I've been using my Fuze so much that my J3 hasn't been getting much play at all, I haven't even heard my SM3 V2 out of them yet. So I've been using them for the past hour an a half or so and the SM3 sound very nice coming from the J3. I've found that BA based IEM's sound better with the J3 than most of the dynamic driver IEM's I've used, don't ask me why that's just how I hear them. I'm looking at getting the Hisoundaudio Nova because paired with the SM3 and even the R-50 I think will have very nice SQ.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCOWON J3 16 GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCOWON J3 8 GB Portable Media Player (White)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandNationitetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productNationite S:Flo2tagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just want to add that J3's mic is decent for recording mono accoustic stuff or anything that doesn't require deep hard low frequencies. I used it last night to capture a friend's accoustic session and I was somewhat pleased with the quality. Just remember to set the appropriate level of mic to avoid clipping/distorting.
I've had mine for just over a year and a half. I love it and my next player will definitely be another Cowon.
Even with Ortofon eQ-5's I didnt need an amp.
Mine has been great so far. I just wish the paint wasnt so easy to scratch off. :(
i like so much the J3 and i am so bummed that it has been discontinued , that even though i already have bought a 2nd 16gb J3 as a backup , i am thinking of buying a 3rd one as a backup to the backup
then again , my 1st J3 has been going strong with no problems whatsoever since december 2010 so maybe 2 are enough for the next 2-3 years when there will be a newer,better(?) Cowon DAP
i also have a clip+ 8gb but it has been idly sitting watching the J3 get all the love from me
damn , how did i get by all these years listening to music through my cd player and my crappy 10$ sony buds ?
The Fiio X3 is due out in June and looks awesome. It won't have the same battery life or flash storage capacity, but it is going to have some great features for a $180 dap.
The deterioration of the lithium battery is only your problem. I hope it's easily replaceable. Durability-wise, J3 don't have problems. I dropped mine many times. Sometimes with the Ringke case sometimes without. They're a tank!
I try to charge them as soon as possible - that's at least the recommended approach.
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado sound + Bass 1 minute ago
- › Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › How to get uncompressed music onto an IPhone, IPod, or PC? 1 minute ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT1350 [Priced to sell!] 2 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Over-ear Headphones for EDM/House/Pop/Rock/Instrumental (OST) music... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe