New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard-Fi - Page 86

post #1276 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Using the Black Window Ultimate, has MX Blues...waiting on Corsair to release their K70 in gunmetal with MX Browns

If only they would release a tenkeyless in the K60/K70 style...they look quite nice!

post #1277 of 1607

k65? http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-peripherals/gaming-keyboards/vengeance-k65-compact-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

post #1278 of 1607

Ah, nice!  Not sure how I missed that, but I'll have to read up on it cool.gif

post #1279 of 1607

So I was browsing around reddit and came across this pic:

http://i1.minus.com/iJaYRUhtggO7N.jpg

 

Top comment valued the collection at around $6000... that's just nuts.  And I thought me spending a few hundred on a keyboard was already extreme.

post #1280 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari0n View Post

So I was browsing around reddit and came across this pic:

http://i1.minus.com/iJaYRUhtggO7N.jpg

 

Top comment valued the collection at around $6000... that's just nuts.  And I thought me spending a few hundred on a keyboard was already extreme.

 

6k is still nuts. Someone's just trolling I think.

post #1281 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari0n View Post

So I was browsing around reddit and came across this pic:

http://i1.minus.com/iJaYRUhtggO7N.jpg

 

Top comment valued the collection at around $6000... that's just nuts.  And I thought me spending a few hundred on a keyboard was already extreme.

Haha, this is Dan G's (aka DanGWanG) collection over at GeekHack...sad that I know that, but he is a cool guy and we've traded here and there (keyboards, not custom keys).  He has his own blog: http://dangwang.wordpress.com/

 

Also, as scary as it sounds, 6k MAY be accurate...some of those were extremely limited runs (like 5 or less ever made) and people lust over rare things lol.  He is friends with ClickClack, the guy who makes them, so he has a good collection.

post #1282 of 1607

He does have some rare shades and quite a few Mr. Friday's in that picture but it would be much more impressive if he had metallics, translucents and the recent skullsicles. Tsangan's selling off his collection as you probably know, Metallic blue sounds quite interesting and I don't see Candycorn WASD too often. He has a pretty cool Korean custom collection as well, it's too bad that all of it has to go. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47112.0 if any of you want to check out his collection

post #1283 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

He does have some rare shades and quite a few Mr. Friday's in that picture but it would be much more impressive if he had metallics, translucents and the recent skullsicles. Tsangan's selling off his collection as you probably know, Metallic blue sounds quite interesting and I don't see Candycorn WASD too often. He has a pretty cool Korean custom collection as well, it's too bad that all of it has to go. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47112.0 if any of you want to check out his collection

Yeah, Tsangan's is the other big collector cool.gif Do you remember that Korean forum that did the CNC aluminum Darth Vader key that came in a jewelry case and was like $500?  Then there was the Iron Man keycap.  Those guys are serious...ly crazy.  I don't spend nearly as much time over at GH as I should, head-fi consumes me lol.  Primarily just following/working on the GH60 thread over there.

post #1284 of 1607
Using an MS Natural Elite, which is a good keyboard, however I wanna upgrade to a mech keyboard when I can, specifically a Dell AT101 with black Alps sliders, I also wanna acquire a Model-M buckling spring board as well.
post #1285 of 1607

You may want to check out http://pckeyboard.com/ - Unicomp was the OEM for most of the original IBM keyboards and they still makes buckling spring models ala Model M.  Finding a good vintage Model M is always good though, and you can get them for pretty reasonable prices too.


Edited by modulor - 9/23/13 at 12:54pm
post #1286 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

You may want to check out http://pckeyboard.com/ - Unicomp was the OEM for most of the original IBM keyboards and they still make buckling spring  models.  Finding a good vintage Model M is always good though, and you can get them for pretty reasonable prices too.

 

They were not the OEM for the original Model M, they just bought the tooling.  That is why they are of generally lower quality than the original IBM or Lexmark ones.

post #1287 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxid10t View Post
 

 

They were not the OEM for the original Model M, they just bought the tooling.  That is why they are of generally lower quality than the original IBM or Lexmark ones.

 

Gotcha, thanks for confirming that.

post #1288 of 1607
Oh, a guy gave me a Model M 122 for free! biggrin.gif He was on OCN! biggrin.gif
post #1289 of 1607

Just discovered that head-fi had a keyboard thread.. Subscribed.

post #1290 of 1607

I'm using a Filco Majestouch 2 brown switch at home and Rosewill RK-9000 blue switch at work..

 

Any Topre users here?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home