Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones - Page 53

post #781 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnor View Post

 

The clip outputs about 10mW into 32 ohm, measured with an old multimeter. Considering t50p's 107 dB @ 1mW tongue_smile.gif it should be loud enough wink.gif

(Are you sure you didn't have the EU volume limit enabled with the clip?)



've been wondering too, but didn't find it in the menus ... so, maybe ... but it was definitely not loud enough whereas with the HM-801 L3000.gif...   (and the T50p has just this hefty base which feels like your ear-drum is played directly ... no, what I mean is, you do not only hear it ... you feel it ... (or at least I do ...))

 

(...strange ... the EU limitation is at 80 dB ... but regarding which phones ? ... whatever ... off topic ... derailing biggrin.gif)


Edited by xabu - 12/2/10 at 12:54pm
post #782 of 864

I just bought the T50p from a local retailer.

 

I received the new earpads and noticed that Beyer did exactly what I did "manually" : the new pads are flatter, reducing the distance between the driver and the eardrum.

As the fit was horribly loose, I bended the headband several times during the day. Clamping is slowly improving.

 

With less than one hour of burn in, they're already more detailed than the ESW10, and they sound surpremely liquid. That's all I can say for now. 

Oh and I can't resist adding that instrument separation and analytical capabilities are a clear notch above the ESW10.

 

I'll soon receive a better source than my current Cowon S9 (an iPhone 4), so I'll make a short comparison between both.


Edited by MayaTlab - 12/10/10 at 7:20am
post #783 of 864

Iphone 4 a better source than Cowon S9?? eek.gif On which planet? tongue.gif

post #784 of 864

new separate earpads??

post #785 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photofan1986 View Post

Iphone 4 a better source than Cowon S9?? eek.gif On which planet? tongue.gif


 

Definitely on mine for over the ear portable phones. The Cowon rolls off the bass frequencies and sounds more digital to me.

I'm only talking here about the iPhone 4, not any other iDevice (don't know them).



Quote:
Originally Posted by mythless View Post

new separate earpads??



They look different enough you can't mistake them. They come with all new T50p. Send a mail to see if you can get them free.

post #786 of 864

Can you please take some pictures of the old and new pads?  Also how did you removed the pads? I tried on mine but couldn't get them to budge.

 

I'm asking because I'm thinking of changing the cable on my T50p and would greatly appreciate your input.

 

Cheers!


Edited by Twinster - 12/10/10 at 9:29am
post #787 of 864

I'm now trying the T50p on the iPhone 4.

 

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

 

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

 

post #788 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

I'm now trying the T50p on the iPhone 4.

 

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

 

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

 


very interesting....oh boy being an audiophile can make a person broke in a second...the source, the amp, the preamp...the phones...
 

post #789 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

I'm now trying the T50p on the iPhone 4.

 

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

 

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

 


very interesting....oh boy being an audiophile can make a person broke in a second...the source, the amp, the preamp...the phones...
 


 

Well I don't consider myself an audiophile, that's why I'd like to keep it simple (a phone, a pair of headphones). And that pair seems to compete quite well to others.

post #790 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

I'm now trying the T50p on the iPhone 4.

 

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

 

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

 


very interesting....oh boy being an audiophile can make a person broke in a second...the source, the amp, the preamp...the phones...
 


 

Well I don't consider myself an audiophile, that's why I'd like to keep it simple (a phone, a pair of headphones). And that pair seems to compete quite well to others.



have you heard the t50p's amped? from user experience on head-fi, people agree that it needs to be amped even though it's touted as a portable pair of cans

post #791 of 864

From what I hear, it might benefit from an amp but it certainly sounds to my ears that it does not need it as much as my ESW10.

I'd like to hear it from an amp, but as I said, practically come first sometimes.

post #792 of 864

Well, these look like the ones on my T50p. Didn't know that there where different ones before ...

 

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/ersatzteile/edt-50p.html

post #793 of 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

From what I hear, it might benefit from an amp but it certainly sounds to my ears that it does not need it as much as my ESW10.

I'd like to hear it from an amp, but as I said, practically come first sometimes.



i wonder what beyer is going to do with the ones who got the older version....

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Photofan1986 View Post

Iphone 4 a better source than Cowon S9?? eek.gif On which planet? tongue.gif



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by xabu View Post

Well, these look like the ones on my T50p. Didn't know that there where different ones before ...

 

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/ersatzteile/edt-50p.html

post #794 of 864

Congrats on the new purchase. If you can, please post a comparison review for ESW10 and t50p.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaTlab View Post

I just bought the T50p from a local retailer.

 

I received the new earpads and noticed that Beyer did exactly what I did "manually" : the new pads are flatter, reducing the distance between the driver and the eardrum.

As the fit was horribly loose, I bended the headband several times during the day. Clamping is slowly improving.

 

With less than one hour of burn in, they're already more detailed than the ESW10, and they sound surpremely liquid. That's all I can say for now. 

Oh and I can't resist adding that instrument separation and analytical capabilities are a clear notch above the ESW10.

 

I'll soon receive a better source than my current Cowon S9 (an iPhone 4), so I'll make a short comparison between both.

post #795 of 864
Also if anyone can compare the old vs new earpad I like to know If it improved anything.redface.gif
Edited by Twinster - 12/10/10 at 11:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones