Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH M50 Expectations?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH M50 Expectations? - Page 2

post #16 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpredator View Post
I'm guessing the L3000 blows the ES10 out of the water. I suppose the ES10 is good for its price, but you should really think about upgrading. I mean, you're paying for quality, you know?
haha do you actually own one?
post #17 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rooi123 View Post
haha do you actually own one?
I did, but I gave it to my cat. It just wasn't up to snuff compared to the full-sized W series in the AT line.
post #18 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyHoney View Post
Hey 2rooi123, what is the problem w/ you? Did the OP ask anything about ES10 vs M50? Ok so you have an ES10. Back down and enjoy it and let the OP enjoy his M50. Is it hard for you to do that?
+1
post #19 of 370
you see cans like those need amplification to sound good and will sound bad without one. i bought es10 cause you dont need an amp and it sounds great out of a DAP so dont compare. did you try listening to it? its definitely the best portable headphone right now on the market
post #20 of 370
Well ATH M50 is a studio/DJ headphone. BTW why is M50 such a popular portable can? Is it because it looks cool and has good bass?
post #21 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rooi123 View Post
you see cans like those need amplification to sound good and will sound bad without one. i bought es10 cause you dont need an amp and it sounds great out of a DAP so dont compare. did you try listening to it? its definitely the best portable headphone right now on the market
Um I own the M50's with a few amps, and they do not need an amp at all to sound good, in fact I use them all the time without an amp. They are easy to drive.
post #22 of 370
Im referring to the W series of the AT line. not m50.
post #23 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rooi123 View Post
you see cans like those need amplification to sound good and will sound bad without one. i bought es10 cause you dont need an amp and it sounds great out of a DAP so dont compare. did you try listening to it? its definitely the best portable headphone right now on the market
You might be surprised how much better the ES7 sounds out of a Yamamoto than a DAP. But nah, I didn't really listen to the ES10. My cat doesn't seem to like it much either, considering I just scooped it out of the litter box.
post #24 of 370
Agreed. They sound pretty damn good unamped, which further shows how reliable and versatile they are.

As for the guy spurting out his annoying comparison between the ES10 and M50... NO ONE ASKED. OP was simply asking what to expect out of his M50s, not whether anything is better or worse.

You're comparing a $90 headphone vs one that is worth MUCH more. It's a stupid comparison to begin with.

The M50s STILL hold their own against higher end cans from what I heard, and anyone going for the M50s as their startup will be more than satisfied. They are a great headphone with more than enough thrills to last years.

If I wasn't bit by upgraditis, I'd have been more than happy if the M50 was my only headphone. They do everything well. In fact, I'd be inclined to say that if you ever think of upgrading, go the open can route so that you will still have a need for the M50s for isolation and other things that open backed cans can't offer you. I myself would always want at least two headphones, open and closed. The M50s would have been just fine for my closed can.
post #25 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardstyler View Post
Well ATH M50 is a studio/DJ headphone. BTW why is M50 such a popular portable can? Is it because it looks cool and has good bass?
I think it's because they are cheap, have good bass and clarity for the price, fold up, offer descent isolation, and with the coiled cable version, the cable does not get in the way but will extend when needed. I think of them more as transportable like sitting in a train or in a library. Walking around with them may get you some strange looks from other people, but I guess it all depends if you care or not what others think.
post #26 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rooi123 View Post
you see cans like those need amplification to sound good and will sound bad without one. i bought es10 cause you dont need an amp and it sounds great out of a DAP so dont compare. did you try listening to it? its definitely the best portable headphone right now on the market
Oh sorry Your post appeared below mine and had no quotes to what you were referring to.
post #27 of 370
of course it will sound better. your spending 10 times the price of es7 to pair with it. what do you expect. id buy it if moneys not an issue
post #28 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by phangtonpower View Post
I think it's because they are cheap, have good bass and clarity for the price, fold up, offer descent isolation, and with the coiled cable version, the cable does not get in the way but will extend when needed. I think of them more as transportable like sitting in a train or in a library. Walking around with them may get you some strange looks from other people, but I guess it all depends if you care or not what others think.
I think they look awesome. Do you think they would be a good replacement for XB700 for portable use?
post #29 of 370
@mad lust envy, im not comparing both im just suggesting es10 is better overall. as ive said before your paying for the quality. and who cares if m50 is good i dont give a **** about that
post #30 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardstyler View Post
I think they look awesome. Do you think they would be a good replacement for XB700 for portable use?
Yes, yes, and yes!

I loved the XB700s, but they weren't portable at all.

The M50s are a lot more portable, have VERY good low end (which may not be as deep as the XB700s, but are MUCH more balanced), and are overall more clear and detailed. I find them more comfy than the XB700s as well. I loved the thrills of the XB700s, but the M50s are no slouch in thrills themselves.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH M50 Expectations?