Yep, that's the only lacking part of audinst, but for an entry level, it's great.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones Last post on 3/23/11 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
- Headphone Impedance
Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2) - Page 27
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My plan is to get the Schiit Asgard and use the Audinst as the DAC for a while until I can save up for the Bifrost.
Once that happens, then the Audinst can become a permanent part of my work setup.
Well the Audinst sounds really good to me, really great to the Beyer DT250, but since I'm going to give it to my girlfriend (along with another DT250), I'm going to have to buy a new one, either that or I'm contemplating about something else like the Audioengine D1 etc...
Quick question. For those of you that are pairing your Audinst with an external headphone amp, what are you doing with the volume setting on your Audinst? 100% 50%
Any input would be appreciated...
Back when I had it the volume was always all the way up
have a problem setting up a MX-1 on a W7 SP1 computer. Unfortunately I opened a dedicated thread for my question. It would be great if you could have a look:
I have a question
The quality of the power supply is not critical in this digital products ?
Has Anyone tried some low noise linear power supply ?
I mean, i was reading of some mods depicted here
If the better caps are beneficial this means that the unit is quite sensible to the power supply quality (i.e. noise)
I am assuming that the 3 brown caps are PS caps of course.
Anyway i should received my Audinst soon.
Edited by ginetto61 - 3/26/13 at 11:49am
I made quite a lengthy post about whether or not to get an external DAC for my speakers or stick with an Asus Xonar Essence ST here. The mx1 was one of the choices that popped up for me, however I'm using LME49720HA right now on my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G sound card which sounds great, I won't be using the mx1 for headphones at all, so I'll only be using the RCA line out which I believe uses the OPA2134 opamp for line out which is definitely inferior to the LME49720HA. My question is, will the mx1 be a downgrade from my current sound card with CMI8788 DAC and LME49720HA opamp? And it is to my understanding that the only rollable opamp is the digital out which I have no use for, unless there's some kind of way I could convert that digital out to work with my speakers Fostex PM0.4n studio monitors?
Unless I hook my Fostex or other speakers up via 1/8" to the headphone out? Which will let me use the LME49860 opamp instead of the line out OPA2134 that aren't rollable from RCA to 1/8" adapter to my speakers?
Edited by akinari-kun - 4/16/13 at 3:31am
- Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 13 seconds ago
- › Do passive speakers + integrated amp have less hiss than active... 15 seconds ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 20 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 30 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr? 2 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe