- 251 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Tucson. Az.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 3/22/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser PX 90 Portable On-Ear Headphone with Powerful Basstagged by System, 3/22/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-570LP/GRN Headphones (Green)tagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-770LP Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy sony hybrid tips in the UK Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 200$ closed caps for iPhone usage. Last post on 1/25/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best eartip for Monster Turbine Pro Coppers??? Last post on 1/8/12 at 11:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Folding, open, travel phones, Ultrasone 15-G sound? Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Info. on New Sony Portablespost #1 of 43/28/10 at 1:15pmThread StarterI was wondering if anyone out there had any SQ info. on Sony's New Portable Headphones the MDR-570LP and and the MDR-770LP? The MDR-570LP received a good review in headfonia.com and I was just interested in any other opinions on SQ. They both look very interesting to me!! Never have really liked the SQ for Sony's portable phones in the past, but the SQ is suppose to be quite different than recent offerings from Sony. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/28/10 at 4:06pmThe both are Pre-order on J&R for $49 free shipping and is shown in stock at B&H. I don't think many Head-fier's wanted to pay the import price. There should be some impressions now that it is released in NA.
I would love a headphone the size of the 770 that really performs well. Pipe dream maybe and I really don't expect too much for $50. They could have gone with 40mm drivers on the 770 though. Hopefully they do more than just look good.post #3 of 43/20/11 at 11:56ampost #4 of 43/20/11 at 3:31pm
I bought the 770LP at B&H for $14.95. I mentioned that they look kinda cool. They do in and of themselves just sitting on a table or something. Wearing them, I think they look fairly ugly. Though I feel as if they didn't take into account how they would look when worn, they did design the ear pieces to the shape of the ear and the fit/comfort is great even if the drivers are a bit peanut shaped.
As for the sound, they sound quite good. May benefit from more burn-in but I would rank them second among the latest ultra-portables I've heard. Behind the Q460 and the PX-200-II but slightly ahead of the K430, PX100-II, and the PX90. Q460 is a cut above while the others are quite closely bunched together. The best deal of the bunch by far at the $14.95 price.
Edited by jant71 - 3/20/11 at 3:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Info. on New Sony Portables
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Replacment over Ear Headphones - Advice/Suggestions required 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)