I recommend the OPA1611. But if you want to try out the OPA627 I have a dual to single DIP adapter if you want.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2)tagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- brandAudinsttagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones Last post on 3/23/11 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
- Headphone Impedance
Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2) - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Received my Audinst today. Started listening with it about an hour ago but initial impressions are good. I've never had a dedicated headphone amp before and I used a Creative X-Fi soundcard before this. Compared to the soundcard, there is increased soundstage (not as much as I expected but still a good deal), more kick in the bass, and increased clarity. Good stuff.
So I was able to buy these off another head-fi member and should get it sooner than I planned which is also a good thing :) I sold my uDAC so I'm stuck with crappy netbook source or clip+ so a couple days of this and then back to better source. I'm hoping these are definitely better than the uDAC and can be my new transportable dac.
I don't believe that you will be disappointed with upgrading your uDac to the HUD- MX-1. I had both of them at the same time, now I only have the HUD-MX1.
It's not a clear night/day difference, but to me at least enough difference to prefer one over the other. I also find the the relativity in pricing very reasonable from what my ears was able to tell me.
Based on the reviews I'd sure hope so :) The price isn't that much more than the uDAC and these have the ability to change opamp which is why these intrigued me and I've always wanted to try out certain opamps.
I sold the uDAC and the loss I took from the sale of them was definitely worth the time I had with them. I'll be getting these on Tuesday so will see how it goes.
Yes, the versatility of the MX1 is certainly a big +, with amo. the possibility to change opamps. I haven't had time play around with this option, but I eventually will.
I have as well read some of the reviews comparing the two items etc., and I pretty much agree on the conclusion of these reviews.
The minor loss I took on selling the uDac was certainly IMO worth the sonic pleasure that I now experience from the MX1. Being able to the comparing the two DAC's at the same time.
I personally had no doubt about that the MX1 was a keeper and certainly worth it's price for a portable DAC unit that I can use with a netbook on the go.. or as a stationary.
I guess on Tuesday you will draw your own conclusion :-)
1. It does improve with burn in, so much so that it has made a few of my original findings a bit obsolete.
^ good to know that it wasn't just my placebo.
on the first week it was very, very, very hard to tell the difference between this and my old m-audio card. now, after a month it's still not easy, but the overall picture is somehow much more pleasant with the Audinst. when I switch back to the m-audio I find the mid ranges fatiguing after a while. they are less open, the soundstage is also poorer. now I use the m-audio only for recording.
I don't know if it was the opamp's burn-in, or some other components', but I wouldn't rush with the amp rolling. give it at least a hundred hours before.
I will indeed find out on Tuesday and should be getting a bunch of other stuff in the mail sometime soon as well so should be a pretty exciting July for me :) Although it kinda sucks that they don't deliver on Monday cuz of the holiday but nothing I can do about that.
A quick question however..what makes a larger improvement just out of curiosity? changing the opamp or using a better psu
Edited by rawrster - 7/3/10 at 11:44am
i think im gunna buy on of these, theres a used one available in the UK.
Similar question to above, can anyone recommend a decent PSU (preferably available within the UK).
You should really think about that after you try the dac.
Maybe I'll know tomorrow how it sounds. It got to a local post office on Sunday but USPS was off Monday and for some strange reason they didnt deliver today. Hopefully tomorrow it comes
I got it yesterday in the mail and it doesn't sound too bad at all. I can't really remember the uDAC but it does seem like it is less colored. I do like the 2 outputs however as I can burn phones in while listening if I ever need to. It's a bit bigger than I expected but that may be due to having the uDAC so long and got spoiled by the size and how portable it was. I'm guessing this should last me a while as there really aren't that many transportable dac/amp that I know of not including those already in portable amps such as the D10, D4, etc since most of my listening is done when I'm not at home.
- Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 48 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Tools and FW 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse