Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) - Page 6

post #76 of 1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelek45 View Post
I guess the problem lays in different reference points. I mostly use Stax and IE8, both are extremely smooth, liquid, non aggressive, silky, etc. People who listen mostly to armatures, got used to aggressive sound.

Also (it is different discussion) but i think armature phones don't reproduce treble correctly (all of them). They tend to be either not very resolving on top, or sibilant, and metallic. I'm very allergic to this. e-Q7 is definitely not worst of armatures, but it just not the step up, as I expected it to be. [...]
So the sound signature of BA drivers generally isn't a good fit for how you like to hear music?
post #77 of 1763
 

deleted


Edited by lelek45 - 3/15/11 at 8:28am
post #78 of 1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
james444-
So would you say the treble is definitely smoother and less fatiguing than with the FX500's? I'm just curious because I think you feel differently about it than javajive, who commented initially that the treble presentation was the same as the FX500's for him, with the same hotness.

I'm highly curious about these, but if they do have any of that harshness/sizzle in the upper end, they'd be a no-go for me....


Edit-
Dangit, I have a sickness.... I ordered them. I have to hear for myself. If I find them too hot for my liking, I'll simply post them FS.
haha,we cant control ourselves,can we?i am on the fence of getting the qrtofons,i almost ordered them,i need to see what the hype is about..
post #79 of 1763
lol. thank goodness I have no desire to buy anything more I gotta stop going to the FS threads actually since that would probably cure most of it.

the more impressions the better
post #80 of 1763
Apart from PriceJapan, Seyo Shop which is recommended by a lot is also selling this FX700, at a price of $320, adds in $12 for shipping to States, which will be $332, which is also $2 less than the price last I saw from PriceJapan. I wanna get this, but then if i get it, i wont have money to pay mine rent till May...

The link to Seyo Shop:
SEYO-shop.com*»*Headphones*»*JVC-Victor*»*JVC-Victor HA-FX700
post #81 of 1763
Well @ cn11 and James, I'm going to live through you guys on this one: MUST..RESIST..THE PULL OF THE FORCE!! But I can't wait for more impressions from you @ James and Chris' initial impressions.... Happy listening!
post #82 of 1763
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
james444-
So would you say the treble is definitely smoother and less fatiguing than with the FX500's? I'm just curious because I think you feel differently about it than javajive, who commented initially that the treble presentation was the same as the FX500's for him, with the same hotness.

I'm highly curious about these, but if they do have any of that harshness/sizzle in the upper end, they'd be a no-go for me....


Edit-
Dangit, I have a sickness.... I ordered them. I have to hear for myself. If I find them too hot for my liking, I'll simply post them FS.
LOL, looking forward to your comparison with the MDs.
I was very close to pulling the trigger on these, but went for the FX700 in a last-minute decision.

Concerning treble, I don't think I'm misjudging. IMO the most striking difference between FX500 and FX700 is improved treble quality. javajive said they were similarly bright and I second that as far as extension is concerned. But smoothness, detail, refinement are by far better on the FX700. Regretfully I still haven't found time for more A/B comparisons, but from memory I'd say the only dynamic driver IEMs I've heard that have similar treble quality are the RE252. So I'm reasonable certain you won't be disappointed, but then again, everybody hears things a bit differently.
post #83 of 1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
LOL, looking forward to your comparison with the MDs.
I was very close to pulling the trigger on these, but went for the FX700 in a last-minute decision.

Concerning treble, I don't think I'm misjudging. IMO the most striking difference between FX500 and FX700 is improved treble quality. javajive said they were similarly bright and I second that as far as extension is concerned. But smoothness, detail, refinement are by far better on the FX700. Regretfully I still haven't found time for more A/B comparisons, but from memory I'd say the only dynamic driver IEMs I've heard that have similar treble quality are the RE252. So I'm reasonable certain you won't be disappointed, but then again, everybody hears things a bit differently.
Hey James, how would you compare the treble on FX 700 to that of IE8? Does burn in help improve the sound of the FX500? I'm ooking forward to your impression on Fx700 after it has fully burned in
post #84 of 1763
james-
Many thanks for the clarification on the treble... I'm looking forward to hearing these. I will compare them to the MD's and post up some impressions once they're burned in. It's exciting to hear that they maintain the treble extension and detail from the FX500's while smoothing it out, and improve the recessed mids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
LOL, looking forward to your comparison with the MDs.
I was very close to pulling the trigger on these, but went for the FX700 in a last-minute decision.

Concerning treble, I don't think I'm misjudging. IMO the most striking difference between FX500 and FX700 is improved treble quality. javajive said they were similarly bright and I second that as far as extension is concerned. But smoothness, detail, refinement are by far better on the FX700. Regretfully I still haven't found time for more A/B comparisons, but from memory I'd say the only dynamic driver IEMs I've heard that have similar treble quality are the RE252. So I'm reasonable certain you won't be disappointed, but then again, everybody hears things a bit differently.
post #85 of 1763
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonhua90 View Post
Hey James, how would you compare the treble on FX 700 to that of IE8? Does burn in help improve the sound of the FX500? I'm ooking forward to your impression on Fx700 after it has fully burned in
Hi, I already did a short comparison between IE8 and FX700:

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
From brief A/Bing the FX700 are partly comparable, yet still quite different. I love the IE8's vast soundstage - like I already said, the FX700's presentation is different, but to me no less attractive. Bass has great extension and authority on the FX700, even closer to full sized phones than the IE8's. The mids and highs are detailed, delicate and slightly more forward and involving on the FX700, whereas the IE8 is more laid-back and relaxed. Someone once wrote about the IE8 that it sounds as if you're sitting further back in the concert hall, and I second that. The FX700 put you closer to the performance and the overall sound signature is clearer with more attention to detail, but they still sound very spatial and certainly not condensed to my ears.
As for the FX500, the treble on mine is still rather harsh after several hundred hours playtime. The filter mod makes a greater difference than burn-in IMO, smoothening the treble and bringing out the mids. Yet, compared to the FX700 even the modded FX500 are noticably less resolving, with cymbals sounding much more true to life on the FX700.
post #86 of 1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
Hi, I already did a short comparison between IE8 and FX700:

As for the FX500, the treble on mine is still rather harsh after several hundred hours playtime. The filter mod makes a greater difference than burn-in IMO, smoothening the treble and bringing out the mids. Yet, compared to the FX700 even the modded FX500 are noticably less resolving, with cymbals sounding much more true to life on the FX700.
Thanks for your impression, so would you classify FX700 as a warm IEM? IE8 is a tad too warm to my taste...
Regarding the resolution and details on FX700, could you easily pinpoint the position of each instruments (like where the drummer is in relation to the vocalist)? So between FX500 and the FX700, apart from the improved highs and mids, the overall presentation is still the same right?
post #87 of 1763
Thread Starter 
^ Here's my detailed comparison between FX500 and FX700, there are some additional differences, but you're right the overall presentation is similar.

And yes, I would classify the FX700 as rather warm, but the IE8 has more emphasis on mid bass. If the IE8 is only a tad too warm for your taste, you might still like the FX700, but if you distinctly prefer neutral sounding IEMs, I wouldn't recommend it. However, soundstage, seperation and positioning of instruments are very good IMO.
post #88 of 1763
Thanks for the detailed review James.

Great, now there's another IEM to consider! Regarding the size/weight of these (which I think you alluded to them being heavier/larger then the FX500's), was there any issue in getting a good fit? Are the included tips adequate or are you using something else to get the fit you like?

I checked Seyo shop this past weekend and they weren't listing them, and bang, this thread gets hopping and they now have them.
post #89 of 1763
Seyo is where I ordered....
post #90 of 1763
Seyo has it at 280USD... That's much more palatable than 280EUR.

Muuuust resist. I only just got the D2000 2 hours ago
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)