches like them so much. 

post #1702 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eziak View Post
 

The Novatouch is a 45g Topre switch, but I find it to be really nice. To me the cherry mx compatibility makes the 45g fine.

Exactly! I prefer 55G myself, but due to Cherry MX key cap compatibility, I looked pass this......'flaw'. That's the draw of the Novatouch, which leads to more fun to be had (but money spent!) on novelty Cherry MX key sets. Heck, there's so much fun to be had, I'd gotten two sets of Novatouch.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthpeople View Post
 

I just got a 87u 55g about a week and a half ago actually. Coming from a MX Brown keyboard as my primary for the last ~4 years, it's very different but I definitely can understand why most people who have used Topre switches like them so much. 

Yep, my very first Topre keyboard was a RealForce 103UB 55G and I love it to death! I'd since then, gotten six other Topre keyboard for a total of seven Topre boards, with the 103UB 55G beeing the only 55G Topre keyboard in my collection.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home