Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MX 980 Expression - Page 13

post #181 of 266

excuse me...OT:

i would like to share this story with you guys...

 

im using 2 gears when i go to sleep.

its either my fave live iem - the ue700.

and my mx980 earbud.

 

whenever i sleep using my ue700, sometimes i wake up feeling...fatigue, tired...i dont know. its like i never went to sleep...i woke up evertime...feeling dizzy or something.

its kinda hard to explain.

 

but, whenever i used my mx980 when i sleep, i felt...full and my body responds...right.

i dont feel any heaviness nor any dizziness.

 

maybe theres something in the HIGHS that affect my sleep.

how about you guys, did you tried using this in your sleep?

id like to know your part.

 

post #182 of 266

 

they sound very good but these buds are too big for me ,

Edited by OrEoH - 9/27/11 at 1:59am
post #183 of 266

please help! just noticed the plug of my 980 it's not that straight! I dunno if it's like that since it was new or I caused it to bend. Can you guys who has 980 check the plug of it if it's very straight from the tip (the supposed to be gold part) to the upper part of the housing of the plug (the one that rotates to an angle). Thanks!

post #184 of 266

its supposed to be straight, not angled naturally. 

 

post #185 of 266

Okay so I jumped in and got a pair of PK980s.

 

First few hours I was very impressed with them!

Certainly had the big headphone sound in  a bad i was wanting!

Bass was great

(im no audiophile but i like sparkle highs and deep punchy bass)

 

I wanted more!

i burned them in for about 14 hours.. over night..

took a listen to them this morning and they seemed to have dropped off a bit?

 

Bass seems big, but there was no rumble or punch.

Highs seemed to have almost gotten drowned out by the bass..?

Seemed like I was listening to a different set of earphones with the same source and music tracks?

 

Any idea if running them 14 hours straight was a bad thing?

 

should they get better towards 50-100 hours usage?

 

or.. should I have gone with my first gut instinct and gone with the yuin PK1s?

(i listen mostly to pop and rock)

 

 

.. and gosh they are hard to pack up in the case when you are in a rush

 

my Yuin pk3s.. just drop em in the canister and go


Edited by li21 - 12/13/11 at 3:53pm
post #186 of 266


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by li21 View Post

Okay so I jumped in and got a pair of PK980s.

 

First few hours I was very impressed with them!

Certainly had the big headphone sound in  a bad i was wanting!

Bass was great

(im no audiophile but i like sparkle highs and deep punchy bass)

 

I wanted more!

i burned them in for about 14 hours.. over night..

took a listen to them this morning and they seemed to have dropped off a bit?

 

Bass seems big, but there was no rumble or punch.

Highs seemed to have almost gotten drowned out by the bass..?

Seemed like I was listening to a different set of earphones with the same source and music tracks?

 

Any idea if running them 14 hours straight was a bad thing?

 

should they get better towards 50-100 hours usage?

 

or.. should I have gone with my first gut instinct and gone with the yuin PK1s?

(i listen mostly to pop and rock)

 

 

.. and gosh they are hard to pack up in the case when you are in a rush

 

my Yuin pk3s.. just drop em in the canister and go



PK980s? You mean MX980s?

 

Give them 100 hours and see again. These are great, spaciously sounding, detailed earphones that are simply neutral and can definitely be consdered one of the most versatile ones.

 

Do not expect thundering bass though.

 

I do not use the provided case, just a metal altoids one.

 

post #187 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post


 



PK980s? You mean MX980s?

 

Give them 100 hours and see again. These are great, spaciously sounding, detailed earphones that are simply neutral and can definitely be consdered one of the most versatile ones.

 

Do not expect thundering bass though.

 

I do not use the provided case, just a metal altoids one.

 


Thanks for the tip.. giving it about 8 hours a day so will see how they go :)

 

Thats right sorry i meant mx980s!

Kept thinkng about Pk1 before them:P

 

post #188 of 266

I think the PK1 is way too hard to drive. 

People that really like heavy bass hitting headphones will likely never be happy with an earbud.  I personally have never heard an earbud that really thumped.  With the help of an amp, you can get some earbuds to atleast deliver decent hitting bass. 

post #189 of 266
stress can also be a factor on your ability to feel/hear the bass of an earbud (at least for me). another thing why I prefer my earbuds so I'll know if my hearing is normal. when I'm tired (more on mentally but can also be physically), I tend to hear the bass on my MX980s somewhat lacking. then when Im refreshed, (just woke up/before lunchtime) the bass on 980s to me is thundery and full bodied, very nice bass. unlike on my headphones (px100-ii) theres no excuse I cant hear the bass, it's always there. I think Im not only the one who experience this.
Edited by autoexec - 12/21/11 at 8:03am
post #190 of 266

Is the bass on the mx980 better than the mx760?

 

And also, are they much bigger than the mx760?

 

I'm just going to use the mx980 with my laptop and mobile, no amp, so is it really worth it? I just want something better (or on par) with my dying mx760.


Edited by dreamycreamy - 4/1/12 at 2:39pm
post #191 of 266

I haven't heard the mx760's but I gotta tell you, I have not yet heard an earphones (in-ear/earbuds) that's better than mx980s man. I have mx560s, mx471s, brainwavz alpha/beta, px100-ii. Nothing sounded more natural and balanced than the mx980s. The only thing you're gonna want more is the sub bass, which is mostly the problem of earbuds because there is no isolation or powerful large drivers to have that bass extension. However if you have a good fit with them you'll have extra sub bass bonus! Another thing you gotta note is the right fit, what I don't like about them is when I move alot I have to reposition them correctly, I can only enjoy them when sitting behavely or lying but never while walking. I have tried the IE8 and TF10s but the sound of 980s are way more natural and spectacular! lol.

post #192 of 266

How's the MX 980s of MX 980 owners doing? Listening to them last night before falling asleep and then I woke up in the middle of the night and these earbuds are truly amazing. I woke up on a very detailed mids and very good soundstage. :D Of course it won't render sub-bass like IEMs or headphones, but I don't care. These phones are truly amazing provided you're on a very quiet environment

post #193 of 266

mine needs fix right now.

the wire tore open itself, for unknown reason.

it needs recabling. 

hoping here, that if i recable this, it wont change the signature.

post #194 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyman View Post

mine needs fix right now.

the wire tore open itself, for unknown reason.

it needs recabling. 

hoping here, that if i recable this, it wont change the signature.

 

what?? How'd it happen? Wire tearing by itself???

post #195 of 266

maybe due to our climate here in the philippines... too hot perhaps, that the wire got too dry then some bumps in the pocket (pants)...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser MX 980 Expression