I've been using my Fuze so much that my J3 hasn't been getting much play at all, I haven't even heard my SM3 V2 out of them yet. So I've been using them for the past hour an a half or so and the SM3 sound very nice coming from the J3. I've found that BA based IEM's sound better with the J3 than most of the dynamic driver IEM's I've used, don't ask me why that's just how I hear them. I'm looking at getting the Hisoundaudio Nova because paired with the SM3 and even the R-50 I think will have very nice SQ.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCOWON J3 16 GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCOWON J3 8 GB Portable Media Player (White)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandNationitetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productNationite S:Flo2tagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just want to add that J3's mic is decent for recording mono accoustic stuff or anything that doesn't require deep hard low frequencies. I used it last night to capture a friend's accoustic session and I was somewhat pleased with the quality. Just remember to set the appropriate level of mic to avoid clipping/distorting.
I've had mine for just over a year and a half. I love it and my next player will definitely be another Cowon.
Even with Ortofon eQ-5's I didnt need an amp.
Mine has been great so far. I just wish the paint wasnt so easy to scratch off. :(
i like so much the J3 and i am so bummed that it has been discontinued , that even though i already have bought a 2nd 16gb J3 as a backup , i am thinking of buying a 3rd one as a backup to the backup
then again , my 1st J3 has been going strong with no problems whatsoever since december 2010 so maybe 2 are enough for the next 2-3 years when there will be a newer,better(?) Cowon DAP
i also have a clip+ 8gb but it has been idly sitting watching the J3 get all the love from me
damn , how did i get by all these years listening to music through my cd player and my crappy 10$ sony buds ?
The Fiio X3 is due out in June and looks awesome. It won't have the same battery life or flash storage capacity, but it is going to have some great features for a $180 dap.
The deterioration of the lithium battery is only your problem. I hope it's easily replaceable. Durability-wise, J3 don't have problems. I dropped mine many times. Sometimes with the Ringke case sometimes without. They're a tank!
I try to charge them as soon as possible - that's at least the recommended approach.
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 6 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob