If it's just for the RS1, easy answer is Ear+ HD. If you plan on using tough-to-drive headphones in the future (think orthos), then maybe go Super II.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Got me a new NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 4/29/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 668/21/11 at 2:10pmpost #63 of 667/9/13 at 11:31am
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I've been inactive on head-fi for quite a bit because of my young family. I just ordered another Super II from Lloyd and hope to have it in a few weeks. It has the same upgrades I've done in the past - caps, RCA jacks, locking heapdhone jacks, etc. The fun thing we're doing this time (at my request) is leaving the chassis completely unfinished - bare aluminum. I think I will personally enjoy this look even if it doesn't set a trend :-) I also asked Lloyd to leave off the stock feet and am doing some Herbie Tenderfeet instead. I had some good success with the Herbie feet on another amp.
I'll be using my SA8004 as the source and either my HD650 or PS1000 'phones. Thankfully, I kept all my good GE and RCA triple-mica 5751 tubes from the last time I owned a Super II. I lined up some good American NOS EL84 tubes and I should be in good shape.
I'll post a few pictures once I get everything and hook it up.post #64 of 667/11/13 at 6:48am
Welcome back to the fold! I like Herbie's Tenderfeet on my Super-II HD as well. I replaced the output caps with paper-in-oil caps which I feel has improved the sound a bit. Tight fit under the chassis though!
Sounds like you have the right cans & tubes for the amp! Enjoy your journey!
post #65 of 667/11/13 at 9:36ampost #66 of 664/14/14 at 6:20pm
- Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 13 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 27 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MUC-M20BL1 Headphone Cable (for XBA Hybrid Headphones & PHA-3)... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...