New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Local meet in Brighton UK. - Page 2

post #16 of 41
August? o_O
post #17 of 41
Hi guys.

That's a 'school' night. I live about 150 miles away so I'm probably out for a mid week evening meet in Brighton. I drove 300 miles round trip to Manchester last year but that was an all day event with stay over.

Sounds like a good local initiative though.

Have fun.

Sceptre
post #18 of 41
If it was later or earlier in the week then potentially I could take a long weekend off work and be there. My parents have a flat in Brighton Marina they let us borrow from time to time.
post #19 of 41
Thread Starter 
I know midweek is more difficult unless people are local. However it's a busy pub, weekends would be too busy and noisy for it to work.
Mondays are out because of quiz night!

So it has to be midweek.

As for travelling distances to come, it never occured to me anyone would want to. If anyone does want to stay over the pub has rooms and I can get discounted rates. As I have never done this before I am not sure what numbers I should be expecting so any hints as to stuff I need to consider before august would be great!
post #20 of 41
gregvet,
I did one in a pub and monday night is pretty dead, but if you're final on Wednesday, go for it. Plenty of opportunity for more UK meets in the future.

I organised a mini-meet in a pub in London, the only thing I would suggest is setting an area away from the tables used for people's gear for people to put their soft drinks or pints and to bring some paper table cloths for the tables so it is all clean.
post #21 of 41
Thread Starter 
I got confused earlier, Tuesday is quiz night, Monday is open mike night so really not an option for the mini meet.
I am going to stick with Wednesday and see what happens.

On another note, graham slee has agreed to let me borrow the full range of amps he produces, including the new ultra linear. So if anyone wants to hear these in comparison to one another, it's going to be your best opportunity.
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregvet View Post
I got confused earlier, Tuesday is quiz night, Monday is open mike night so really not an option for the mini meet.
I am going to stick with Wednesday and see what happens.

On another note, graham slee has agreed to let me borrow the full range of amps he produces, including the new ultra linear. So if anyone wants to hear these in comparison to one another, it's going to be your best opportunity.
ooh but surely we can give a head-fi rendition of 'I did it my way'??
post #23 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyGCSE View Post
ooh but surely we can give a head-fi rendition of 'I did it my way'??
Well if I were to sing everyone in the building would need to be wearing headphones, but thats not how I intend to make this evening a success!
post #24 of 41
I live in London and will also be keen! No beer over my gear please!!
post #25 of 41
Am also based in London so could potentially make it down to Brighton. Unless of course we could do a London meet up?
post #26 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post
Unless of course we could do a London meet up?
Nice try, but I am not going to organise one in London. Feel free if you would like to do one!

post #27 of 41
Thread Starter 

Only update of any interest today is that Ampcity may be lending an Audio GD DAC or two for the meet. They have also suggested possible coming down themselves to say hello, which would be great!

 

So should be some toys to play with anyway for those who can make it.

post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregvet View Post

Only update of any interest today is that Ampcity may be lending an Audio GD DAC or two for the meet. They have also suggested possible coming down themselves to say hello, which would be great!

 

So should be some toys to play with anyway for those who can make it.


That would be wicked. I will bring my Stagedac and we could finally compared those two highly regarded and good value DACs  head to headyes

post #29 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post




That would be wicked. I will bring my Stagedac and we could finally compared those two highly regarded and good value DACs  head to headyes

 

That's the plan Stan

 


Edited by gregvet - 5/10/10 at 3:11pm
post #30 of 41

I live in SE London and Brighton is only around 55 miles from me, holding the event in a pub sounds like a great idea.


Edited by anadin - 5/11/10 at 1:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: