I recommend the OPA1611. But if you want to try out the OPA627 I have a dual to single DIP adapter if you want.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2)tagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- brandAudinsttagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones Last post on 3/23/11 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP:AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC--->YAMAHA HP-3 Last post on 8/21/10 at 3:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AUDINST HUD-MX1 or Tian Yun Zero DAC Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2) - Page 10post #136 of 4117/1/10 at 1:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 4117/1/10 at 7:33ampost #138 of 4117/1/10 at 1:26pm
Received my Audinst today. Started listening with it about an hour ago but initial impressions are good. I've never had a dedicated headphone amp before and I used a Creative X-Fi soundcard before this. Compared to the soundcard, there is increased soundstage (not as much as I expected but still a good deal), more kick in the bass, and increased clarity. Good stuff.post #139 of 4117/1/10 at 9:41pm
So I was able to buy these off another head-fi member and should get it sooner than I planned which is also a good thing :) I sold my uDAC so I'm stuck with crappy netbook source or clip+ so a couple days of this and then back to better source. I'm hoping these are definitely better than the uDAC and can be my new transportable dac.post #140 of 4117/2/10 at 4:39pm
I don't believe that you will be disappointed with upgrading your uDac to the HUD- MX-1. I had both of them at the same time, now I only have the HUD-MX1.
It's not a clear night/day difference, but to me at least enough difference to prefer one over the other. I also find the the relativity in pricing very reasonable from what my ears was able to tell me.post #141 of 4117/2/10 at 9:00pm
Based on the reviews I'd sure hope so :) The price isn't that much more than the uDAC and these have the ability to change opamp which is why these intrigued me and I've always wanted to try out certain opamps.
I sold the uDAC and the loss I took from the sale of them was definitely worth the time I had with them. I'll be getting these on Tuesday so will see how it goes.post #142 of 4117/2/10 at 9:41pm
Yes, the versatility of the MX1 is certainly a big +, with amo. the possibility to change opamps. I haven't had time play around with this option, but I eventually will.
I have as well read some of the reviews comparing the two items etc., and I pretty much agree on the conclusion of these reviews.
The minor loss I took on selling the uDac was certainly IMO worth the sonic pleasure that I now experience from the MX1. Being able to the comparing the two DAC's at the same time.
I personally had no doubt about that the MX1 was a keeper and certainly worth it's price for a portable DAC unit that I can use with a netbook on the go.. or as a stationary.
I guess on Tuesday you will draw your own conclusion :-)post #143 of 4117/3/10 at 12:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by audiofil
1. It does improve with burn in, so much so that it has made a few of my original findings a bit obsolete.
^ good to know that it wasn't just my placebo.
on the first week it was very, very, very hard to tell the difference between this and my old m-audio card. now, after a month it's still not easy, but the overall picture is somehow much more pleasant with the Audinst. when I switch back to the m-audio I find the mid ranges fatiguing after a while. they are less open, the soundstage is also poorer. now I use the m-audio only for recording.
I don't know if it was the opamp's burn-in, or some other components', but I wouldn't rush with the amp rolling. give it at least a hundred hours before.
post #144 of 4117/3/10 at 11:37am
I will indeed find out on Tuesday and should be getting a bunch of other stuff in the mail sometime soon as well so should be a pretty exciting July for me :) Although it kinda sucks that they don't deliver on Monday cuz of the holiday but nothing I can do about that.
A quick question however..what makes a larger improvement just out of curiosity? changing the opamp or using a better psu
Edited by rawrster - 7/3/10 at 11:44ampost #145 of 4117/3/10 at 11:43am
i think im gunna buy on of these, theres a used one available in the UK.
Similar question to above, can anyone recommend a decent PSU (preferably available within the UK).
cheerspost #146 of 4117/3/10 at 12:18pmQuote:
You should really think about that after you try the dac.post #147 of 4117/6/10 at 7:16pm
Maybe I'll know tomorrow how it sounds. It got to a local post office on Sunday but USPS was off Monday and for some strange reason they didnt deliver today. Hopefully tomorrow it comespost #148 of 4117/8/10 at 8:52pm
I got it yesterday in the mail and it doesn't sound too bad at all. I can't really remember the uDAC but it does seem like it is less colored. I do like the 2 outputs however as I can burn phones in while listening if I ever need to. It's a bit bigger than I expected but that may be due to having the uDAC so long and got spoiled by the size and how portable it was. I'm guessing this should last me a while as there really aren't that many transportable dac/amp that I know of not including those already in portable amps such as the D10, D4, etc since most of my listening is done when I'm not at home.post #149 of 4117/8/10 at 9:33pm
- Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 29 seconds ago
- › IEMs similar to Fidelio X2 headphones? $100ish budget 41 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 59 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 1 minute ago
- › 11th Vienna Head-Fi Meet: 25th of March 2017 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Amps for Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why isn't the Focal Spirit Classic more popular! 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear