- 229 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Tucson. Az.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy sony hybrid tips in the UK Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 200$ closed caps for iPhone usage. Last post on 1/25/12 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best eartip for Monster Turbine Pro Coppers??? Last post on 1/8/12 at 11:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Folding, open, travel phones, Ultrasone 15-G sound? Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
- Sennheiser PX 90 Portable On-Ear Headphone with...No review yet.
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Info. on New Sony Portablespost #1 of 43/28/10 at 1:15pmThread StarterI was wondering if anyone out there had any SQ info. on Sony's New Portable Headphones the MDR-570LP and and the MDR-770LP? The MDR-570LP received a good review in headfonia.com and I was just interested in any other opinions on SQ. They both look very interesting to me!! Never have really liked the SQ for Sony's portable phones in the past, but the SQ is suppose to be quite different than recent offerings from Sony. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/28/10 at 4:06pmThe both are Pre-order on J&R for $49 free shipping and is shown in stock at B&H. I don't think many Head-fier's wanted to pay the import price. There should be some impressions now that it is released in NA.
I would love a headphone the size of the 770 that really performs well. Pipe dream maybe and I really don't expect too much for $50. They could have gone with 40mm drivers on the 770 though. Hopefully they do more than just look good.post #3 of 43/20/11 at 11:56ampost #4 of 43/20/11 at 3:31pm
I bought the 770LP at B&H for $14.95. I mentioned that they look kinda cool. They do in and of themselves just sitting on a table or something. Wearing them, I think they look fairly ugly. Though I feel as if they didn't take into account how they would look when worn, they did design the ear pieces to the shape of the ear and the fit/comfort is great even if the drivers are a bit peanut shaped.
As for the sound, they sound quite good. May benefit from more burn-in but I would rank them second among the latest ultra-portables I've heard. Behind the Q460 and the PX-200-II but slightly ahead of the K430, PX100-II, and the PX90. Q460 is a cut above while the others are quite closely bunched together. The best deal of the bunch by far at the $14.95 price.
Edited by jant71 - 3/20/11 at 3:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Info. on New Sony Portables
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review just now
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 40 seconds ago
- › What is the best/hottest deal you ever got on headphones? 42 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Any anime series that you've been enjoying? 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › What Do You Think Of Our Recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe