I've used the E9 at more than 50% for a while now and my headphones are perfectly fine
Related Forum Threads
- Are Heedaudio's CanAmp an upgrade over Maverick D1 for AKG702 Last post on 9/17/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Heed CanAmp with AKG K240. Last post on 8/20/11 at 7:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headroom Micro Amp vs. Heed Canamp Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
- Headphone Impedance
AKG k702 amp - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm pretty new, too, and would like some amp advice. Same cans, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR as source eventually. Would like to find something to enhanc the soundstage and hopefully extend the bass reponse of the headphones. Budget is "under $300". I hear good things about the objective2, but I also hear that the K702 is picky about its amp.
I think the K702 (and K701) headphones are great with really good amplifiers, but still surprisingly good with budget-ish amplifiers.
I use my K702s with two amplifiers, my Sugden Headmaster, which is a very excellent amplifier and I also use them with my Pro-Ject Headbox II which is a budget amplifier.
With my Sugden Headmaster the K702 headphones are really superb, but with the budget Pro-Ject amp they are still very useable.
I usually prefer solid state amplifiers, ideally fully class A. I don't like warm sounding amplifiers, for me the amplifier should not influence the music in this way. I think transparent amps are the best. The K702s are very transparent so use a transparent amplifier and source and then you will be able to hear the music. Let the musicians decide if they want to be warm, cold or whatever.
K702s can get out of control at the top of the treble, so it is good to have an amplifier which is well behaved at the top end.
Ordered Schiit Bifrost & Lyr a couple of weeks ago as well as 702s. Have been enjoying/burning in 702s since with Channel Islands headphone amp and OPPO dvd player source. Any one here using Lyr to drive K 701/702 ? What tubes do you like? Does anyone have better cable for 702s?
My Lyr just shipped yesterday, I'm hoping it does a good job bringing the K701's to life, if not I plan on getting the HE-400's at some point. I plan on trying the Lyr out as a preamp as well, I haven't heard/read much as to how well it preforms at that task. My only concern is with that much gain will it be quiet (black background) running into my Parasound A21 or A23 amp. We'll see...
Best of luck finding your amp for the K701's. (maybe the Lyr?)
Is a Schiit Lyr too much power for these cans? I don't want to blow them... my HD650s sound great at the 9 o'clock position on my amp but I don't want to blow my Q701s with too much power...
- AKG k702 amp
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 seconds ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › GAMING & MUSIC : HD650 vs HD600 vs HD598 vs PC360 driven by Onkyo... 1 minute ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › Clarification about burning-in please! 3 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi