I've used the E9 at more than 50% for a while now and my headphones are perfectly fine
Related Forum Threads
- Are Heedaudio's CanAmp an upgrade over Maverick D1 for AKG702 Last post on 9/17/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Heed CanAmp with AKG K240. Last post on 8/20/11 at 7:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:10am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headroom Micro Amp vs. Heed Canamp Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
- Headphone Impedance
AKG k702 amp - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm pretty new, too, and would like some amp advice. Same cans, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR as source eventually. Would like to find something to enhanc the soundstage and hopefully extend the bass reponse of the headphones. Budget is "under $300". I hear good things about the objective2, but I also hear that the K702 is picky about its amp.
I think the K702 (and K701) headphones are great with really good amplifiers, but still surprisingly good with budget-ish amplifiers.
I use my K702s with two amplifiers, my Sugden Headmaster, which is a very excellent amplifier and I also use them with my Pro-Ject Headbox II which is a budget amplifier.
With my Sugden Headmaster the K702 headphones are really superb, but with the budget Pro-Ject amp they are still very useable.
I usually prefer solid state amplifiers, ideally fully class A. I don't like warm sounding amplifiers, for me the amplifier should not influence the music in this way. I think transparent amps are the best. The K702s are very transparent so use a transparent amplifier and source and then you will be able to hear the music. Let the musicians decide if they want to be warm, cold or whatever.
K702s can get out of control at the top of the treble, so it is good to have an amplifier which is well behaved at the top end.
Ordered Schiit Bifrost & Lyr a couple of weeks ago as well as 702s. Have been enjoying/burning in 702s since with Channel Islands headphone amp and OPPO dvd player source. Any one here using Lyr to drive K 701/702 ? What tubes do you like? Does anyone have better cable for 702s?
My Lyr just shipped yesterday, I'm hoping it does a good job bringing the K701's to life, if not I plan on getting the HE-400's at some point. I plan on trying the Lyr out as a preamp as well, I haven't heard/read much as to how well it preforms at that task. My only concern is with that much gain will it be quiet (black background) running into my Parasound A21 or A23 amp. We'll see...
Best of luck finding your amp for the K701's. (maybe the Lyr?)
- AKG k702 amp
- › Are Brainwavs betas recommended? 7 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Do I need equipment for pop songs? 4 minutes ago
- › Sure SE215 upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 5 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe