Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??

post #1 of 339
Thread Starter 
I was wondering why this apparently superb ampli doesn't seem to raise enough interst in HeadFi.
Violectric by Lake People

Very few info about it, but in Germany it's considered probably n.1 amp at the moment. It also provides a built in DAC as well (48 kHz / 16 Bit), and the price for this combo sounds fair (€. 850 inner EU, €. 740 for international).
Very soon this Violectric will also come up with a great DAC:
Violectric by Lake People

I'm not experienced enough to make any comparison but I'd love to hear from other people who had the privilege to listen to the HPA V200 how would they rate it vs others amps like Symhony, Linear USB and such...
At the moment I'm still waiting on my T1 and have to make my mind up on what to choose to drive it right
post #2 of 339
I'm want a V100 but not sure if its any better than my Auditor. Prices on the manufacturer's website are higher than what you can find elsewhere. Not sure why.
post #3 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
I'm want a V100 but not sure if its any better than my Auditor. Prices on the manufacturer's website are higher than what you can find elsewhere. Not sure why.
Those are the "advised" prices for the average - yet very small - European store.
Big resellers and online stores can afford lower prices then them of course, and apply them, but the manufacturer does not want to compete with the biggest number of his retailers in Europe.

At least, I think so. That's why manufacturers and resellers write price lists mostly.

Edoardo
post #4 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
I'm want a V100 but not sure if its any better than my Auditor. Prices on the manufacturer's website are higher than what you can find elsewhere. Not sure why.
I am not sure how Auditor drives your cans. It definitely can drive cans like HD800 but not as well as Violectric V100 or V200 .

Out of some dozen of good, recommended amps that I tried when looking for an amp for Sennheiser HD800, V100 (or V200) was the best by a good margin.

Advantages of V100 (V200) according to Lake People:

1. minimum noise because of low internal gain of only + 8 dB

2. best suited for low impedance headphone because of extremely high damping factor (lowest internal impedance)

3. best suited for high impedance headphones because of high internal supply voltage which give about double output voltage .


Axel Grell from Sennheiser is the designer of HD800.
He also listens to his HD800 with his personal HPA V100 !!!
post #5 of 339
Thread Starter 
Would be really interesting having one of those super Skylab reviews on this amp !
Where are you Skylab ? :-))
post #6 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogic View Post
I am not sure how Auditor drives your cans. It definitely can drive cans like HD800 but not as well as Violectric V100 or V200 .

Out of some dozen of good, recommended amps that I tried when looking for an amp for Sennheiser HD800, V100 (or V200) was the best by a good margin.

Advantages of V100 (V200) according to Lake People:

1. minimum noise because of low internal gain of only + 8 dB

2. best suited for low impedance headphone because of extremely high damping factor (lowest internal impedance)

3. best suited for high impedance headphones because of high internal supply voltage which give about double output voltage .


Axel Grell from Sennheiser is the designer of HD800.
He also listens to his HD800 with his personal HPA V100 !!!
Did you post this to piss me off?1?

I have just recently bought the audior for the same price V100 is available- why wasn't I informed earlier this great amp is on the market??aaaaahhh

hehe j/k guys but if I knew this was as good as many of you say I would have bought this instead of the auditor
post #7 of 339
Violectric is totally conceived and built by Lake People.
I've using for more than a year the G100 the top of the line of their professional
headphones amplifiers.Really an excellent amp.Very neutral with plenty of power.
Even if i use my new balanced amp from time to time i still use the g100 to
check some references.
Recommended
post #8 of 339
Since it has two outputs I assume one if for low and one for high impedance headphones. Which one is which?
post #9 of 339
because noone wants to pay so much money to listen to 5532's?
post #10 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca View Post
Violectric is totally conceived and built by Lake People.
I've using for more than a year the G100 the top of the line of their professional
headphones amplifiers.Really an excellent amp.Very neutral with plenty of power.
Even if i use my new balanced amp from time to time i still use the g100 to
check some references.
Recommended

According to Lake People V100 is substantial upgrade of G100 (sonnically) and also built as a tank in a nice alu (front and back are 8mm thick ) here some pics hooked to Aqvox XLR balanced out fed by MacPro through m2tech hiface USB/BNC to XLR and of course HD 800

http://www.shrani.si/f/1i/io/3J577rnL/0.jpg

http://www.shrani.si/f/J/Tw/4dk00iZn/3.jpg

Regular stock cables used. No matter what kind of music V100 and HD800 is a killer combination.
post #11 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogic View Post
According to Lake People V100 is substantial upgrade of G100 (sonnically) and also built as a tank in a nice alu (front and back are 8mm thick ) here some pics hooked to Aqvox XLR balanced out fed by MacPro through m2tech hiface USB/BNC to XLR and of course HD 800

http://www.shrani.si/f/1i/io/3J577rnL/0.jpg

http://www.shrani.si/f/J/Tw/4dk00iZn/3.jpg

Regular stock cables used. No matter what kind of music V100 and HD800 is a killer combination.
Did you order it from Thomann?
post #12 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
because noone wants to pay so much money to listen to 5532's?
LOL, i hope whose are not in the signal path. They say it is a disctrete amplifier, but i've seen those NE5532's too...
post #13 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
Since it has two outputs I assume one if for low and one for high impedance headphones. Which one is which?
from the manual:

At the back of the amp there are two dip switches (one for each channel) :
alowing switchable input gain in five steps.

Have not tried yet, but both front ins are probably identical. (i.e. if you use same cans model ).
post #14 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
Did you order it from Thomann?
Nope. Directly from Lake People. Why ? Beacause I like ordering from source and Bodensee (lake) people attitude toward custumers is top notch.
Use the email from their web site.
post #15 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogic View Post
Nope. Directly from Lake People. Why ? Beacause I like ordering from source and Bodensee (lake) people attitude toward custumers is top notch.
Use the email from their web site.
Well because I found there to be cheaper (Thomann). Are shipping costs included in the price or is it extra?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??