I've used the E9 at more than 50% for a while now and my headphones are perfectly fine
Related Forum Threads
- Are Heedaudio's CanAmp an upgrade over Maverick D1 for AKG702 Last post on 9/17/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Heed CanAmp with AKG K240. Last post on 8/20/11 at 7:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headroom Micro Amp vs. Heed Canamp Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- Headphone Impedance
AKG k702 amp - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm pretty new, too, and would like some amp advice. Same cans, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR as source eventually. Would like to find something to enhanc the soundstage and hopefully extend the bass reponse of the headphones. Budget is "under $300". I hear good things about the objective2, but I also hear that the K702 is picky about its amp.
I think the K702 (and K701) headphones are great with really good amplifiers, but still surprisingly good with budget-ish amplifiers.
I use my K702s with two amplifiers, my Sugden Headmaster, which is a very excellent amplifier and I also use them with my Pro-Ject Headbox II which is a budget amplifier.
With my Sugden Headmaster the K702 headphones are really superb, but with the budget Pro-Ject amp they are still very useable.
I usually prefer solid state amplifiers, ideally fully class A. I don't like warm sounding amplifiers, for me the amplifier should not influence the music in this way. I think transparent amps are the best. The K702s are very transparent so use a transparent amplifier and source and then you will be able to hear the music. Let the musicians decide if they want to be warm, cold or whatever.
K702s can get out of control at the top of the treble, so it is good to have an amplifier which is well behaved at the top end.
Ordered Schiit Bifrost & Lyr a couple of weeks ago as well as 702s. Have been enjoying/burning in 702s since with Channel Islands headphone amp and OPPO dvd player source. Any one here using Lyr to drive K 701/702 ? What tubes do you like? Does anyone have better cable for 702s?
My Lyr just shipped yesterday, I'm hoping it does a good job bringing the K701's to life, if not I plan on getting the HE-400's at some point. I plan on trying the Lyr out as a preamp as well, I haven't heard/read much as to how well it preforms at that task. My only concern is with that much gain will it be quiet (black background) running into my Parasound A21 or A23 amp. We'll see...
Best of luck finding your amp for the K701's. (maybe the Lyr?)
Is a Schiit Lyr too much power for these cans? I don't want to blow them... my HD650s sound great at the 9 o'clock position on my amp but I don't want to blow my Q701s with too much power...
- AKG k702 amp
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 7 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 9 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 11 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 12 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob