- 1,577 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- How to get in touch with ultimate ears service? Last post on 1/22/12 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A companion to sleep on the side with? Yes, I AM in the right forum! ;-) Last post on 10/8/11 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST TIPS FOR JVC FX500 ? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE700 : the musical pill Last post on 8/24/11 at 3:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
ultimate ears 700 - Page 2post #16 of 254/5/10 at 11:01am^ Does sound quality improve?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/6/10 at 6:09amThread Starterwell, the sound quality remains the same, ie, good, but still distorts at rubbishly low volume.
i have tried it straight out the back of my soundcard, sansa clip+ mp3, iphone.
all the same.
i went running with the on last night, with the sony earbuds they didnt fall out !!post #18 of 257/17/10 at 10:44pm
the ue700 is a great iem.
check the equalizer, the tips, or anything blocking inside the tips, or check the wiring of your ue700.
try also asking ue in their hotline regarding your concern...
they might help you replace that.
they are well detailed iems, should sound their best!post #19 of 257/17/10 at 11:16pmpost #20 of 257/21/10 at 9:39am
you're not getting a proper seal (hence the earphones falling out) and your cranking up the volume to compensate. That's why they sound like garbage. The fact that you're complaining about how they sound AT FULL VOLUME tells me something's wrong here. You shouldnt be listening to something w/ that low impedance at full voume if proper seal is achieved.post #21 of 257/21/10 at 2:25pm
Not going to speculate on the problem, but there clearly is a unique issue here. I've had the 700s for a couple of months now, and I may actually have begun to prefer them to my SE530s and Image X10s. And believe me, I know how to CRANK them UP, and no hint of distortion. The falling out issue is separate problem, I've found the Shure tri-flanges work great and sound better than anything else (gets rid of some sibilance the phones used to have).post #22 of 257/24/10 at 9:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by vranswer
Not going to speculate on the problem, but there clearly is a unique issue here. I've had the 700s for a couple of months now, and I may actually have begun to prefer them to my SE530s and Image X10s. And believe me, I know how to CRANK them UP, and no hint of distortion. The falling out issue is separate problem, I've found the Shure tri-flanges work great and sound better than anything else (gets rid of some sibilance the phones used to have).
You prefer them over the X10, I have the X10 too! Now I'm sure that i'm gonna get the 700spost #23 of 259/9/10 at 12:07pmpost #24 of 258/6/11 at 4:36pmiPhones have an impedance of 32 ohm. Whereas UE 700s are 40 ohm. I have the same issue with distortion. I use the them with ipod touch 4th gen and the 700s distort at about 80-90% volume ( depending on genre ). On some tracks they don't distort at all and can go very loud.
I believe it's something with amplification / sound card. In professional audio field apple devices are well known for crappy sound quality. I can confirm this. When I use my 700s on my computer they sound more cleaner and don't distort at all. All frequencies are controlled better and sound stage becomes wider. Bear in mind the sound card is onboard but is way still better than iPhones.
My next move is to purchase an amplifier that is specifically designed for iPhones and iPods. ( Fiio E1 iPod amplifier )post #25 of 258/6/11 at 6:36pm
I generally don't like the new UE products and have gone so far as to boycott them despite using them since I was 16.
However the 700's are actually good IEMs and they are night and day better than what you're probably used to in almost every regard.
I came here to suggest that it's likely that you got a defective pair. My original pair had the problems you were describing and after reading all this awesome stuff about how good they were and how they were the SF5 Pro + some ergo and cable improvements, of course I had to have one!
Everything sounded really tinny and it felt like I had broken drivers. The internal wiring is very sensitive and if you've ever opened up an IEM like I have, there are a few ways for things to go wrong.
Have them looked at by Logitech/UE and they'll set you straight, the UE700's are no slouch especially at loud volumes, but yes due to their sensitivity they will distort ONLY if your source doesn't put out clean power. The SNR of an ipod is quesitonable and I 've found that you really get distortion out of any headphone at that sort of volume. My Zune personally didn't have any problems but the point is that you don't have what seems to be a working pair.
I don't think it's a seal issue, they're very easy to fit and I don't doubt your ability to wear them properly at all, I just think you have a wonky pair that I regret is causing you some difficulties.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears 700
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 19 seconds ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 55 seconds ago
- › O2 headamp output booster & modification PCB 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 ( mint + unused velour and canare cables ) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob