I think the uDac is perfect as a portable laptop sound card. It beats the hell out of the garbage in my Lenovo T60p when I'm on the go, and sounds REALLY good with my Shure E500's. No complaints here!
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How bright are Grados? Last post on Yesterday at 11:52 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- what determines sound quality of sound card? Last post on 1/1/13 at 10:49pm in Computer Audio
- dac + soundcard? optimal? Last post on 1/1/13 at 2:48pm in Computer Audio
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
uDac disappointment - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it for my laptop too, and I found it much better than the on-board sound card (no surprise).
when I run my sf5pro thru uDAC, I found it has a lot more clarity in the high-end, more extension i the low-end, but retracts a bit in the mid end. I can hear a lot of details with uDAC connected, and this is solely in comparsion to my on-board sound card.
I really wish I could install the PloyTec USB ASIO driver in my computer, but I'm guessing it won't work with the uDAC.
I have a Hotaudio Dacdestroyer for $60 that I favour over the udac. Mellower sound, but fewer options (no volume control, only RCA and headphone amp out). I recently picked up the Behringer uca202 which doesn't sound as good, but it's $40 for RCA in, RCA out, headphone out w/volume control, and optical out. For the price that's a great all-in-one kit.
- uDac disappointment
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 56 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Drowning in amps, I need some recommendations from knowledgeable... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)