or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces - Page 4

post #46 of 103
Thread Starter 
Currently, I have the Supertips on the Final Audio MC1350 which is a good fit. These seem to be less fussy with tips than the 1601 series is.

As for the eQ7, I do like the monster Supertips for a number of reasons, the least of which isn't the fact that the cable microphonics are somewhat alleviated when the Supertips are inserted.
post #47 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
^^ Depending on the shape of your ear canals, Olives can really muck up the sound; the foam bits cover the sound bore, forcing boomy, resonant bass. If your canals are large, it won't happen, but considering how they jab pretty deeply, you are probably hearing a 'mucked up' sound.

I also like the Olives, but they do create a sometimes bewildering bass. They isolate well enough, but unfortunately, they tend to hurt my ears.
With my X5s at least they go in deeply, but they don't disrupt the airflow from the nozzles. The bass is not boomy and quite controlled, as a result of tips, fit and of course the IEMs.

I do not doubt that overall tip choice plays a role in SQ, just don't think Olives are deficient in that department.
post #48 of 103
Thread Starter 
^^ No in fact, the Olives are one of my favourite iem tips, but in comparison, they have a warming effect on sound.
post #49 of 103
Used my 530's on the plane to San Fransisco to go to Monster HQ a couple weeks ago. Came back with some Turbine Pro's and they gave us some of these to test drive. Used the Turbine Pro with these tips on them the whole plane ride back and noticed almost no difference in long term comfort or noise isolation compared to my 530's with Shure Olives on. There was a bit more of the airplane rumble that was let in, but not enough to really booger up the SQ. They fit my TF10Pro's as well, and work better than Comply tips for me.
post #50 of 103
Shig, did you try these with the FAD 1601's?? How did they sound?
post #51 of 103
im lovin these tips alot
post #52 of 103
Will they fit the AT-CK10? I'm currently using Comply's or Sony Hybrid's. The sony's seal well and are pretty comfy but still prone to move.
post #53 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrclkd View Post
Will they fit the AT-CK10? I'm currently using Comply's or Sony Hybrid's. The sony's seal well and are pretty comfy but still prone to move.
They do fit the CK10, but not 100% snug. Probably about 95% or so. They are made for the thinner Monster Nozzle which is great considering the CK10 is also thin and flangeless.

@Firzoe: I did try them with the 1601SS, but I found (sorry), that they are no better in terms of sound. I am one of the ones who likes the steel tips the best, or low density foams just to hold them into place.
post #54 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
They do fit the CK10, but not 100% snug. Probably about 95% or so. They are made for the thinner Monster Nozzle which is great considering the CK10 is also thin and flangeless.

@Firzoe: I did try them with the 1601SS, but I found (sorry), that they are no better in terms of sound. I am one of the ones who likes the steel tips the best, or low density foams just to hold them into place.
So, Shigzeo, are going to be reviewing any earphones anytime soon?
I like your reivews, so just wanted to ask.
post #55 of 103
My guess is that an e-Q7 might be coming sometime in the future
post #56 of 103
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the kind words.

I will be reviewing the e-Q7, but more importantly is a totally unique earphone called the Radius, a dynamic earphone with two drivers! I've been messing around with them (get your minds out of the gutter) for a couple of weeks and may be ready by next week to write a lot.

One driver is 15mm and the other 7mm - excellent, and surprisingly, not too bassy!
post #57 of 103
WOW! I've been wondering about a multi dynamic, didnt think they could really get it done w/in the confines. I still think a moving armature is the way to go if they could add a bit more dynamic character to it.

Can't wait Shig!
post #58 of 103
Thread Starter 
As much as a moving armature is good (is that what is used in the e-Q7), it still doesn't move air as much as a dynamic. Those who crave tactile music will miss it on moving armatures.

This thread should get back on track.

Monster emailed me and said mine are prototypes. The new ones are sealed from stem to tip and shouldn't come apart.

Also, they may (with enough requests) consider opening the tips for individual sale.
post #59 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

I will be reviewing the e-Q7, but more importantly is a totally unique earphone called the Radius, a dynamic earphone with two drivers! I've been messing around with them (get your minds out of the gutter) for a couple of weeks and may be ready by next week to write a lot.

One driver is 15mm and the other 7mm - excellent, and surprisingly, not too bassy!
Finally someone picked up a set! I've been waiting to see who would bite first. They do look absolutely hideous in photos. So bad, in fact, that they simply must look better in person. Glad we'll hear the first words of praise (or condemnation) from you.
post #60 of 103
me want....
Considering Monster's track record of pricing, it wouldn't surprise me the Supertips to cost a lot more than the Comply's or Shure olives..... Still, I hope they become available soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Monster Supertips - Foam hybrid masterpieces