Awesome, maybe Head-Fi will bring bandoliers back into fashion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree that the age of <8GB players has come and gone. Memory is relatively cheap these days.
However, I like those "silly big screens." It's just my thing I guess.
Well mine arrived today, very nice player - quite like the UI. Can't really comment on sound at this stage as I haven't listened to it enough.
MicroSDCH is quite handy, 32GB cards should become quite commonplace soon enough.
I'm debating whether or not to go with a 32 GB player like the S9 / ZuneHD / X 1061, or go with the 16GB J3 when the price drops.
Because with micro SD I have virtually unlimited storage and therefore endless possibilities. I have way more music in FLAC then the highest capacity *non-expandable* players. (flash based players that is) That means I'd have to swap out music from the player whenever I wanted to listen to different parts of my collection. With micro SD, I can create many different SD cards organized however I want (genre, mood, etc) just one time and simply swap the SD card as necessary. For these portables, SQ is my #1 concern, but the fact that the J3 has a big screen and will take SD unlike the S9 means that I could have about 3 or 4 full length movies per 16 gb card if I so choose. And micro SD is so small that I could fit them in the case, or perhaps in the case that the SE530's come in. (that I plan to buy at weeks end!)
But then you have the problem of breaking and/or losing your SD cards. The other issue is the write speed of MicroSD which is not nearly as fast as on-board memory.
I think that a 32-64GB on-board PMP with MicroSD slot is the dogs dangles. Why not make the on-board memory your favorite albums or a mix of great music and use the SD slot for other media?
You make a good argument SoulSyde. When I get my new player, also this week, I will get the max on-board memory. I agree on the speed, but I would think it is still faster than HDD players. I'm not so worried about breaking or losing sd cards - I'm kind of OCD with "stuff". My main point is that I doubt that I personally would buy a player that did not offer the option of SD expansion. That's why I was leaning so heavily toward the D2+ over the S9, but since the J3 will offer the SD slot, not to mention a design that is *not* curved in the back, I think I'm going to buy that instead.
Cowon seems to release the good stuff in Korea first and let the rest of the world wait. I had to wait for quite a while for the 32GB S9 to be released in Europe. If the same applies to the J3, the 32GB version might not be released until after the summer. But the prospect of a 64GB Cowon might be worth the wait...
I wouldn't hold your breath for a 64GB version any time soon. The only reason I'm waiting for the 32GB version is because it is listed on Cowon's Korean web site, however the 32GB is conveniently omitted from the US Cowon site.
Only time will tell.
Sorry, I didn't mean a J3 with 64GB of internal memory. I meant 32GB internal memory + 32GB MicroSD card.
Myself I will not get the J3. I have got the S9 and now my quota of modern DAP:s are full. I prefer to look for older, more obscure DAP:s.
What I meant was that even though the 32GB S9 was released in Korea in early 2009, it took a few months before it was available in Europe. I suspect that a similar scenario might be the case with the J3. Cowon releases the good stuff in Korea first.
Hope it doesn't take as long for it to be released in the rest of the world as was the case with the S9...
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 18 seconds ago
- › Multi-armature CIEM...wow...so this is what I've been missing, huh? 27 seconds ago
- › Planar magnetic headphone burn in 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › E3 is almost here! 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe