If it's just for the RS1, easy answer is Ear+ HD. If you plan on using tough-to-drive headphones in the future (think orthos), then maybe go Super II.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Got me a new NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 4/29/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 668/21/11 at 2:10pmpost #63 of 667/9/13 at 11:31am
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I've been inactive on head-fi for quite a bit because of my young family. I just ordered another Super II from Lloyd and hope to have it in a few weeks. It has the same upgrades I've done in the past - caps, RCA jacks, locking heapdhone jacks, etc. The fun thing we're doing this time (at my request) is leaving the chassis completely unfinished - bare aluminum. I think I will personally enjoy this look even if it doesn't set a trend :-) I also asked Lloyd to leave off the stock feet and am doing some Herbie Tenderfeet instead. I had some good success with the Herbie feet on another amp.
I'll be using my SA8004 as the source and either my HD650 or PS1000 'phones. Thankfully, I kept all my good GE and RCA triple-mica 5751 tubes from the last time I owned a Super II. I lined up some good American NOS EL84 tubes and I should be in good shape.
I'll post a few pictures once I get everything and hook it up.post #64 of 667/11/13 at 6:48am
Welcome back to the fold! I like Herbie's Tenderfeet on my Super-II HD as well. I replaced the output caps with paper-in-oil caps which I feel has improved the sound a bit. Tight fit under the chassis though!
Sounds like you have the right cans & tubes for the amp! Enjoy your journey!
post #65 of 667/11/13 at 9:36ampost #66 of 664/14/14 at 6:20pm
- Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Cowon Plenue D 36 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 amp, black finish, extra tubes 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...