Are they here yet? Christmas $$$ are burning a hole...
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA7 Last post on 7/11/13 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 8/31/11 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got 100 dollar gift card, what should i get? Last post on 2/8/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sleek audio CT6 vs SA7??? Last post on 12/3/10 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview) - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1571/7/11 at 4:18pmpost #108 of 1571/28/11 at 1:25pmpost #109 of 1571/28/11 at 6:57pm
I got a chance to thumb these at CES or NAMM (can't remember which) and they are nice. The SA6 has had horrible workmaship now, to the point that I didn't even want to review it. The new one is strong and thought out well - really well. I think Sleek Audio have finally nailed a near-perfect earphone in the SA6R and the SA7.
Sound is great, too!
Finally is all I can thiink!post #110 of 1571/29/11 at 11:50ampost #111 of 1572/2/11 at 6:05ampost #112 of 1573/9/11 at 5:15ampost #113 of 1573/9/11 at 5:41am
Sorry for getting this late. I can say for sure that if you like the Westone 4, you'll love the SA7. It is clean, especially in the higher midrange (but we expected that from Sleek, anyway), and has a very nice low end. The SA6 always sounded a bit stressed in the low end when using + adapters. The SA7 is very natural, very detailed.
I don't want to say that it is the runaway best dual I've heard as that would hurt my CK10's feeling, but it is excellently engineered to be neutral, tight, and fast. I'm sure I'll listen to one at greater length, but the five or so minutes I spent with it were very very pleasing. I think my favourite part is that no matter the music, the housing (quite sturdy), exhibits next to NO influence on the sound, a feat that is nigh impossible for most earphones.
The SA6R is... what I hoped the SA6 would be. Solid, well-fastened, and still the same great sound. I think + bass isn't the best choice, but overall, the new SA6R is built beyond its price category and sounds very nice.
Killer combo IMO.
SA7 is a real win for Sleek.
Edited by shigzeo - 3/9/11 at 5:42ampost #114 of 1573/9/11 at 5:57amThread Starterpost #115 of 1573/9/11 at 6:02ampost #116 of 1573/9/11 at 6:17am
It's the cleanliness of the upper midrange and bass echoes that had me very happy - something, again, that is very very hard to do right, or seems very hard to do right for IEM manufacturers.post #117 of 1573/9/11 at 11:06am
Hope the build is up to par now. I am very interested in these, very, but I also get turned-off by the price-tag considering it's only a dual-driver. I like the materials used though and it's acoustic properties will probably come into-play, not to mention I can also interchange these with the HJE900s as they use the same detachable cables.post #118 of 1573/22/11 at 5:00ampost #119 of 1573/22/11 at 5:13amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SoulSyde
"Coming Early Spring 2011"
Isn't now early Spring in North America?post #120 of 1573/22/11 at 6:15am
Now that customs haven't worked out for me I'll be tempted to try these as I was always a fan of the SA6 and Jason/Sleek were always a pleasure to deal with.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 18 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 28 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 32 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for a mid - high end desktop amp that will play nicely with... 1 minute ago
- › Choices, choices... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!! 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude