I've been using my Fuze so much that my J3 hasn't been getting much play at all, I haven't even heard my SM3 V2 out of them yet. So I've been using them for the past hour an a half or so and the SM3 sound very nice coming from the J3. I've found that BA based IEM's sound better with the J3 than most of the dynamic driver IEM's I've used, don't ask me why that's just how I hear them. I'm looking at getting the Hisoundaudio Nova because paired with the SM3 and even the R-50 I think will have very nice SQ.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCOWON J3 16 GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCOWON J3 8 GB Portable Media Player (White)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandNationitetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productNationite S:Flo2tagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just want to add that J3's mic is decent for recording mono accoustic stuff or anything that doesn't require deep hard low frequencies. I used it last night to capture a friend's accoustic session and I was somewhat pleased with the quality. Just remember to set the appropriate level of mic to avoid clipping/distorting.
I've had mine for just over a year and a half. I love it and my next player will definitely be another Cowon.
Even with Ortofon eQ-5's I didnt need an amp.
Mine has been great so far. I just wish the paint wasnt so easy to scratch off. :(
i like so much the J3 and i am so bummed that it has been discontinued , that even though i already have bought a 2nd 16gb J3 as a backup , i am thinking of buying a 3rd one as a backup to the backup
then again , my 1st J3 has been going strong with no problems whatsoever since december 2010 so maybe 2 are enough for the next 2-3 years when there will be a newer,better(?) Cowon DAP
i also have a clip+ 8gb but it has been idly sitting watching the J3 get all the love from me
damn , how did i get by all these years listening to music through my cd player and my crappy 10$ sony buds ?
The Fiio X3 is due out in June and looks awesome. It won't have the same battery life or flash storage capacity, but it is going to have some great features for a $180 dap.
The deterioration of the lithium battery is only your problem. I hope it's easily replaceable. Durability-wise, J3 don't have problems. I dropped mine many times. Sometimes with the Ringke case sometimes without. They're a tank!
I try to charge them as soon as possible - that's at least the recommended approach.
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Heir Audio 5.0 56 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric V200 7 minutes ago
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude