I think the uDac is perfect as a portable laptop sound card. It beats the hell out of the garbage in my Lenovo T60p when I'm on the go, and sounds REALLY good with my Shure E500's. No complaints here!
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- what determines sound quality of sound card? Last post on 1/1/13 at 10:49pm in Computer Audio
- dac + soundcard? optimal? Last post on 1/1/13 at 2:48pm in Computer Audio
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer, has a...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
uDac disappointment - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it for my laptop too, and I found it much better than the on-board sound card (no surprise).
when I run my sf5pro thru uDAC, I found it has a lot more clarity in the high-end, more extension i the low-end, but retracts a bit in the mid end. I can hear a lot of details with uDAC connected, and this is solely in comparsion to my on-board sound card.
I really wish I could install the PloyTec USB ASIO driver in my computer, but I'm guessing it won't work with the uDAC.
I have a Hotaudio Dacdestroyer for $60 that I favour over the udac. Mellower sound, but fewer options (no volume control, only RCA and headphone amp out). I recently picked up the Behringer uca202 which doesn't sound as good, but it's $40 for RCA in, RCA out, headphone out w/volume control, and optical out. For the price that's a great all-in-one kit.
- uDac disappointment
- › It's not the D, it's the A that will kill you... 14 seconds ago
- › Gustard H10 new just out of box and foam, something is loose and... 58 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster is now on Head-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › FREE NEC CDR-602 CD-ROM Reader with Coax Output 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman: Terrible experience with RE-400i and the company's... 8 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)