I drew this way back when I started... you guys have much better drawings... but this is how I wired my 4 pole. Then with this... I plugged one end of the 4 pole into the female 4pole and found out how to wire the female end into the headphones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cases for Full Headphones Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All the entry level Grado's the same, except the 325's Last post on 5/9/11 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Re-Cable: Bass Response? Last post on 3/27/11 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 paint and mic mod Last post on 4/1/12 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"Dark Knight" AD700 Gaming Mod (Lots of Pics!) - Page 10post #136 of 1817/30/12 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1817/30/12 at 7:23pmpost #138 of 1817/30/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #139 of 1817/30/12 at 7:45pmpost #140 of 1817/30/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #141 of 1817/30/12 at 7:55pmI know bro! It's always crazy to hear from someone who knew me when I was an absolutely noob to all this headphone nonsense. You were right there!
HPX all the way!post #142 of 1817/30/12 at 8:02pmThread StarterQuote:
'DAS right... that's why it's my Avatar again... hehe.post #143 of 1817/30/12 at 8:15pmpost #144 of 18112/30/12 at 4:03pmpost #145 of 18112/31/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Most definitely!post #146 of 1814/15/13 at 10:52am
I REALLY want to start this project, however I have some major questions that I need help with =/
I need to figure out what cable I need to buy to replace it with. Is this the one I want?
From what I have read, if you buy the right audio cable, you can merge a mic and sound through the same cable, then buy either a Y-Adapter splitter for the end or use it directly into a MIX AMP like how their headphones work. After finding out what cable I need, I then to find out what adapters I need that I will mount/sodder to. I see the pictures above, but can't find anywhere to buy them. http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/sid3w8z/Audio/Dark%20Knight%20Project/3b255f9b.jpg
Finally, I need to find out what boom mic to buy.
Thanks!post #147 of 1814/15/13 at 11:07ampost #148 of 1814/15/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by cmarti
That's the right cable, also it is the same one I used for mines.
As for microphone, I am using the one that came with one of these headsets, got it at Walgreens for $15 used the mic and throw the headset in the garbage.
Do you know the name of that headset? How's the mic quality?
Now, about getting the other parts to hook the cable into and mount in place of the hole I will drill?
Nevermind on the mic question, I found one here.
Are these what I need?
Edited by Zacharybinx34 - 4/15/13 at 11:27ampost #149 of 1814/15/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zacharybinx34
Are these what I need?
Haha! That one is perfect if you plan to use a removable four pole connector.post #150 of 1814/15/13 at 2:46pm
So is using a 4-pole connector the way to go?
I'd like to build these headphones so they can plug directly into the Astro Mix Amp, or use a Y-Splitter for regular Headphone/Mic separation on other devices.
I put together a quick diagram of how I am understanding this process so far with some questions I have. Any detailed help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks so much!
- "Dark Knight" AD700 Gaming Mod (Lots of Pics!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM64 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)