- 640 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: San Antonio, Tx
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Monster PRO Gold VS Pro Copper Last post on 10/16/10 at 3:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine PRO GOLD and PRO COPPER Last post on 1/20/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help to choose IEM for 100$ limit Last post on 10/15/10 at 11:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the difference between Monster Turbine Pro Copper/ Gold ??? Last post on 9/11/10 at 2:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hey Guys, New here and need a little help with IEMs! Last post on 9/21/10 at 8:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster Turbine Gold vs Copper - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hybrids are great and I've heard the work well on the Golds. And yes, the bass is the boomy part. If you wan't to get simpler, Bass is the lowest notes, midrange is the middle stuff, and treble is the high stuff. There is also Sub-Bass, which is the very lowest notes that are often more felt than they are heard. And although you can never get a full-body sensation from IEMs, sub-bass can still be very impressive with some of them. I can't think of any IEM that could possibly be explicitly better for those genres than the turbine Gold, except some bass-tuned customs perhaps.
Can you give me some links to buy the Hybrids.
anyway this is from amazon:
Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black): Electronics
What are the differences..? Which pair are better? Is there a big noticeable difference between the two?
I listen to techno, hip hop and love bass (booming sounds).
Comparison test: Three Monster Turbine in-ear headphones | The Audiophiliac - CNET News
This looks like a good place to ask for help.
I don't have much experience with headphones/IEM's except the old Sony EX70's and now the Grado SR80's that I've been trying out extensively for the last 4 days. After a fair amount of research, I'm trying to decide between the Gold or Copper for my next purchase, though I'm open to other suggestions.
I bought the Grado's because I heard they were good for classic rock and more modern grunge type rock. Unfortunately, I'm really missing the bass. For example, listening to Nirvana's Nevermind or Van Halen I, the guitars sound awesome, but the drums and bass don't have the impact they should. I don't get into techno or too much electronic music besides Radiohead and Portishead (Let's avoid the obvious joke!) so I don't need the lowest of the low bass, but I really want to hear the impact of tight bass and drum heavy music by 311(the snap of the snare is key) or Incubus. I also really love the Alice In Chains droning guitar/bass sound. I also want want to get lost in Beck's Sea Change or Mutations sound which isn't bass driven, but I love all of the aural detail going on in the mix. My experience with the Grado's lends me to believe I don't want super bright treble, but I do love my screaming guitar solos.
So should I go Copper or Gold or something else entirely? The same price range give or take a few bucks please. I'm really looking for an IEM for everyday walking around with my HTC Incredible phone, but I wouldn't mind a full sized can recommendation for later. Thanks for any help.
@Reprobate , go for the coppers ,they will be better for what you want , i know as i have the golds and the copper, Not all music sounds right on the golds ,they have to much bass and are very warm , the coppers are much more balanced ,still having great bass and great extended sparkly treble, and electric guitar sounds great on the coppers as do vocals and drums etc.
X4 on the Coppers, they make guitars come alive and if you burn them in correctly they will have very nice bass as well. Out of the MTP line they are the most balanced but not at the expense of bass (or any other part of the spectrum for that matter).
is the copper a big step up from the gold?
i got the golds cause of the bass
i want to know if the coppers retain that quality bass
no they are not a step up or down.
@Lucozade, Anaxilus, rawster and Dweaver. Thanks for the responses! It looks like some Copper Pros are in my future then. The only complaint I hear about them is the soundstage is lacking, but at this point I'm not too sensitive to that. I also like that they work with the Sony ear tips that I'm accustomed to if the stock ones don't fit.
- Monster Turbine Gold vs Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Things to consider before getting your custom IEM impressions done.... 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2