It is not about pretty cables. All about what compliments the gear you have. You do need to do a little homework to learn what will compliment your rig.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- How on earth do I stop breaking my cables?? (Which IEM cable has the BEST build quality?) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What's the best USB audio cable for the money? Last post on 5/27/14 at 8:42pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audio Newbie Cable issues Last post on 1/1/13 at 4:46pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- mini to RCA cable suggestion Last post on 2/8/13 at 4:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm short cable Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:46pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Hi End Cables
How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am not here to sell you anything. What is your point? Just a realist. I know what sounds good on my rig. Don't need an approval from a scientist to say so. Not afraid to spend money on my rig when i need to.
I know. But I do have to give my opinion here. I don't want newbies thinking everything is said here is true, because it isn't.
To me, is like homeopathic medicine: lots of mystery, paucity of objectivity.
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:24pm
Understand your point gilancy. My point is if you give your honest opinion good or bad, it is still good opinion. With the gear you audition or use, it is a good opinion. To me every post is an opinion. Take it or leave it. Yes I do agree with some and disagree. It is all good.
`A fanatic is one who can`t change his mind and won`t change the subject`-Winston Churchill.
BigPoppa, you are a good guy, even if we disagree.
An opinion can be misleading though, and if that is the case, then is bad.
I guess what bothers me here sometimes is the lack of critical thinking. I take it all with a grain of salt. A healthy dose of skepticism is always good to have around.
Always question, always look for data. Empirical evidence is what it is, unproven.
And since when a fanatic is somebody with an inquisitive mind?
Don't criticize the scientific method, criticize the lack of evidence. I would easily change my mind if you show me the beef. Where is the beef?
Edited by gilency - 8/1/10 at 7:58pm
fa·nat·ic[fuh-nat-ik] Show IPA
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot,militant, devotee refer to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic. Zealot, only slightly less unfavorable in implication than fanatic, implies single-minded partisanship: a tireless zealot for tax reform. Militant stresses vigorous, aggressive support for or opposition to a plan or ideal and suggests a combative stance. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view: a jazz devotee.
- How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with xbox 360? 5 minutes ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)