Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cowon J3 Impressions Thread - Page 13

post #181 of 3117

So...mediaogre.. any chance of a review (or a mini-review) for me to salivate over, while I "patiently" await for the Canadian 32GB release?

post #182 of 3117

J3 needs at least 1000mA adaptator to play and charge both.

post #183 of 3117

Hey, Xephyr. What would you like me to test? Gapless with MP3s? I can do it Friday.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephyr View Post

Can't you test it out Mediaogre??  I thought you just got yours like yesterday o.O

post #184 of 3117

Ahh, floeezy. I'll try, but I'm going out of town for a few days. I'll try to post something that touches most bases tomorrow. I've pretty much gotten over the hump of the Cowon UI learning curve. Yay!! (The customizable widget home screen is sic!)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by floeezy View Post

So...mediaogre.. any chance of a review (or a mini-review) for me to salivate over, while I "patiently" await for the Canadian 32GB release?

post #185 of 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by patalp View Post


 

i believe we should just make another thread for this. And for the upcoming D3 as well.

post #186 of 3117


OK, so likely that would be a dedicated charger and not a USB port. So the J3 detects when it has the juice to charge and play, or is more a matter of the J3 not detecting the active data pins when attached to a dedicated charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post

J3 needs at least 1000mA adaptator to play and charge both.

post #187 of 3117

Just not enough power by a computer's USB port (500mA)

post #188 of 3117


No, I get it. I just wonder what the charge-n-play trigger is: all the power from the dedicated charger... or lack of data connection. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post

Just not enough power by a computer's USB port (500mA)

post #189 of 3117

Plugin on computer or on sector you have almost the same screen (battery charging like data connection).

On computer : On/Play>Nothing

On sector : On/Play>J3 starts (if the USB adaptator have 1000mA)

post #190 of 3117

Hey J3 fans! MP3 gapless = YES!! I just slummed it (kidding) and MP3 re-encoded Opeth's, Your Arms, My Hearse using CDex 1.70 beta 4 and LAME 3.98r CBR 320kbps (Insane). The first few tracks blend into each other. The J3 said, "No problem!"

post #191 of 3117

...and in case some of you poor fools, like me, have an extensive library of WMA lossless files, the J3 chews on those just fine too - and gaplessly. *phew!* 

post #192 of 3117

Wow, what a beast! How'd you end up with lots of WMA lossless? I love how easy EAC is after that initial setup. You should try it in the future, for ripping everything in FLAC.

post #193 of 3117

It is proving to be very beastly. I have a Zune 80 v2 so when the update was release that supposedly supported gapless and lossless, I went sorta nuts. I kept a lot of it around just in case. I've used EAC, but I haven't played with it enough. Thanks for the reminder. Foobar is cool and I've been using it a lot, but certain things just aren't intuitive. Hey, it's good free stuff though, right?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoodz View Post

Wow, what a beast! How'd you end up with lots of WMA lossless? I love how easy EAC is after that initial setup. You should try it in the future, for ripping everything in FLAC.

post #194 of 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaogre View Post

Hey J3 fans! MP3 gapless = YES!! I just slummed it (kidding) and MP3 re-encoded Opeth's, Your Arms, My Hearse using CDex 1.70 beta 4 and LAME 3.98r CBR 320kbps (Insane). The first few tracks blend into each other. The J3 said, "No problem!"


I do believe I am sold on the J3!  Thanks for reporting back.

post #195 of 3117

I love all the features of this player, but there aren't many comments on it's sound. Wish there were more comparisons/reviews on it's sq.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread