Kingwa says (lol should reminded him to type in chinese) "Yes. Only solder a point. The wire is come with the WM8741 module." Guess it's a done deal for me to get the old sparrow and upgrade myself! It'll be cheaper and faster haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need an Amp/DAC for AKG K701 - Yulong, Audio-gd, or Matrix? Last post on 7/18/11 at 5:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP and DAC for AKG K701 Last post on 8/4/14 at 5:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Dac/amp battle: Nuforce hdp vs Audio-gd fun and nfb-12 Last post on 5/28/11 at 9:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The List: Balanced amps under $1,000 (aka Amps NOT to buy) Last post on 10/21/13 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread - Page 34post #496 of 7258/18/10 at 6:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 7258/18/10 at 6:42pm
ha! if I had known it was this easy, I wouldn't have sold the sparrow B! (is it $30 with shipping? wow, shipping alone is usually $30+) At least now I'll get to see what the unity gain and A-level components do. (hopefully something)post #498 of 7258/18/10 at 7:40pmpost #499 of 7258/18/10 at 10:17pmpost #500 of 7258/19/10 at 6:35ampost #501 of 7258/19/10 at 10:11amQuote:
Does it need more or "different " voltage.
If you look at the PIC in this post of the DAC module, it shows there are no 5 v pins on the module like there is on the 8740. It picks up 3.3v rather than 5 v.
See what I'm talking about here?
On the 1852 and 8740,that I have, there are pins down to pick up the 5v off the "Motherboard". On the 8741, there are no 5v pins, and it picks up 3.3v off the DIR board.post #502 of 7258/19/10 at 10:39am
Out of pure laziness I just stated that it needs more power. But the above is correct :)
Now that I think about it... that would make the new version A's that come with the wm8741 not backwards compatible?
Edited by muad - 8/19/10 at 10:41ampost #503 of 7258/19/10 at 10:50am
Only if Kingwa changed the power plan for the WM8741. I would guess as long as the new A version doesn't have that extra wire it wouldn't be backwards compatible to the WM8740. But if it does, it should be. Unless you're refering to the other DAC module.post #504 of 7258/19/10 at 11:00am
I think I read that the new version A won't have the wire... don't quote me on it though
but really there shouldn't be a reason why someone would want to move from the 8741 to the 8740 or 1852 modules. Unless they need the latter for a deliberate emphasis to the upper mids...
Edited by muad - 8/19/10 at 11:03ampost #505 of 7258/19/10 at 5:08pmpost #506 of 7258/19/10 at 5:40pmpost #507 of 7258/19/10 at 5:51pmQuote:
I imagine it's more current and not more Voltage.post #508 of 7258/19/10 at 5:54pm
Kinda weird tho... the wm8470 has 2 pins that take 5v each from separate supplies. The new wm8741 is missing those 2 pins. Instead those two connections are bridged together and take 3.3v together from the dir9001 module. This is considering the labels on the motherboard are correct. Im thoroughly confused.. but I guess it doesn't really matter.
EDIT: IC, what les Garten says makes more sense :)
Edited by muad - 8/19/10 at 5:56pmpost #509 of 7258/19/10 at 6:19pmpost #510 of 7258/19/10 at 6:36pm
Les is correct...the wm 8740 requires 19mA (typical at 3.3V) vs 40mA (typical at 3.3V) for the wm 8741 according to their respective data sheets. Max V for the 8741 (digital PSU connections) is 4.5V but optimum V is 3.3.
Edited by Pricklely Peete - 8/19/10 at 8:12pm
- Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 8 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 13 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 14 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 16 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 17 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 17 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 18 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 18 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 19 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 19 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear