- 234 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Tucson. Az.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 3/22/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser PX 90 Portable On-Ear Headphone with Powerful Basstagged by System, 3/22/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-570LP/GRN Headphones (Green)tagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-770LP Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy sony hybrid tips in the UK Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 200$ closed caps for iPhone usage. Last post on 1/25/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best eartip for Monster Turbine Pro Coppers??? Last post on 1/8/12 at 11:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Folding, open, travel phones, Ultrasone 15-G sound? Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Info. on New Sony Portablespost #1 of 43/28/10 at 1:15pmThread StarterI was wondering if anyone out there had any SQ info. on Sony's New Portable Headphones the MDR-570LP and and the MDR-770LP? The MDR-570LP received a good review in headfonia.com and I was just interested in any other opinions on SQ. They both look very interesting to me!! Never have really liked the SQ for Sony's portable phones in the past, but the SQ is suppose to be quite different than recent offerings from Sony. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/28/10 at 4:06pmThe both are Pre-order on J&R for $49 free shipping and is shown in stock at B&H. I don't think many Head-fier's wanted to pay the import price. There should be some impressions now that it is released in NA.
I would love a headphone the size of the 770 that really performs well. Pipe dream maybe and I really don't expect too much for $50. They could have gone with 40mm drivers on the 770 though. Hopefully they do more than just look good.post #3 of 43/20/11 at 11:56ampost #4 of 43/20/11 at 3:31pm
I bought the 770LP at B&H for $14.95. I mentioned that they look kinda cool. They do in and of themselves just sitting on a table or something. Wearing them, I think they look fairly ugly. Though I feel as if they didn't take into account how they would look when worn, they did design the ear pieces to the shape of the ear and the fit/comfort is great even if the drivers are a bit peanut shaped.
As for the sound, they sound quite good. May benefit from more burn-in but I would rank them second among the latest ultra-portables I've heard. Behind the Q460 and the PX-200-II but slightly ahead of the K430, PX100-II, and the PX90. Q460 is a cut above while the others are quite closely bunched together. The best deal of the bunch by far at the $14.95 price.
Edited by jant71 - 3/20/11 at 3:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Info. on New Sony Portables
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 2 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 58 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 1 minute ago
- › Someone Please Make A SYDNEY Meet up/ Get together!! PLEASEEE!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Laptop or Desktop? 3 minutes ago
- › Deciding on a DAP: Fiio or Sony? 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring Specials 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude