If it's just for the RS1, easy answer is Ear+ HD. If you plan on using tough-to-drive headphones in the future (think orthos), then maybe go Super II.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Got me a new NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 4/29/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 668/21/11 at 2:10pmpost #63 of 667/9/13 at 11:31am
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I've been inactive on head-fi for quite a bit because of my young family. I just ordered another Super II from Lloyd and hope to have it in a few weeks. It has the same upgrades I've done in the past - caps, RCA jacks, locking heapdhone jacks, etc. The fun thing we're doing this time (at my request) is leaving the chassis completely unfinished - bare aluminum. I think I will personally enjoy this look even if it doesn't set a trend :-) I also asked Lloyd to leave off the stock feet and am doing some Herbie Tenderfeet instead. I had some good success with the Herbie feet on another amp.
I'll be using my SA8004 as the source and either my HD650 or PS1000 'phones. Thankfully, I kept all my good GE and RCA triple-mica 5751 tubes from the last time I owned a Super II. I lined up some good American NOS EL84 tubes and I should be in good shape.
I'll post a few pictures once I get everything and hook it up.post #64 of 667/11/13 at 6:48am
Welcome back to the fold! I like Herbie's Tenderfeet on my Super-II HD as well. I replaced the output caps with paper-in-oil caps which I feel has improved the sound a bit. Tight fit under the chassis though!
Sounds like you have the right cans & tubes for the amp! Enjoy your journey!
post #65 of 667/11/13 at 9:36ampost #66 of 664/14/14 at 6:20pm
- Mapletree Ear+ HD Super II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 48 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 49 seconds ago
- › Step up from K240. 55 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Wtb: 256 gb sd card or compact flash 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Struggling to decide which headphones to buy--neutral/closed back 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)