or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces - Page 6

post #76 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_monkey View Post
LOL, well guess call me an elephant then! Anyone interested in trading their large tips for a smaller one shoot me a PM. The large ones that came with my Monster Coppers seem to fit me just right. Clearly superior to the other tips that came with the copper.
Did you get 5 sizes of the white supertips? If so, the 2nd largest are what work for me...would be willing to trade.
post #77 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic225 View Post
since when did they start shipping the white supertips with the pros? I got a pair of Gold but the supertips are still the black silicon ones..
I wonder if that's why they tried to dump off the Copper and Gold at discounted price at Dell not long ago.... Did people purchased from Dell receive the white supertips?
post #78 of 103
Man I hope they start selling these... they are like my dream tips!

Monster is in it to win it, it seems.
post #79 of 103
From what I read, I think the earlier shipment from dell did not include the white supertips. Some people from the recent batch of shipment have the white supertips included. Correct me if I am wrong.
post #80 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeFFz View Post
From what I read, I think the earlier shipment from dell did not include the white supertips. Some people from the recent batch of shipment have the white supertips included. Correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct. It seems that those who had their order form Dell delayed received Coppers from a newer shipment from Monster that included the white SuperTips. I am one one of those people.. I complained about the delay, but now am glad it happened that way b/c none of the other included tips worked for me. The white supertips are perfect (for me).
post #81 of 103
Just a heads-up for people, you can definitely get these from Monster if you have some turbine pros or MDs or are willing to fake it.

I've received two sizes of foam supertips from Monster (small and medium) and I've got a third size in the mail (large). There are five sizes, with very small and very large being the ones I don't have.

I've never been asked for proof of purchase, I mentioned I got mine from onecall.com (an authorized Monster reseller), which they confirmed and after a little discussion, sent me the tips.

I'm going to do this with other sizes of the gel supertips as well (mine came with what I and the Monster rep think are small and large), why not have supertips that fit perfectly?
post #82 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post
Just a heads-up for people, you can definitely get these from Monster if you have some turbine pros or MDs or are willing to fake it.

I've received two sizes of foam supertips from Monster (small and medium) and I've got a third size in the mail (large). There are five sizes, with very small and very large being the ones I don't have.

I've never been asked for proof of purchase, I mentioned I got mine from onecall.com (an authorized Monster reseller), which they confirmed and after a little discussion, sent me the tips.

I'm going to do this with other sizes of the gel supertips as well (mine came with what I and the Monster rep think are small and large), why not have supertips that fit perfectly?
Thats weird because I contacted Monster about getting the foam supertips and they only sent me one pair (large). I emailed the rep back and he said the tips aren't officially released so that is the only one available. Looks like I'm calling customer support tomorrow the get the rest of my foam supertips. lol
post #83 of 103
I wish they would release it sooner than mid May. I have never been a fan of silicon tips compared to foam but unfortunately foam always seems to change the sound in a bad way for me and olives don't fit any of the phones I have without modification.
post #84 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
Thats weird because I contacted Monster about getting the foam supertips and they only sent me one pair (large). I emailed the rep back and he said the tips aren't officially released so that is the only one available. Looks like I'm calling customer support tomorrow the get the rest of my foam supertips. lol
They don't have all the sizes in stock, so the large was what they had on hand, probably.

I got the small originally, and then I wrote back and asked for a step larger--and got the mediums. They had the large in today, so I said, why not?

Call in 10-14 days and see what they have, is what I was told for other sizes.
post #85 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfive View Post
That's correct. It seems that those who had their order form Dell delayed received Coppers from a newer shipment from Monster that included the white SuperTips. I am one one of those people.. I complained about the delay, but now am glad it happened that way b/c none of the other included tips worked for me. The white supertips are perfect (for me).
Yes, I too had the delayed shipment from Dell and mine came with the supertips and like you, none of the included tips and only the next to largest supertips worked for me.

Too bad the left earpiece quit working and I had to send them back. Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks to enjoy these again. I made sure to ask the rep if he needed the package contents back. He said just send the earphones which is great since I can keep the supertips and not worry about them sending more with the new phones.
post #86 of 103
So, I finally received my hybrid foam Supertips, and wow! The right size certainly makes a difference in having very good sound to GREAT sound! For me on the Miles Davis, the large hybrid foams are wonderful!! Perfect seal. I haven't tried other ones yet with the MDs, but I will.

What I have done out of curiosity is try the small hybrid foams and small gels on the Ortos. Perfit fit, and nice sound from both. The only thing I would say negatively about the gels is that they lessen the bass in the Ortos, but really push the vocals out. The foams, howver, gives very deep bass and pushes the mids forward, with decent treble. I still prefer the Sony hybrid, however, for the Orto, but the Monster foams hybrid aren't too far behind.

But the foam hybrids for the IEM they were meant for - Copper and Miles Davis - are superb! Kudos once again to Monster for what I believe are some of the best breakout and most surprising IEMs of 2009-2010>>>> Copper and Miles Davis. As I've said before, one time listening to music through the MDs I was brought to tears by how well it revealed the details in the music. And that's not something easy to do - bring me to tears. Job well done!!
post #87 of 103
Did you finally get a package from Monster? haha
post #88 of 103
Well, I may have to give up on the Supertips. I'm using the second largest size, and the seal is pretty good in my left ear. In my right, though, it's a different story. I've tried the same size, and I've tried the sizes immediately above and below. I just can't quite get a good seal, let alone maintain it. The second largest is the closest to working, but their seems to be something about the shape or size of my right ear that is just wrong enough to keep it from working. Any suggestions?

For now I'm back on the Comply tips, which at least seem to seal better on both sides.
post #89 of 103
A rather unrelated question, would Sony Hybrids fit on MTP's somehow?
post #90 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3602 View Post
A rather unrelated question, would Sony Hybrids fit on MTP's somehow?
They fit almost perfectly.

The pfe grey silicons from audeoworld.com can fit.

The radioshack auvio tips fit near perfectly.

There are many options, all of them sounding a little different.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces