Are they here yet? Christmas $$$ are burning a hole...
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA7 Last post on 7/11/13 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 8/31/11 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got 100 dollar gift card, what should i get? Last post on 2/8/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sleek audio CT6 vs SA7??? Last post on 12/3/10 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview) - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got a chance to thumb these at CES or NAMM (can't remember which) and they are nice. The SA6 has had horrible workmaship now, to the point that I didn't even want to review it. The new one is strong and thought out well - really well. I think Sleek Audio have finally nailed a near-perfect earphone in the SA6R and the SA7.
Sound is great, too!
Finally is all I can thiink!
Sorry for getting this late. I can say for sure that if you like the Westone 4, you'll love the SA7. It is clean, especially in the higher midrange (but we expected that from Sleek, anyway), and has a very nice low end. The SA6 always sounded a bit stressed in the low end when using + adapters. The SA7 is very natural, very detailed.
I don't want to say that it is the runaway best dual I've heard as that would hurt my CK10's feeling, but it is excellently engineered to be neutral, tight, and fast. I'm sure I'll listen to one at greater length, but the five or so minutes I spent with it were very very pleasing. I think my favourite part is that no matter the music, the housing (quite sturdy), exhibits next to NO influence on the sound, a feat that is nigh impossible for most earphones.
The SA6R is... what I hoped the SA6 would be. Solid, well-fastened, and still the same great sound. I think + bass isn't the best choice, but overall, the new SA6R is built beyond its price category and sounds very nice.
Killer combo IMO.
SA7 is a real win for Sleek.
Edited by shigzeo - 3/9/11 at 5:42am
It's the cleanliness of the upper midrange and bass echoes that had me very happy - something, again, that is very very hard to do right, or seems very hard to do right for IEM manufacturers.
Hope the build is up to par now. I am very interested in these, very, but I also get turned-off by the price-tag considering it's only a dual-driver. I like the materials used though and it's acoustic properties will probably come into-play, not to mention I can also interchange these with the HJE900s as they use the same detachable cables.
"Coming Early Spring 2011"
Isn't now early Spring in North America?
Now that customs haven't worked out for me I'll be tempted to try these as I was always a fan of the SA6 and Jason/Sleek were always a pleasure to deal with.
- Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
- › HD25s Broke...Looking for recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Denon LA-7000 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › New Version LA-7000 (Denon AH-D7000) in Museum Grade Redwood Burl... 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Help finding perfect closed headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › IC: L3000+DHA3000 12 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)