A mystery wrapped in an enigma, encased in a Fortune Cookie...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need an Amp/DAC for AKG K701 - Yulong, Audio-gd, or Matrix? Last post on 7/18/11 at 5:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP and DAC for AKG K701 Last post on 8/4/14 at 5:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Dac/amp battle: Nuforce hdp vs Audio-gd fun and nfb-12 Last post on 5/28/11 at 9:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The List: Balanced amps under $1,000 (aka Amps NOT to buy) Last post on 10/21/13 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread - Page 35post #511 of 7258/19/10 at 7:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 7258/19/10 at 7:37pmpost #513 of 7258/19/10 at 8:06pm
lol well, if you want to be more historically and culturally accurate, in China they don't eat fortune cookies, so it would be more of "A mystery wrapped in an enigma, encased in a moon cake"post #514 of 7258/19/10 at 8:09pmpost #515 of 7258/19/10 at 10:37pmpost #516 of 7258/24/10 at 9:29pmpost #517 of 7258/27/10 at 9:15pm
I purchased AVU's old Sparrow, and it sounds excellent. I haven't done any comparisons, but I am really enjoying its sound and functionality as a line-in optical dac for use with Mac (airport express soon too) and XBOX360. I am also having the most success with the volume pot than with any other amp I have owned for trying to listen at preferred low volumes without channel imbalance, though I still can't go as low as I 'd like with some albums (using PK1, and would also like to make note that this amp was adjusted to a lower gain than standard).post #518 of 7259/2/10 at 7:20pmpost #519 of 7259/2/10 at 11:45pmpost #520 of 7259/3/10 at 8:41amQuote:Btw, what size of allen key is needed to open the sparrow? I've tried all my allen keys and none fit the holes properly.
I believe it is 3mm
Edited by les_garten - 9/3/10 at 8:43ampost #521 of 7259/3/10 at 5:45pmpost #522 of 7259/7/10 at 6:00am
Make sure you report back after you put the WM8741 in. It'd be nice to reduce the harshness and smooth it out a bit as some people on here have reported with the FUN. It's hard to justify spending 30% the cost of my sparrow for it, I don't think it should cost $17.50 for shipping what looks like a 3x5cm module.post #523 of 7259/7/10 at 6:07am
It's not audio-gd's fault shipping is so expensive :p, and audio-gd gives you the same exact discounted price they get from EMS/DHL. When I think about how much priority mail costs in the USA, I think the international shipping rates from China are very fair. Still, I try to hold off purchasing any modules until I am buying additional things to save on shipping.post #524 of 7259/7/10 at 8:06am
I would like to try the new WM8741 or WM870, because I am finding the Sparrow to be a little "harsh" sounding with my Stax.
I am going to try buying something that will have good synergy with my Sparrow, perhaps the HD600/HD650. From what I can remember and have read is slightly mellow sounding with a little rolled off lower and upper frequency. If I cannot find a good phone with good synergy, then I will attempt modding my Sparrow. By the way, the Sparrow sounds great with my PK1, and PX100.post #525 of 7259/7/10 at 3:37pm
Funny, I'm finding the 8741 a little too "smooth" sounding with my JH-13s. I think I liked the 1852 more. But will see after burn-in.
- Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 19 seconds ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › Sessions from the 17th Ward - To DSD or not? 3 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 7 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear