If it's just for the RS1, easy answer is Ear+ HD. If you plan on using tough-to-drive headphones in the future (think orthos), then maybe go Super II.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Got me a new NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 4/29/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 668/21/11 at 2:10pmpost #63 of 667/9/13 at 11:31am
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I've been inactive on head-fi for quite a bit because of my young family. I just ordered another Super II from Lloyd and hope to have it in a few weeks. It has the same upgrades I've done in the past - caps, RCA jacks, locking heapdhone jacks, etc. The fun thing we're doing this time (at my request) is leaving the chassis completely unfinished - bare aluminum. I think I will personally enjoy this look even if it doesn't set a trend :-) I also asked Lloyd to leave off the stock feet and am doing some Herbie Tenderfeet instead. I had some good success with the Herbie feet on another amp.
I'll be using my SA8004 as the source and either my HD650 or PS1000 'phones. Thankfully, I kept all my good GE and RCA triple-mica 5751 tubes from the last time I owned a Super II. I lined up some good American NOS EL84 tubes and I should be in good shape.
I'll post a few pictures once I get everything and hook it up.post #64 of 667/11/13 at 6:48am
Welcome back to the fold! I like Herbie's Tenderfeet on my Super-II HD as well. I replaced the output caps with paper-in-oil caps which I feel has improved the sound a bit. Tight fit under the chassis though!
Sounds like you have the right cans & tubes for the amp! Enjoy your journey!
post #65 of 667/11/13 at 9:36ampost #66 of 664/14/14 at 6:20pm
- Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › cable 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy with OCC MK2 Cable + Pandora SPC Cable + 7 Pairs... 6 minutes ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 8 minutes ago
- › FS: ~~ HifimanHE-500 ~~ Hifiman HE-4 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...