Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs - Page 32

post #466 of 472

I hope so 

post #467 of 472


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post

I hope so 

post #468 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post




 Why would you say Leighton was awful?  This was Stanley Cup hockey.  

Because he got yanked in two games during the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm not sure if that has ever happened to a cup wining team, when your starter gets yanked in 1/3 of the games. Because he was awful on the road and even worse in game 6. The slapper should never have went (he had a clear view) and Sharps goal was even worse. He was lucky he didn't get yanked after Sharps goal. The Kane goal, in OT to win it, from the half boards with a clear view, almost on the goal line, must have been heartbreaking for a Flyers fan. It was that awful. I will stand by my statement that he played awful, and amend it to "the Finals". He played well against Montreal and the last couple of Boston games when Boucher went down, but Philly demolished Montreal and goaltending wasn't an issue as the series was won well before it mattered. Like I said, I just think Philly deserved a better goal to loose on. But that's how it goes I guess. Leighton will not be Philly's starter next year, I'll bet you a sixer....

 

 

B

post #469 of 472

Congrats to the Hawks..  The ending was somewhat anti-climatic without the light or siren.  But Chicago played one hell of a series and playoffs in general.  Congrats to the young team, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with in the future.  

post #470 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak622 View Post

The ending was somewhat anti-climatic without the light or siren. 


I think it was even less climatic due to the crappy goal that it was but, oh well, it was an interesting series.

post #471 of 472

Can't wait for next season to start.

post #472 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post




Leighton was not awful.  He basically saved the whole first period.  That last goal was horrible, but if you look at the playoffs as a whole, Leighton had the best numbers of the playoffs going in to that last game, and he may not be a Halak or a Miller, but neither of them made it to the finals, and he certainly had a lot to do with how far the Flyers come.  No one expected them to make it to the cup finals.  Why would you say Leighton was awful?  This was Stanley Cup hockey.  





Quote:
Originally Posted by adktitan View Post



Because he got yanked in two games during the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm not sure if that has ever happened to a cup wining team, when your starter gets yanked in 1/3 of the games. Because he was awful on the road and even worse in game 6. The slapper should never have went (he had a clear view) and Sharps goal was even worse. He was lucky he didn't get yanked after Sharps goal. The Kane goal, in OT to win it, from the half boards with a clear view, almost on the goal line, must have been heartbreaking for a Flyers fan. It was that awful. I will stand by my statement that he played awful, and amend it to "the Finals". He played well against Montreal and the last couple of Boston games when Boucher went down, but Philly demolished Montreal and goaltending wasn't an issue as the series was won well before it mattered. Like I said, I just think Philly deserved a better goal to loose on. But that's how it goes I guess. Leighton will not be Philly's starter next year, I'll bet you a sixer....

 

 

B



Ummm..boomana....I'll buy....maybe at the next Can Jam?...if he's starting by then...

 

 http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sports_breaking/20100630_Flyers_sign_goalie_Leighton.html

 


Edited by adktitan - 8/2/10 at 1:13pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs