Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) - Page 117

post #1741 of 1761
The EX1000 is just as good in the timbre department.
post #1742 of 1761

can anyone suggest any tips to improve  the sound stage ?

post #1743 of 1761

The Fx700 has the worst bass/midbass distortion out of nearly everything I have listened to. utterly terrible for clean sub sine tone types of bass from deep house EDM. I believe someone measured the harmonic distortion and it was pretty terrible. From the moment I first heard them I honestly thought they were faulty but the replacements were exactly the same.

 

Because I listen to mainly synthesised deep subbass orientated EDM the purchase of these has been one of my worst. If I mainly listened to rock music then it would be a different story as the distortion is hidden somewhat for those genres.

post #1744 of 1761

Yep, bass quality is not FX700's strength, although I found it pretty decent after my ears adjusted to the sound a bit. This IEM has other strengths, such as very high resolution, sweet mids and highs with a realistic timbre, great dynamics, and a nice, wide, airy soundstage.

post #1745 of 1761
In addition to all that, what I think impressed me very subtly is that they sounded very effortless.
post #1746 of 1761

It definitely does have a lot of strengths in the higher frequencies but to me the highs feel so distant and different to the bass, its as if the device was a shoddy a two way design. I would just never recommend them to anyone who listens to pure tone types of kick and bass (mostly just the fundamental frequencies and not many harmonics). The distortion will create the harmonics that simply wern't there, hence very obvious. If anyone is interested in finding out just how bad it is, run some sine tones below 80hz and prepare to cringe.

post #1747 of 1761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminence View Post

If anyone is interested in finding out just how bad it is, run some sine tones below 80hz and prepare to cringe.

 

I've tried this but failed to hear anything unusual on my FX700 at normal listening volume.

post #1748 of 1761

Hello everybody

 

Are Monster tips suitable for fx700?

 

Also from where can I buy sony LL tips?

 

My ear is small but my canal is big  confused_face(1).gif

post #1749 of 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I've tried this but failed to hear anything unusual on my FX700 at normal listening volume.

Well you shouldnt hear much at all since its fairly low frequency. If you can really hear it then you are probably hearing the distortion. Again though this is my experience and as others have said humidity may makr things different.  It may also depend on which specific frequency.

 

My FX700 seam to be better today for some reason.

post #1750 of 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminence View Post

Well you shouldnt hear much at all since its fairly low frequency. If you can really hear it then you are probably hearing the distortion. Again though this is my experience and as others have said humidity may makr things different.  It may also depend on which specific frequency.

 

My FX700 seam to be better today for some reason.

 

What IEM would you say is better than the FX700 (no budget constraints)?

post #1751 of 1761
Just bought myself a pair of these after such a long time. Couldnt pass up the price. $228USD shipped to Aus, ive had the FX500 in the past. They were the only IEM that got my feet tapping and made me wanna shake it while walking down the road. I didnt think i would buy into many headphones or iem's again. But the JVC sound is one that has stuck in the back of my mind for a long long time.
post #1752 of 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

Just bought myself a pair of these after such a long time. Couldnt pass up the price. $228USD shipped to Aus, ive had the FX500 in the past. They were the only IEM that got my feet tapping and made me wanna shake it while walking down the road. I didnt think i would buy into many headphones or iem's again. But the JVC sound is one that has stuck in the back of my mind for a long long time.

 

what do you think about them??

 

I still wish I had mine on a daily basis, after losing my pair... although I'm really satisfied with the fxz-200's for the time being

post #1753 of 1761
Oh im waiting on the to arrive still smily_headphones1.gif was originally looking at the fxz100's because of the price. But the fact they need an amp to sound amazing put me off a little. I might grab a pair down the track to see how they hold up against the 700s.
Edited by Townyj - 6/21/13 at 8:32am
post #1754 of 1761

.


Edited by Mormonsloot - 9/3/13 at 1:35pm
post #1755 of 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

I've tried this but failed to hear anything unusual on my FX700 at normal listening volume.

 

same here :D

 

simply one the best sounding IEM around here

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)