I think the uDac is perfect as a portable laptop sound card. It beats the hell out of the garbage in my Lenovo T60p when I'm on the go, and sounds REALLY good with my Shure E500's. No complaints here!
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- what determines sound quality of sound card? Last post on 1/1/13 at 10:49pm in Computer Audio
- dac + soundcard? optimal? Last post on 1/1/13 at 2:48pm in Computer Audio
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty much...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Topping NX1 Australian Tour - DJScopeFirstly I'd like to thank @DMax99 for sending this awesome little portable headphone amplifier on a tour of Australia, and @H20Fidelity for helping out organise...
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
uDac disappointment - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it for my laptop too, and I found it much better than the on-board sound card (no surprise).
when I run my sf5pro thru uDAC, I found it has a lot more clarity in the high-end, more extension i the low-end, but retracts a bit in the mid end. I can hear a lot of details with uDAC connected, and this is solely in comparsion to my on-board sound card.
I really wish I could install the PloyTec USB ASIO driver in my computer, but I'm guessing it won't work with the uDAC.
I have a Hotaudio Dacdestroyer for $60 that I favour over the udac. Mellower sound, but fewer options (no volume control, only RCA and headphone amp out). I recently picked up the Behringer uca202 which doesn't sound as good, but it's $40 for RCA in, RCA out, headphone out w/volume control, and optical out. For the price that's a great all-in-one kit.
- uDac disappointment
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 54 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Can I just glue the headphone jack tip back on? 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Very Good Quality "Big Band" Recordings 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Bauhn Noise Canceling Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2