New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 96

post #1426 of 1646

Its overkill but I love my G19s

post #1427 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz67 View Post

Its overkill but I love my G19s


Overkil?
This is a forum where a majority would buy headphones for more than $1000 given the chance and just within this thread people own keyboards over $200 ;P

And the g19 isn't even a mechanical keyboard =/
I fnd it such a waste.
post #1428 of 1646
Anyone know where I can get a dust cover + carrying case for the realforce?
Elite keyboards has a dust cover that fits and doesn't seem so bad, it's just hard to search since I keep getting results for piano keyboards
post #1429 of 1646

Love for my Ducky Shine, Cherry MX reds with white led's.

 

post #1430 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

Anyone know where I can get a dust cover + carrying case for the realforce?
Elite keyboards has a dust cover that fits and doesn't seem so bad, it's just hard to search since I keep getting results for piano keyboards

TKL?  I recall they *used* to carry a TKL carry case made by Leopold, but it hasn't been available on their site for a little while now.  You may have luck if you search for a carry case with similar dimensions as the board - I've seen a few people use aluminum poker chip cases where they take out the bottom tray and just add a layer of foam in.  Seems to work pretty well and may even be less expensive and definitely more durable than a nylon case.

post #1431 of 1646

Leopold 10 keyless brown switch mechanical keyboard. :)

post #1432 of 1646

I need a recommendation on switches. I'm not sure what colour to get.

 

I do a fair bit of typing/coding, but love playing games, particularly FPS and dota. I've had a bit of a bash on the cherry reds, but missed the 'clicky' feel. Is the 'clicky' feel bad for gaming?

 

I'm looking at the Corsair Vengeance K70. I'm pretty keen on having media keys.

post #1433 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclaz View Post

I need a recommendation on switches. I'm not sure what colour to get.

I do a fair bit of typing/coding, but love playing games, particularly FPS and dota. I've had a bit of a bash on the cherry reds, but missed the 'clicky' feel. Is the 'clicky' feel bad for gaming?

I'm looking at the Corsair Vengeance K70. I'm pretty keen on having media keys.

It's a personal thing.

There tends to be a maximum two sounds with cherry switches, the bottoming out sound, and if you use blues/greens the click of the switch itself near the actuation.

Since you've tried reds and are missing the click then I would recommend trying blues/greens (blues are more common). Some people say they are bad for gaming, due to the click and the actuation point not actually being the same, so in theory you can press downm, lift up a bit and press down again re-actuating without it clicking again which you may not like.

I'm currently using blues for gaming with no issues smily_headphones1.gif
post #1434 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post


It's a personal thing.

There tends to be a maximum two sounds with cherry switches, the bottoming out sound, and if you use blues/greens the click of the switch itself near the actuation.

Since you've tried reds and are missing the click then I would recommend trying blues/greens (blues are more common). Some people say they are bad for gaming, due to the click and the actuation point not actually being the same, so in theory you can press downm, lift up a bit and press down again re-actuating without it clicking again which you may not like.

I'm currently using blues for gaming with no issues smily_headphones1.gif

I'll have to try them out sometime. The blues can't be that bad for games given Razer makes gaming keyboards with them? 

post #1435 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclaz View Post
 

I'll have to try them out sometime. The blues can't be that bad for games given Razer makes gaming keyboards with them? 

Pfft Razer.

 

Most big mech kb companies make keyboards with the 3 most popular Cherry switches - blue, red, brown.

 

Blue activates slightly away from the click and it's not as easy to double tap, so if you feel that may be a problem with FPS (shouldn't affect dota at all) then you can go with brown - middle ground.

post #1436 of 1646

I have no problem with playing FPS with blue switches. I prefer it for typing as well. As for my roommates... :veryevil:

post #1437 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonWho View Post

Even though most of our time on the computer is spent typing, many of us don't truly appreciate "good keyboards" (much like "good audio" ).

So my question is: What keyboards do Head-Fi members use?

I am currently using a 1980s IBM Model M (#1391401).

Leon

I like your

post #1438 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
 

Love for my Ducky Shine, Cherry MX reds with white led's.

 

I am typing on Ducky Shine Limited Edition (Year of Dragon 2012)  - Cherry MX reds with white led's

post #1439 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotrunghieu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post

 
Love for my Ducky Shine, Cherry MX reds with white led's.


I am typing on Ducky Shine Limited Edition (Year of Dragon 2012)  -
Cherry MX reds with white led's
Picture?
I didn't think they made red switch with white led.
post #1440 of 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Picture?
I didn't think they made red switch with white led.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home