Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Gilmore Lite (What do to?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gilmore Lite (What do to?) - Page 3

post #31 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by intricate28 View Post

Ok so some news: Since it's been near the wait time for a GS-1, Justin is just going to make me one of those this week.

 

Now if he could only build them for the people who have been waiting patiently for up to a year with many slipped delivery dates
 

post #32 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpz View Post

Yeah damn, you have got to be one of the luckiest head-fiers around...  I've put down full payment for a GS-1 and still waiting...

 

Its been over 5 months now... Justin said it would have been done last weekend... but still no reply

 

 

:(

OMG so long?? I feel sorry for you, I would have never ordered a product if I knew it would take so long.
 

post #33 of 85

I don't know why you guys believe anything posted here.  Yes he changed his order from a Gilmore Lite to a GS-1, and was added at the END of the GS-1 build list.  Which I am working on this week now that I have all the parts.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #34 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

I don't know why you guys believe anything posted here.


Indeed. Post #33, for example.

post #35 of 85

If you a guy orders a GS1 ahead of a guy that orders the Pico, The GS1 should be built first.. Maybe he is doing that, but it doesn't look like it.. The GS1 is a great amp, but not waiting 6-8 months to a yr great..

post #36 of 85

Well if you like the neutral Gilmore sound than nothing in my eyes would do short of a B22 when it comes to transparency.

Although admittedly I haven't been following the Auditor, Phonitor, Grace M902 or other 'studio reference' amps,

I must say I really appreciate the simplistic 'no frills' wire-with-gain' approach. (and find it sounds great with my YH100 orthos too).

 

BTW Justin is a one-man operation and his ability to be productive is actually a direct result of the speed it takes for other companies to supply him with parts,

combinded with the fact that it is much less cost-efficent from a manufacturing perspective to keep a lot of large GS-1 parts around as opposed to a lot of small Pico, Pico Slim and Pico DAC parts around... especially when the smaller wares sell quicker.
 

Furthermore, props to Justin for still keeping with and building all of these amps for us and still building the Blue Hawaii's etc... a huge amount of work for one person - Too bad some BH owners have waited 2 years, but I really hope you understand that

you're waiting for the most precision manufactured piece of equipment in the biz.


Edited by dreamwhisper - 5/13/10 at 12:33am
post #37 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo Acid View Post




Indeed. Post #33, for example.


This is the funniest post I ever read lol!!!

post #38 of 85
Thread Starter 
Ok guys, There is no need to slam Justin. He is currently under the gun to build a grip of pre ordered Pico Slims. Also, to clarify, I never said that I got a free upgrade. People came to that assumption themselves, and I work too much to moniter this thread every day. I'm also not jumping in front of anyone on the GS-1 list. From what I understand, Justin received parts to fill the GS-1 orders and has the extra parts to make an additional one (guessing a cancelation). Since this is going to take him less time than my previous order was going to take him to fill, I asked him to change it (even though it's not the color I prefer). So please don't turn this into a thrash on him, because it's not warrented. I apologize if any of the confusion was due to me not being specific enough. That being said, I hope that the commitment to filling the GS-1 orders this week are still valid. I switched my order based solely on this fact, and I also have been paid in full since I ordered.. I completely understand if others are before me, and mine is last to be made, but I couldn't imagine waiting a year like some claim to have (I'm guessing this is an exaggeration). For those of you recieving your GS-1's this week please post when you get a shipping confirmation. Will give the rest of us some hope!
Edited by intricate28 - 5/14/10 at 2:56am
post #39 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by intricate28 View Post

I completely understand if others are before me, and mine is last to be made, but I couldn't imagine waiting a year like some claim to have (I'm guessing this is an exaggeration).

 

Guess again.
 

post #40 of 85
Thread Starter 
Ouch man. I'm sorry to hear that. Has Justin given you a reason as to why the wait has been so long. Though he has been pretty hard to get ahold of, when I have gotten him he has had an explanation for the delays, and I never got the feeling I would be waiting that long. Did you ever ask him for a firm delivery commitment.
post #41 of 85

Which needs to be explained by Justin to let the customer know up front. If Justin can't make the deadline he should inform the customer ASAP!! If you can read worried customers emails then you can reply to them. Sorry if that sounds 'harsh' to some..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwhisper View Post

Well if you like the neutral Gilmore sound than nothing in my eyes would do short of a B22 when it comes to transparency.

Although admittedly I haven't been following the Auditor, Phonitor, Grace M902 or other 'studio reference' amps,

I must say I really appreciate the simplistic 'no frills' wire-with-gain' approach. (and find it sounds great with my YH100 orthos too).

 

BTW Justin is a one-man operation and his ability to be productive is actually a direct result of the speed it takes for other companies to supply him with parts,

combinded with the fact that it is much less cost-efficent from a manufacturing perspective to keep a lot of large GS-1 parts around as opposed to a lot of small Pico, Pico Slim and Pico DAC parts around... especially when the smaller wares sell quicker.
 

Furthermore, props to Justin for still keeping with and building all of these amps for us and still building the Blue Hawaii's etc... a huge amount of work for one person - Too bad some BH owners have waited 2 years, but I really hope you understand that

you're waiting for the most precision manufactured piece of equipment in the biz.

post #42 of 85
Thread Starter 

Anyone get a shipping confirmation this last week?

post #43 of 85

Pass whatever you're smoking this way, intricate28. Because you clearly must be high, or at the very least not paying attention if you so strongly believe that you're getting a GS-1 any time soon that you've put it in your signature.

post #44 of 85
Thread Starter 

I spoke personally to Justin and trust that he will be living up to his commitment to fill the backlogged GS-1's. Whether that is this week or sometime in the near future is fine. I really can't see such a well respected member of this community saying he is going to do something and not living up to it. True he gets behind on stuff, but we all know how large his demand is. No need to be inflammatory, why not think positively and assume that he is catching up with his backlog?

post #45 of 85

Discussion of religion is prohibited at Head-Fi, period.  Keep it on topic.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Gilmore Lite (What do to?)