or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 103

post #1531 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I ended up not going for a tkl keyboard like originally planned but rather got the Ducky Zero DK2108 with the red switch. It's a plain looking keyboard with no real bells and whistles compared to the gaming keyboards out there. It's a pretty minimalistic keyboard that looks like an ordinary keyboard you get with a computer purchase but i think this will work out good for work. It comes with a calculator button which will be useful as I'm using that a lot. There's a lot of weight to it as it's a good amount heavier than my K70.

Either way for under $100 I can't complain too much. 

Nice.

Truthfully the gaming style keyboards waste a lot of resources on lighting modes that you try once as soon as you get it, and then never use them again. If I didn't often game in a dark room, I'd never even bother with a backlit keyboard - you usually make a sacrifice on keycaps when you go backlit.

Agree the calculator button is nice. I had to resort to AutoHotKey to do the same with my setup.
post #1532 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


Nice.

Truthfully the gaming style keyboards waste a lot of resources on lighting modes that you try once as soon as you get it, and then never use them again. If I didn't often game in a dark room, I'd never even bother with a backlit keyboard - you usually make a sacrifice on keycaps when you go backlit.
 

 

I have a Corsair K95 that lets you configure profiles for back lighting where you can select which keys to illuminate, and the brightness of them. My default profile = all off, pointless feature.

post #1533 of 1825

My K70 has a button that has different intensities of the backlight where one option is off. It's usually on off but sometimes I use it an can be useful when my room light is off.

post #1534 of 1825
I like the look of backlit keyboards with thick PBT caps. Nice underglow to the board.

Something kinda like this:
post #1535 of 1825

Ducky are still taunting us (or taunting/taunted me) to buy full keyboards just to get the thick PBT keycaps they come with.

 

My second Topre (out of two, I swear) in this thread:

post #1536 of 1825

I have a Steelseries APEX. Haven't really liked mechanical for some reason, and really like a lower profile rubber dome.

post #1537 of 1825

I'm a little late to the party, but I love my CM TK Stealth. I'm fairly biased though as it is my first mech keyboard.

 

post #1538 of 1825

I'm trying to find what I thought was a simple keyboard but its becoming impossible to find.   Full mx cherry black keyboard with the keys all blacked out. I don't need lights, volume gauge or anything fancy. 

 

This is perfect minus the fact they don't offer mx black.

 

 

Edit: it doesn't even have to be blacked out. Just a full sized mx black keyboard would work. 


Edited by Folex - 5/20/14 at 12:04pm
post #1539 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folex View Post

I'm trying to find what I thought was a simple keyboard but its becoming impossible to find.   Full mx cherry black keyboard with the keys all blacked out. I don't need lights, volume gauge or anything fancy. 

This is perfect minus the fact they don't offer mx black.




Edit: it doesn't even have to be blacked out. Just a full sized mx black keyboard would work. 
WASDKeyboards has options.

You might also want to check out a Rosewill model.
post #1540 of 1825

Rosewell's are micro usb out which are notorious for shorting out. WASD is out of stock on black switchs. Das keyboards don't offer black. Any other ideas ?

 

post #1541 of 1825
The only issue I've heard of with the Rosewill is that if you abuse the micro USB port, you can break the solder joints. You could also email WASD and ask them if/when they'll get black switches back in stock.
post #1542 of 1825

If you want something cheap I know that Thermaltake offers MX Black keyboards for pretty cheap. I've seen them as low as $35 before so it will be a lot cheaper than buying a Das 4 or WASD keyboard, both of which aren't worth it imo.

post #1543 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post
 

If you want something cheap I know that Thermaltake offers MX Black keyboards for pretty cheap. I've seen them as low as $35 before so it will be a lot cheaper than buying a Das 4 or WASD keyboard, both of which aren't worth it imo.

 

Link ?

post #1544 of 1825

Oh, I guess they're discontinued now. That was fast.

 

Anyways, you can try this Rosewill one instead, they have pretty good keyboards. You can buy blank keycaps for pretty cheap though, so don't worry about that. TKL sets will cost around $10 or so. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-RK-9000BL/dp/B005QW1UME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400654840&sr=8-1&keywords=mx+black

post #1545 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post
 

Oh, I guess they're discontinued now. That was fast.

 

Anyways, you can try this Rosewill one instead, they have pretty good keyboards. You can buy blank keycaps for pretty cheap though, so don't worry about that. TKL sets will cost around $10 or so. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-RK-9000BL/dp/B005QW1UME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400654840&sr=8-1&keywords=mx+black

 

If you read the reviews on that keyboard you'll see a lot of people having issue with the micro usb and it shorting. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home