Yep, that's the only lacking part of audinst, but for an entry level, it's great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2)tagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- brandAudinsttagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones Last post on 3/23/11 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Headphone Impedance
Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2) - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My plan is to get the Schiit Asgard and use the Audinst as the DAC for a while until I can save up for the Bifrost.
Once that happens, then the Audinst can become a permanent part of my work setup.
Well the Audinst sounds really good to me, really great to the Beyer DT250, but since I'm going to give it to my girlfriend (along with another DT250), I'm going to have to buy a new one, either that or I'm contemplating about something else like the Audioengine D1 etc...
Quick question. For those of you that are pairing your Audinst with an external headphone amp, what are you doing with the volume setting on your Audinst? 100% 50%
Any input would be appreciated...
Back when I had it the volume was always all the way up
have a problem setting up a MX-1 on a W7 SP1 computer. Unfortunately I opened a dedicated thread for my question. It would be great if you could have a look:
I have a question
The quality of the power supply is not critical in this digital products ?
Has Anyone tried some low noise linear power supply ?
I mean, i was reading of some mods depicted here
If the better caps are beneficial this means that the unit is quite sensible to the power supply quality (i.e. noise)
I am assuming that the 3 brown caps are PS caps of course.
Anyway i should received my Audinst soon.
Edited by ginetto61 - 3/26/13 at 11:49am
I made quite a lengthy post about whether or not to get an external DAC for my speakers or stick with an Asus Xonar Essence ST here. The mx1 was one of the choices that popped up for me, however I'm using LME49720HA right now on my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G sound card which sounds great, I won't be using the mx1 for headphones at all, so I'll only be using the RCA line out which I believe uses the OPA2134 opamp for line out which is definitely inferior to the LME49720HA. My question is, will the mx1 be a downgrade from my current sound card with CMI8788 DAC and LME49720HA opamp? And it is to my understanding that the only rollable opamp is the digital out which I have no use for, unless there's some kind of way I could convert that digital out to work with my speakers Fostex PM0.4n studio monitors?
Unless I hook my Fostex or other speakers up via 1/8" to the headphone out? Which will let me use the LME49860 opamp instead of the line out OPA2134 that aren't rollable from RCA to 1/8" adapter to my speakers?
Edited by akinari-kun - 4/16/13 at 3:31am
I have been using a HUD-MX1 with my Sennheiser HD600.
Powered by the USB:
The sound is congested and lacks dynamics.
Powered by the supplied switch mode power supply:
Slight improvement in clarity but still not up to my standard.
Powered by a very old laboratory regulated power supply by Farnell (variable output to 15V, 1 Aamp)
The MX1 starts to sing! Bass is much firmer and deeper. Highs are much clearer and defined. Separation of instruments can be heard much easier. I am very happy with this combo.
I would recommend a linear regulated power supply which does improve the MX1 by a great deal.
- Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 29 seconds ago
- › Looking for decent Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Upgrade for Rockitsounds R30 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)