If it's just for the RS1, easy answer is Ear+ HD. If you plan on using tough-to-drive headphones in the future (think orthos), then maybe go Super II.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Got me a new NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 4/29/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 668/21/11 at 2:10pmpost #63 of 667/9/13 at 11:31am
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I've been inactive on head-fi for quite a bit because of my young family. I just ordered another Super II from Lloyd and hope to have it in a few weeks. It has the same upgrades I've done in the past - caps, RCA jacks, locking heapdhone jacks, etc. The fun thing we're doing this time (at my request) is leaving the chassis completely unfinished - bare aluminum. I think I will personally enjoy this look even if it doesn't set a trend :-) I also asked Lloyd to leave off the stock feet and am doing some Herbie Tenderfeet instead. I had some good success with the Herbie feet on another amp.
I'll be using my SA8004 as the source and either my HD650 or PS1000 'phones. Thankfully, I kept all my good GE and RCA triple-mica 5751 tubes from the last time I owned a Super II. I lined up some good American NOS EL84 tubes and I should be in good shape.
I'll post a few pictures once I get everything and hook it up.post #64 of 667/11/13 at 6:48am
Welcome back to the fold! I like Herbie's Tenderfeet on my Super-II HD as well. I replaced the output caps with paper-in-oil caps which I feel has improved the sound a bit. Tight fit under the chassis though!
Sounds like you have the right cans & tubes for the amp! Enjoy your journey!
post #65 of 667/11/13 at 9:36ampost #66 of 664/14/14 at 6:20pm
- Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 3 seconds ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 11 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi vs Honor by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 3 minutes ago
- › Hd600 fan w/Vali seeking closed back 4 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › New jvc ha fr202v extreme explosives iems 6 minutes ago
- › Best Closed-Back Headphones for EDM (when amped)? 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2