It is not about pretty cables. All about what compliments the gear you have. You do need to do a little homework to learn what will compliment your rig.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Can i use a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter for a pair of ath m40xs Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- How on earth do I stop breaking my cables?? (Which IEM cable has the BEST build quality?) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any Opinions on Fixing? Last post on 10/16/14 at 11:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Cables Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No more tangled wires. Last post on 7/9/14 at 4:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
- Hi End Cables
How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am not here to sell you anything. What is your point? Just a realist. I know what sounds good on my rig. Don't need an approval from a scientist to say so. Not afraid to spend money on my rig when i need to.
I know. But I do have to give my opinion here. I don't want newbies thinking everything is said here is true, because it isn't.
To me, is like homeopathic medicine: lots of mystery, paucity of objectivity.
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:24pm
Understand your point gilancy. My point is if you give your honest opinion good or bad, it is still good opinion. With the gear you audition or use, it is a good opinion. To me every post is an opinion. Take it or leave it. Yes I do agree with some and disagree. It is all good.
`A fanatic is one who can`t change his mind and won`t change the subject`-Winston Churchill.
BigPoppa, you are a good guy, even if we disagree.
An opinion can be misleading though, and if that is the case, then is bad.
I guess what bothers me here sometimes is the lack of critical thinking. I take it all with a grain of salt. A healthy dose of skepticism is always good to have around.
Always question, always look for data. Empirical evidence is what it is, unproven.
And since when a fanatic is somebody with an inquisitive mind?
Don't criticize the scientific method, criticize the lack of evidence. I would easily change my mind if you show me the beef. Where is the beef?
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:58pm
fa·nat·ic[fuh-nat-ik] Show IPA
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot,militant, devotee refer to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic. Zealot, only slightly less unfavorable in implication than fanatic, implies single-minded partisanship: a tireless zealot for tax reform. Militant stresses vigorous, aggressive support for or opposition to a plan or ideal and suggests a combative stance. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view: a jazz devotee.
- How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FS: Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10 VI UETF10VI w/new unsused VI cable... 6 seconds ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 6 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 45 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 46 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 57 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2