Awesome, maybe Head-Fi will bring bandoliers back into fashion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 vs. J3 Last post on 9/27/11 at 7:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon J3 Audio L/R function Last post on 3/7/11 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- stuck between sony x series, j3 and s:flo2 Last post on 3/8/11 at 4:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree that the age of <8GB players has come and gone. Memory is relatively cheap these days.
However, I like those "silly big screens." It's just my thing I guess.
Well mine arrived today, very nice player - quite like the UI. Can't really comment on sound at this stage as I haven't listened to it enough.
MicroSDCH is quite handy, 32GB cards should become quite commonplace soon enough.
I'm debating whether or not to go with a 32 GB player like the S9 / ZuneHD / X 1061, or go with the 16GB J3 when the price drops.
Because with micro SD I have virtually unlimited storage and therefore endless possibilities. I have way more music in FLAC then the highest capacity *non-expandable* players. (flash based players that is) That means I'd have to swap out music from the player whenever I wanted to listen to different parts of my collection. With micro SD, I can create many different SD cards organized however I want (genre, mood, etc) just one time and simply swap the SD card as necessary. For these portables, SQ is my #1 concern, but the fact that the J3 has a big screen and will take SD unlike the S9 means that I could have about 3 or 4 full length movies per 16 gb card if I so choose. And micro SD is so small that I could fit them in the case, or perhaps in the case that the SE530's come in. (that I plan to buy at weeks end!)
But then you have the problem of breaking and/or losing your SD cards. The other issue is the write speed of MicroSD which is not nearly as fast as on-board memory.
I think that a 32-64GB on-board PMP with MicroSD slot is the dogs dangles. Why not make the on-board memory your favorite albums or a mix of great music and use the SD slot for other media?
You make a good argument SoulSyde. When I get my new player, also this week, I will get the max on-board memory. I agree on the speed, but I would think it is still faster than HDD players. I'm not so worried about breaking or losing sd cards - I'm kind of OCD with "stuff". My main point is that I doubt that I personally would buy a player that did not offer the option of SD expansion. That's why I was leaning so heavily toward the D2+ over the S9, but since the J3 will offer the SD slot, not to mention a design that is *not* curved in the back, I think I'm going to buy that instead.
Cowon seems to release the good stuff in Korea first and let the rest of the world wait. I had to wait for quite a while for the 32GB S9 to be released in Europe. If the same applies to the J3, the 32GB version might not be released until after the summer. But the prospect of a 64GB Cowon might be worth the wait...
I wouldn't hold your breath for a 64GB version any time soon. The only reason I'm waiting for the 32GB version is because it is listed on Cowon's Korean web site, however the 32GB is conveniently omitted from the US Cowon site.
Only time will tell.
Sorry, I didn't mean a J3 with 64GB of internal memory. I meant 32GB internal memory + 32GB MicroSD card.
Myself I will not get the J3. I have got the S9 and now my quota of modern DAP:s are full. I prefer to look for older, more obscure DAP:s.
What I meant was that even though the 32GB S9 was released in Korea in early 2009, it took a few months before it was available in Europe. I suspect that a similar scenario might be the case with the J3. Cowon releases the good stuff in Korea first.
Hope it doesn't take as long for it to be released in the rest of the world as was the case with the S9...
- Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 16 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend For me a headphone amp please 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V200 Headphone Amplifier (Australia) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe