I drew this way back when I started... you guys have much better drawings... but this is how I wired my 4 pole. Then with this... I plugged one end of the 4 pole into the female 4pole and found out how to wire the female end into the headphones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cases for Full Headphones Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All the entry level Grado's the same, except the 325's Last post on 5/9/11 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Re-Cable: Bass Response? Last post on 3/27/11 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 paint and mic mod Last post on 4/1/12 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
"Dark Knight" AD700 Gaming Mod (Lots of Pics!) - Page 10post #136 of 1817/30/12 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1817/30/12 at 7:23pmpost #138 of 1817/30/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #139 of 1817/30/12 at 7:45pmpost #140 of 1817/30/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #141 of 1817/30/12 at 7:55pmI know bro! It's always crazy to hear from someone who knew me when I was an absolutely noob to all this headphone nonsense. You were right there!
HPX all the way!post #142 of 1817/30/12 at 8:02pmThread StarterQuote:
'DAS right... that's why it's my Avatar again... hehe.post #143 of 1817/30/12 at 8:15pmpost #144 of 18112/30/12 at 4:03pmpost #145 of 18112/31/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Most definitely!post #146 of 1814/15/13 at 10:52am
I REALLY want to start this project, however I have some major questions that I need help with =/
I need to figure out what cable I need to buy to replace it with. Is this the one I want?
From what I have read, if you buy the right audio cable, you can merge a mic and sound through the same cable, then buy either a Y-Adapter splitter for the end or use it directly into a MIX AMP like how their headphones work. After finding out what cable I need, I then to find out what adapters I need that I will mount/sodder to. I see the pictures above, but can't find anywhere to buy them. http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/sid3w8z/Audio/Dark%20Knight%20Project/3b255f9b.jpg
Finally, I need to find out what boom mic to buy.
Thanks!post #147 of 1814/15/13 at 11:07ampost #148 of 1814/15/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by cmarti
That's the right cable, also it is the same one I used for mines.
As for microphone, I am using the one that came with one of these headsets, got it at Walgreens for $15 used the mic and throw the headset in the garbage.
Do you know the name of that headset? How's the mic quality?
Now, about getting the other parts to hook the cable into and mount in place of the hole I will drill?
Nevermind on the mic question, I found one here.
Are these what I need?
Edited by Zacharybinx34 - 4/15/13 at 11:27ampost #149 of 1814/15/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zacharybinx34
Are these what I need?
Haha! That one is perfect if you plan to use a removable four pole connector.post #150 of 1814/15/13 at 2:46pm
So is using a 4-pole connector the way to go?
I'd like to build these headphones so they can plug directly into the Astro Mix Amp, or use a Y-Splitter for regular Headphone/Mic separation on other devices.
I put together a quick diagram of how I am understanding this process so far with some questions I have. Any detailed help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks so much!
- "Dark Knight" AD700 Gaming Mod (Lots of Pics!)
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 4 minutes ago
- › FS: JKenny Ciunas DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Please help me building home theater system with 1000$ budget 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob