Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones - Page 54

post #796 of 864
I like to share that I have tried the T50p with an iPad today without an amp and was pleasantly surprise. It's sounded better then my iPhone 3Gs. Sorry I can't elaborate in detail but the 10 minutes of listening the latest Live album from Dave Matthews in Vegas was very good.
post #797 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Also if anyone can compare the old vs new earpad I like to know If it improved anything.redface.gif


I just wrote an email to beyerdynamic regarding the earpad question. Will post the answer.

post #798 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

I like to share that I have tried the T50p with an iPad today without an amp and was pleasantly surprise. It's sounded better then my iPhone 3Gs. Sorry I can't elaborate in detail but the 10 minutes of listening the latest Live album from Dave Matthews in Vegas was very good.


I also occasionally listen that way, and it does indeed sound better than I expected.  The iPad's headphone out actually sounds pretty good.

post #799 of 864

Here's two pictures of the new pads. badly taken, but I only had the iPhone around :

 

http://picasaweb.google.com/thiebault.labeille/T50pPads#

 

As you can see, they're flatter and larger.

 

Still burning in the T50p. I'm also continuing to improve claming by progressively bending the headband.

post #800 of 864

Back to the T50p.

 

I tried them yesterday with Massive Attack's Angel and I noticed for the first time in my life an obvious display of rattle / distortion on the right driver. So I had a drink to celebrate that novel thing to me.

 

Seriously, I let the headphone continue to burn in with a safer album (100th window) and the rattle was reduced this morning.

 

Am I right if I suppose that given the albums I've playing through the T50p the left driver has been "burnt in" a little more than the right one and is now more comfortable at reproducing lower frequencies ? Is it a possibility ?

post #801 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

Back to the T50p.

 

I tried them yesterday with Massive Attack's Angel and I noticed for the first time in my life an obvious display of rattle / distortion on the right driver. So I had a drink to celebrate that novel thing to me.

 

Seriously, I let the headphone continue to burn in with a safer album (100th window) and the rattle was reduced this morning.

 

Am I right if I suppose that given the albums I've playing through the T50p the left driver has been "burnt in" a little more than the right one and is now more comfortable at reproducing lower frequencies ? Is it a possibility ?

 

No clue, my T50P have never rattled before even under several frequency sweeps.  If this is an issue I would email beyerdynamic.
 

post #802 of 864

Yeah, they're not supposed to rattle. But check to see if you can find any hair that might be touching the driver? I had that happen on a portable set of headphones the other day, and it was indeed a hair that was the culprit.

post #803 of 864

The rattle only happens on two songs :

 

Angel (Massive Attack)

Storm (Parov Stelar)

 

And only when the bass is the most demanding in these tracks. On Angels, it's when the thump thump happens, and on Storm right at the beginning (there's like a 10s long bass note).

 

Only the right driver is affected.

 

My ESW10 do not display any trace of rattle.

 

More strangely, it doesn't happen sometimes, and then reappears progressively.

 

Nevermind, I'll contact either the retailer or Beyer tomorrow.

post #804 of 864

Regarding the ear pads I got an answer form Beyerdynamic:

 

"The dimensions of the T50p  ear pads did not change since start of production, only the filling material has been altered slightly."

 

 

In the German original:

 

"Die Abmessungen der Ohrpolster des T 50 p haben sich seit Serienbeginn nicht geändert, es gab lediglich eine geringfügige Anpassung des inneren Füllmaterials."

 

 

 

(No rattle here too ... just tested it with this http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001S4TBT8/ref=dm_dp_trk12?ie=UTF8&qid=1292402484&sr=1-1-catcorr)

(By the way ... nice sound ... will try more of it ... L3000.gif)


Edited by xabu - 12/15/10 at 12:47am
post #805 of 864

I don't own these earphones, but I've enjoyed them at a local retailer. While I don't expect to buy them soon, I guess that my love for Beyer will drown part of my wallet for a few months. Surprisingly, the prices aren't too bad here for THIS earphone despite the DT880 commanding a very high premium over other nice headphones.

post #806 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabu View Post

Regarding the ear pads I got an answer form Beyerdynamic:

 

"The dimensions of the T50p  ear pads did not change since start of production, only the filling material has been altered slightly."

