Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › new audio technica earphone: CKS90 and CKS90NC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new audio technica earphone: CKS90 and CKS90NC - Page 3

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
Check out tenso.com!
Thanks for the link, I looked at it, but my cheap little heart says I can't stomach the sizeable fee (in percentage). I blame the Korean in me. Though I might use it for other purchases I want to sneak pass the little lady.

Now I just need to convince the fiancee to let me use our Japanese bank account and ship it to her mother. Here's hoping
post #32 of 45
The design looks like they would like to fit 2 dynamic drivers (1 small, 1 big) into each housing and direct the sound from the small driver through duct like in the TF10.

Not likely it will actually be though
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Region2 View Post
Thanks for the link, I looked at it, but my cheap little heart says I can't stomach the sizeable fee (in percentage). I blame the Korean in me. Though I might use it for other purchases I want to sneak pass the little lady.

Now I just need to convince the fiancee to let me use our Japanese bank account and ship it to her mother. Here's hoping
You could just buy more stuff and the shipping forwarding fee will be much less significant then.

For 3500yen (iirc), the packers helped me squeeze in 6 bunko-sized books and a toy camera once. It's a decent price to pay if you can't get your stuff locally.

Wish you luck with the convincing anyways.

Cheers.
post #34 of 45
Ain't nobody have these yet? Curious abt comments...
post #35 of 45
Looking at getting me a pair of these because my Denon C700's just barely shorted out on me after 3 years. Im not sure if there is anyway to fix them, its a short down in the metal plug because of the straight up design. I think this L-Shaped plug on these ones will help prevent a short from happening again.

I found a pair of the ATH-CKS90's at accessoryjack.com (Audio-Technica ATH-CKS90 Dynamic Solid Bass In-Ear Headphones (Black BK)) looks like a pretty good deal to me ($130 shipped). Anyone ordered from accessoryjack before? How was the shipping speed?
post #36 of 45
Accessoryjack is great to deal with, I have bought two AT products from them, both arrived in less than 10 days and were exactly as ordered. I wouldn't hesitate using them again in the future.
post #37 of 45
Yea after researching some more about accessoryjack i found out that they are one of the best places to get AT products from that are hard to find elsewhere.
Thanks for your feedback dweaver, I am going to get these ordered soon cause I hear that they fixed some of the issues with the CKS70's. Plus my last headphones only had mild bass and I am looking for a little bit more bass this time.

Anyone else had a chance to try out the CKS90's? If so, do you think it is worth it to spend the little extra money to get them over the CKS70's?
post #38 of 45

Got mine yesterday. First impression was bass extends deep, more quantity than IE8 in the sub-bass. I expected them to be muddy out of the box, but surprisingly they have good clarity. However, in terms of instrument separation and soundstage, (out of box) CKS90 acts like a $100ish IEM. They sound congested. Mids and treble is there, however, mids seems a little recessed and 'hollow'.

 

I never like test tones, especially tones lower than 200Hz. I get uncomfortable whenever I listen to test tones. And listening to music with CKS90 (music, not test tones)  I get this uncomfortable feeling...Bass in CKS90 goes really deep, not bloated, but a little 'slow'.

 

As for the stock tips, just like those come with CK10...Bad for comfort. Never like their stock tips as I get itchy and feeling sore after some 10-20 minutes. The cable reminds me of the little straw which comes with WD40.

 

Burn in in progress. I hope that soundstage opens up, and instrument separation becomes better after some burn in. Am I enjoying them? Still early to say this, but my e-Q7 easily beats them in sound quality. By the way, I am coming from CK10, e-Q7, IE8, TF10, SM3 :)

 


Edited by KLS - 5/19/10 at 2:02pm
post #39 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post

Got mine yesterday. First impression was bass extends deep, more quantity than IE8 in the sub-bass. I expected them to be muddy out of the box, but surprisingly they have good clarity. However, in terms of instrument separation and soundstage, (out of box) CKS90 acts like a $100ish IEM. They sound congested. Mids and treble is there, however, mids seems a little recessed and 'hollow'.

 

I never like test tones, especially tones lower than 200Hz. I get uncomfortable whenever I listen to test tones. And listening to music with CKS90 (music, not test tones)  I get this uncomfortable feeling...Bass in CKS90 goes really deep, not bloated, but a little 'slow'.

 

As for the stock tips, just like those come with CK10...Bad for comfort. Never like their stock tips as I get itchy and feeling sore after some 10-20 minutes. The cable reminds me of the little straw which comes with WD40.

 

Burn in in progress. I hope that soundstage opens up, and instrument separation becomes better after some burn in. Am I enjoying them? Still early to say this, but my e-Q7 easily beats them in sound quality. By the way, I am coming from CK10, e-Q7, IE8, TF10, SM3 :)

 



It's seems like they are not wide and open sounding like CKS70 but did they improve(soundstage, instrument separation) after burn in?. Please gives us more impression about these new bass heavy IEMs and they looks bigger than CKS70.......

post #40 of 45

Hi @ZARIM, I have given up on them. After 30 hours of burn in, the sound didn't change significantly to my ears, and I sold them eventually ^^; 

 

Another note, I found that with a deep insertion, bass can become a little bit bloated.

 

I bought myself a Radius DDM after selling them. The Radius is way better than the CKS90, for my music taste and to my ears.

 

However, my observation of them is premature, as they could have sounded better after 100 hours or so of burn in.


Edited by KLS - 5/29/10 at 8:16pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post

Hi @ZARIM, I have given up on them. After 30 hours of burn in, the sound didn't change significantly to my ears, and I sold them eventually ^^; 

 

Another note, I found that with a deep insertion, bass can become a little bit bloated.

 

I bought myself a Radius DDM after selling them. The Radius is way better than the CKS90, for my music taste and to my ears.

 

However, my observation of them is premature, as they could have sounded better after 100 hours or so of burn in.


But the Radius also cost more right? How much is the price difference between those two in Japan?

post #42 of 45

@koonhua90, I bought the Radius DDM second hand for 9,000yen. I paid 9,000yen for a brand new CKS90LTD (limited red colour version). So to me, they are priced the same ^^

 

I think the problem is not in the CKS90, but in the Radius. The Radius are too good considering their price, whereas (an approximately 30 hours of burn in of) CKS90 are typical sub $100 IEMs. I don't have much experience with other phones in the sub $100 region, other than some FX66, EX71 and PSP buds.

 

By the way, the cheapest I can get in Japan: 13,000yen for Radius DDM, 8,000yen for CKS90 (normal black version). In my opinion, the extra 5,000yen for DDM is worth it.

post #43 of 45

Waiting for first CKS90 review. 

post #44 of 45

^^^I think you just got it hehe. those look ridiculous!! really a bad turn for what is usually a company that makes beautiful objects. doesnt sound like the SQ makes up for it either.

post #45 of 45

The dynamic type earphone and ATH-CKS90 of Audio-Technica were bought.

 

ATH-CK10 is Mid - High range is beautiful!

However, Bass doesn't go out. To supplement this, it bought it. 

 

ATH-CK10 that emits beautiful sound. (You may forget Bass. )

ATH-CKS90 that is strong low region, and makes music happy. 

 

 

Red model ATH-CKS90LTD of the limitation first time was anxious, too.

The sound bought the black because it was the same. 

 

In a dynamic type, besides, CKS90 rings because of a bright sound and the sound with a good sea weed though DENON AH-C700 etc. are used. 

 

DENON AH-C700 etc. are used.

CKS90 is a bright sound. It is possible to listen to music happily. 

 
It views it from the front.
 
Externals are large. The logo of Audio-Technica insists.
ATH-CKS90 Front
 
It is good to understand the right and left at one view.
 
ATH-CKS90 Inside
 
The plug is L type type. It is a double molding. Increase of durability? 
 
ATH-CKS90 Plug
 
The left is ATH-CKS90, and the right is ATH-CK10.
(Take a picture of both left sides. )
 
It is terrible, small CK10 though it is dual BA. It is a good contrast with large CKS90 by a dynamic type. 
 
ATH-CK10 vs ATH-CKS90 ATH-CK10 vs ATH-CKS90
 
ATH-CK10 and ATH-CKS90 are contrasted in all the meanings though it is a product of same Audio-Technica.
All of the size, shape, and the sound are contrasted. 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › new audio technica earphone: CKS90 and CKS90NC