- 251 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Tucson. Az.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 3/22/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser PX 90 Portable On-Ear Headphone with Powerful Basstagged by System, 3/22/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-570LP/GRN Headphones (Green)tagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSony MDR-770LP Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy sony hybrid tips in the UK Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 200$ closed caps for iPhone usage. Last post on 1/25/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best eartip for Monster Turbine Pro Coppers??? Last post on 1/8/12 at 11:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Folding, open, travel phones, Ultrasone 15-G sound? Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Info. on New Sony Portablespost #1 of 43/28/10 at 1:15pmThread StarterI was wondering if anyone out there had any SQ info. on Sony's New Portable Headphones the MDR-570LP and and the MDR-770LP? The MDR-570LP received a good review in headfonia.com and I was just interested in any other opinions on SQ. They both look very interesting to me!! Never have really liked the SQ for Sony's portable phones in the past, but the SQ is suppose to be quite different than recent offerings from Sony. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/28/10 at 4:06pmThe both are Pre-order on J&R for $49 free shipping and is shown in stock at B&H. I don't think many Head-fier's wanted to pay the import price. There should be some impressions now that it is released in NA.
I would love a headphone the size of the 770 that really performs well. Pipe dream maybe and I really don't expect too much for $50. They could have gone with 40mm drivers on the 770 though. Hopefully they do more than just look good.post #3 of 43/20/11 at 11:56ampost #4 of 43/20/11 at 3:31pm
I bought the 770LP at B&H for $14.95. I mentioned that they look kinda cool. They do in and of themselves just sitting on a table or something. Wearing them, I think they look fairly ugly. Though I feel as if they didn't take into account how they would look when worn, they did design the ear pieces to the shape of the ear and the fit/comfort is great even if the drivers are a bit peanut shaped.
As for the sound, they sound quite good. May benefit from more burn-in but I would rank them second among the latest ultra-portables I've heard. Behind the Q460 and the PX-200-II but slightly ahead of the K430, PX100-II, and the PX90. Q460 is a cut above while the others are quite closely bunched together. The best deal of the bunch by far at the $14.95 price.
Edited by jant71 - 3/20/11 at 3:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Info. on New Sony Portables
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 29 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 47 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › audeze lcd x and double helix synergy 8 wire balanced cable 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)