 

 

In the German original:

 

"Die Abmessungen der Ohrpolster des T 50 p haben sich seit Serienbeginn nicht geändert, es gab lediglich eine geringfügige Anpassung des inneren Füllmaterials."

 

 

 

(No rattle here too ... just tested it with this http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001S4TBT8/ref=dm_dp_trk12?ie=UTF8&qid=1292402484&sr=1-1-catcorr)

(By the way ... nice sound ... will try more of it ... L3000.gif)


Back to the "rattle".

 

I tried the T50p again this morning and quickly noticed the rattle on the two aformentioned tracks. 

Then I played a few other tracks, probably removed the T50p a couple of times from my head, put them back on and the rattle disappeared. 

I looked for hair on the drivers. I removed the ear pads (BTW, they're fixed with some sort of high quality reusable glue - you just have to pick on side and lift it up, introduce a card in the gap, widen it and then gently part the rest of the pad from the cup), but given the contruction they're no way a hair could get inside : not only is the driver protected by the pad tissue, it is also covered with a meshed synthetic protection.

 

Speculation n° 1

I've got long hair, so they're a probability that one of them might pass through the pad tissu, and get stuck on the meshed protection (which I guess must be under vibration stress from the driver). But why would it happen only on one side ? (I've got long hair on BOTH sides I must precise).

 

Speculation n°2 :

Theright cup isn't ajusted at the swivel joint as tightly as the left one. Might introduce some undesirable vibration if put on the head in some specific way.

 

 

So I still have no clue about what causes this occasional rattle, but I'll wait a little more and see.

 

Glad to see you did enjoy Parov Stelar. I do like a few of his albums, and especially Seven and Storm and Shine (probably his most "experimental" ones - still hardly anything really experimental). The other ones aren't as thorough IMHO.


Edited by MayaTlab - 12/15/10 at 2:40am
post #807 of 864

For the T50p, the new pads are included beginning with model serial number 13002 forward.

 

The T50p ear pads are self-adhesive and fixed with a high quality reusable glue. To remove the ear pads, just pick at one side carefully and lift it up, introduce a card in the gap, widen it and then gently part the rest of the pad from the cup. As mentioned, teh dimensions have not changed, only the filing material has been slightly changed.

 

The spare ear pads part number is 906794 and are compatible with all T50p and can be used if the original ear pads need to be replaced. 

 

Alan Feckanin

beyerdynamic USA

post #808 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdusa View Post

For the T50p, the new pads are included beginning with model serial number 13002 forward.

 

The T50p ear pads are self-adhesive and fixed with a high quality reusable glue. To remove the ear pads, just pick at one side carefully and lift it up, introduce a card in the gap, widen it and then gently part the rest of the pad from the cup. As mentioned, teh dimensions have not changed, only the filing material has been slightly changed.

 

The spare ear pads part number is 906794 and are compatible with all T50p and can be used if the original ear pads need to be replaced. 

 

Alan Feckanin

beyerdynamic USA


Thanx for further clarification and the serial number.

 

May I ask why the filling material has been changed?

Do the new ones alter the sound compared to the old ones?

 

Just curious, because mine is 12788 bought end of September.

post #809 of 864

This morning, no rattle issue to report :).

 

And they're shaping into something quite good as burn in progresses.

 

EDIT : This afternoon, rattle is back. I tried to remove the T50p, reverse the sides, change the position but the rattle remains on the right side. I had been playing it for the last seven hours or so before trying. So maybe it doesn't like to be under "stress" (if you call that stress as I was listening to normal volume) for a long time, at least during the burn in period.

Anyway I'll keep them as I really like their sound and in the case anything happens I'll contact Beyer.


Edited by MayaTlab - 12/16/10 at 4:41am
post #810 of 864

Hey MayaTlab, have notice when you removed the ear pad if any screws are visible on the front bezel of the driver?  or maybe it's only snap in together like the DTxxx models. Just curious because I'm interested on replacing the cable and make it a bit longer for my needs.

 

Thanks!

 

PS: These headphone (T50P) are very amazing. I tried back my ES7 that was my office headphone for a long time and was happy with the sound until the T50P became my default office can. I was just shock by the lack of music resolution and details and the Bass sounded so flabby compare to the Beyer. I have to say that my ES7 are not stock they have been recable (Grado SR225i cable) and got the Dynamat / felt treament that improved the frequency balanced on the ES7 and sounded very good to me until then.....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones