I've been using my Fuze so much that my J3 hasn't been getting much play at all, I haven't even heard my SM3 V2 out of them yet. So I've been using them for the past hour an a half or so and the SM3 sound very nice coming from the J3. I've found that BA based IEM's sound better with the J3 than most of the dynamic driver IEM's I've used, don't ask me why that's just how I hear them. I'm looking at getting the Hisoundaudio Nova because paired with the SM3 and even the R-50 I think will have very nice SQ.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just want to add that J3's mic is decent for recording mono accoustic stuff or anything that doesn't require deep hard low frequencies. I used it last night to capture a friend's accoustic session and I was somewhat pleased with the quality. Just remember to set the appropriate level of mic to avoid clipping/distorting.
I've had mine for just over a year and a half. I love it and my next player will definitely be another Cowon.
Even with Ortofon eQ-5's I didnt need an amp.
Mine has been great so far. I just wish the paint wasnt so easy to scratch off. :(
i like so much the J3 and i am so bummed that it has been discontinued , that even though i already have bought a 2nd 16gb J3 as a backup , i am thinking of buying a 3rd one as a backup to the backup
then again , my 1st J3 has been going strong with no problems whatsoever since december 2010 so maybe 2 are enough for the next 2-3 years when there will be a newer,better(?) Cowon DAP
i also have a clip+ 8gb but it has been idly sitting watching the J3 get all the love from me
damn , how did i get by all these years listening to music through my cd player and my crappy 10$ sony buds ?
The Fiio X3 is due out in June and looks awesome. It won't have the same battery life or flash storage capacity, but it is going to have some great features for a $180 dap.
The deterioration of the lithium battery is only your problem. I hope it's easily replaceable. Durability-wise, J3 don't have problems. I dropped mine many times. Sometimes with the Ringke case sometimes without. They're a tank!
I try to charge them as soon as possible - that's at least the recommended approach.
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 4 minutes ago
- › car-fi 6 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 12 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for low volume listening? 13 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 14 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe