Yep, that's the only lacking part of audinst, but for an entry level, it's great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2)tagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- brandAudinsttagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones Last post on 3/23/11 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Headphone Impedance
Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2) - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My plan is to get the Schiit Asgard and use the Audinst as the DAC for a while until I can save up for the Bifrost.
Once that happens, then the Audinst can become a permanent part of my work setup.
Well the Audinst sounds really good to me, really great to the Beyer DT250, but since I'm going to give it to my girlfriend (along with another DT250), I'm going to have to buy a new one, either that or I'm contemplating about something else like the Audioengine D1 etc...
Quick question. For those of you that are pairing your Audinst with an external headphone amp, what are you doing with the volume setting on your Audinst? 100% 50%
Any input would be appreciated...
Back when I had it the volume was always all the way up
have a problem setting up a MX-1 on a W7 SP1 computer. Unfortunately I opened a dedicated thread for my question. It would be great if you could have a look:
I have a question
The quality of the power supply is not critical in this digital products ?
Has Anyone tried some low noise linear power supply ?
I mean, i was reading of some mods depicted here
If the better caps are beneficial this means that the unit is quite sensible to the power supply quality (i.e. noise)
I am assuming that the 3 brown caps are PS caps of course.
Anyway i should received my Audinst soon.
Edited by ginetto61 - 3/26/13 at 11:49am
I made quite a lengthy post about whether or not to get an external DAC for my speakers or stick with an Asus Xonar Essence ST here. The mx1 was one of the choices that popped up for me, however I'm using LME49720HA right now on my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G sound card which sounds great, I won't be using the mx1 for headphones at all, so I'll only be using the RCA line out which I believe uses the OPA2134 opamp for line out which is definitely inferior to the LME49720HA. My question is, will the mx1 be a downgrade from my current sound card with CMI8788 DAC and LME49720HA opamp? And it is to my understanding that the only rollable opamp is the digital out which I have no use for, unless there's some kind of way I could convert that digital out to work with my speakers Fostex PM0.4n studio monitors?
Unless I hook my Fostex or other speakers up via 1/8" to the headphone out? Which will let me use the LME49860 opamp instead of the line out OPA2134 that aren't rollable from RCA to 1/8" adapter to my speakers?
Edited by akinari-kun - 4/16/13 at 3:31am
I have been using a HUD-MX1 with my Sennheiser HD600.
Powered by the USB:
The sound is congested and lacks dynamics.
Powered by the supplied switch mode power supply:
Slight improvement in clarity but still not up to my standard.
Powered by a very old laboratory regulated power supply by Farnell (variable output to 15V, 1 Aamp)
The MX1 starts to sing! Bass is much firmer and deeper. Highs are much clearer and defined. Separation of instruments can be heard much easier. I am very happy with this combo.
I would recommend a linear regulated power supply which does improve the MX1 by a great deal.
- Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 27 seconds ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How does amp circuitry work? 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › geek out 720 black 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3