http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/06/sleek-audios-sa7-earphones-briefly-tested-dubbed-stonkingly-g/ Engadget did a little writeup/preview of these. They look pretty sweet! Can't wait to hear some "real" impressions!
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA7 Last post on 7/11/13 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 8/31/11 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got 100 dollar gift card, what should i get? Last post on 2/8/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sleek audio CT6 vs SA7??? Last post on 12/3/10 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview) - Page 6post #76 of 1579/6/10 at 2:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1579/6/10 at 2:46pmpost #78 of 1579/6/10 at 7:45pmpost #79 of 1579/6/10 at 9:22pmQuote:
MSRP for top-tier iems tends to be in the $350-$550 range.
Not that you should pay msrp...
post #80 of 1579/6/10 at 9:49pmpost #81 of 1579/6/10 at 11:07pmQuote:
Oh, I know. This ain't my first rodeo...
I'm just surprised Sleek's asking so much this time around. I mean, given that there's scarcely room for the SA7 to outperform its price tag (in contrast to, say, the SA6 at its debut), it damn well better be a showstopper.
Edited by epithetless - 9/6/10 at 11:08pmpost #82 of 1579/12/10 at 1:49pm
Well I tried this back then in IFA
Their look are sure good and size are small.
They have 2 balanced drivers.
And all ports are customisable, you can set the treble and bass as well.
The build quality is quite good, the seal I tried was dual flange, they offer quite good seal
For the sound quality itself, they sure beat all the monster pro or gold.... and PFE Phonak (Well I tried them also in IFA )
I dont know how their sound quality compared to the top notch Earphone like Westone um3X or Shure SE 535
Maybe anyone who was in IFA can give some comments :)
Looking forward to buy top tier Earphone :)post #83 of 1579/12/10 at 3:47pm
People will buy it for $400. People bought the SA6 for $200. A lot of people won't buy it for $400 though. Many will wait till they can find cheaper routes, used or otherwise. The SA6 sells commonly for $120. The SA7 most likely will be in the $200 range. You might not be able to buy it directly from Sleek for that, but within a little while, you'll be able to grab one for that. The most I ever paid for a high end IEM is $270. Most were a bit less than that, used of course, but there is only so much value on these products. There will always be a "new" premium, but once that weares off, it's the open market that decides. My guess is around $200, $250 tops. You might just have to wait a little bit before you get one.post #84 of 1579/12/10 at 5:35pmpost #85 of 1579/12/10 at 10:37pm
Haha. The SA6 does roll off some, but it's also an earphone that seemed to be designed specifically for deep insertion which does improve the low end presence. A shallow fit makes them sound quite lean. They do respond very well to EQing though, so if you want the low end there, you can get most of it quite readily. It's still not a bass monster, but it'll get you to 40Hz fine.
It's impossible to say what the SA7 will offer. Frankly companies tend to try and follow a preferred route. There is some variation, but many products follow the same ideology, well at least if the same engineers are developing all the earphones. Adding a driver doesn't guarantee anything. The SE530 is a good example. It runs a dual bass driver and it still rolls off very early. It's done on purpose though as they have a specific goal in mind. Simply adding a driver doesn't change the game. It improves capability, but it's still up to the engineers to decide which drivers to use, which filtering, and what end result they end up at. I expect it to be more extended on both ends, but I also expect it to sound much like the SA6 overall.
Edited by mvw2 - 9/12/10 at 10:41pmpost #86 of 1579/13/10 at 2:08am
Well they even told me
They tried to setup pre order website (but not telling the name) and they have like 200 pre order only in one night :)
The price range is correct 400 $ or 350 €
I have one contact person with the sleek audio, and i can share it with you guys after im back home :Dpost #87 of 1579/13/10 at 4:26pmpost #88 of 1579/13/10 at 5:08pmpost #89 of 1579/23/10 at 3:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › My 1st Pair of Serious IEMs - Which Would You Choose From These? 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 48 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Which new Headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a portable, closed, over-ear set of headphones for... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe