Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › A Full Review: Ray Samuels Audio - The Protector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Full Review: Ray Samuels Audio - The Protector - Page 5

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRGus723 View Post
Hey Fortis,

I just ordered a balanced TWag from Craig and he sells an adapter (which I bought) that is an RSA female balanced connector to 3.5mm Viablue. So you can just leave the balance cable on your JH Pros and then when you want to use single ended on another amp use the adapter cable to plug RSA male and female together and that is terminated with regular headphone jack.

My concern was spending the money on a cable I could only use with the Protector but now this gives me more flexibility.

Hope this helps
FRGus723
Cool, cheers FRGus , thats made my day, music to my ears you could say!

Is the adaptor still small enough it would be alright for if i had the viablue jack adaptor in my pocket plugged into my Walkman whilst on the go?
post #62 of 81
I'll have it next week and let ya know. I think nc8000 has it as well maybe he can comment
post #63 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRGus723 View Post
I'll have it next week and let ya know. I think nc8000 has it as well maybe he can comment
Thank you, await your impressions.....
post #64 of 81
This is what it looks like. I have only used it as a stop gap with the D10 until the Protector arrived.



post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post
This is what it looks like. I have only used it as a stop gap with the D10 until the Protector arrived.



Thanks nc8000 good photos there.

I think going by that it would be okay in a pocket with just a dap and wandering if that in my jean pocket on the move if the balanced plug connection into adaptor part would get snagged and come out whilst on the move or not?
post #66 of 81
If anything is going to part it will be the 1/8" that will come out of the dap. And the wires/soldering will also break before the balanced plugs part, they are very well stuck together.
post #67 of 81
I have the same adapter for my iPhone and it's great.
post #68 of 81
Is there such a thing as a balanced cable for the UE Triple Fi?
post #69 of 81
I don't think any vendor offer that option but I think you can easily terminate one into balanced setup
post #70 of 81
Would the JH TWag cable fit perhaps ? I know the Westone ES cable does but I'm not sure it the pin size and spacing is exactly the same as JH
post #71 of 81
I have noticed that the Protector is rather sensetive to rf noice. I have a panasonic dect cordless telephone and if the Protector is within about 3' of the phone or base station there will be noticeable noise getting worse the closer the amp gets to either. On the other hand cell phones do not seem to get caught by the Protector. This did not happen when I was using the iBasso D10. Anybody else notice this ?
post #72 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post
I have noticed that the Protector is rather sensetive to rf noice. I have a panasonic dect cordless telephone and if the Protector is within about 3' of the phone or base station there will be noticeable noise getting worse the closer the amp gets to either. On the other hand cell phones do not seem to get caught by the Protector. This did not happen when I was using the iBasso D10. Anybody else notice this ?
My D10 is more sensitive to my iPhone than my Protector, but I haven't had my Dect home phones close to my amps so I don't know about those.
post #73 of 81
Yes the D10 picks up my Iphone but not my dect phone. It is the opposite with the Protector. I guess it has to do with at what frequencies the different phones operate
post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

Perfect! Thank you. Been working with Craig and now have 2 balanced TWags. Great guy. Now all I need is a second Protector. Trying to figure out how to burn in two set ups with only one amp. Hmmm?!?
RL
post #75 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post
Yes the D10 picks up my Iphone but not my dect phone. It is the opposite with the Protector. I guess it has to do with at what frequencies the different phones operate
I've had an iphone around me that was on edge and it was interfereing with my protector. Aside from that I rarely hear interference. I always keep it in the bag though so I might line it with some emi protection to see if it makes a difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › A Full Review: Ray Samuels Audio - The Protector