It is not about pretty cables. All about what compliments the gear you have. You do need to do a little homework to learn what will compliment your rig.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- How on earth do I stop breaking my cables?? (Which IEM cable has the BEST build quality?) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Newbie Cable issues Last post on 1/1/13 at 4:46pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- mini to RCA cable suggestion Last post on 2/8/13 at 4:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm short cable Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:46pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Amazon review of Denon cable lol Last post on 12/20/12 at 6:05pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Hi End Cables
How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am not here to sell you anything. What is your point? Just a realist. I know what sounds good on my rig. Don't need an approval from a scientist to say so. Not afraid to spend money on my rig when i need to.
I know. But I do have to give my opinion here. I don't want newbies thinking everything is said here is true, because it isn't.
To me, is like homeopathic medicine: lots of mystery, paucity of objectivity.
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:24pm
Understand your point gilancy. My point is if you give your honest opinion good or bad, it is still good opinion. With the gear you audition or use, it is a good opinion. To me every post is an opinion. Take it or leave it. Yes I do agree with some and disagree. It is all good.
`A fanatic is one who can`t change his mind and won`t change the subject`-Winston Churchill.
BigPoppa, you are a good guy, even if we disagree.
An opinion can be misleading though, and if that is the case, then is bad.
I guess what bothers me here sometimes is the lack of critical thinking. I take it all with a grain of salt. A healthy dose of skepticism is always good to have around.
Always question, always look for data. Empirical evidence is what it is, unproven.
And since when a fanatic is somebody with an inquisitive mind?
Don't criticize the scientific method, criticize the lack of evidence. I would easily change my mind if you show me the beef. Where is the beef?
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:58pm
fa·nat·ic[fuh-nat-ik] Show IPA
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot,militant, devotee refer to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic. Zealot, only slightly less unfavorable in implication than fanatic, implies single-minded partisanship: a tireless zealot for tax reform. Militant stresses vigorous, aggressive support for or opposition to a plan or ideal and suggests a combative stance. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view: a jazz devotee.
- How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Hello World 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)