I've used the E9 at more than 50% for a while now and my headphones are perfectly fine
Related Forum Threads
- Are Heedaudio's CanAmp an upgrade over Maverick D1 for AKG702 Last post on 9/17/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Heed CanAmp with AKG K240. Last post on 8/20/11 at 7:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headroom Micro Amp vs. Heed Canamp Last post on 6/3/11 at 3:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
- Headphone Impedance
AKG k702 amp - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm pretty new, too, and would like some amp advice. Same cans, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR as source eventually. Would like to find something to enhanc the soundstage and hopefully extend the bass reponse of the headphones. Budget is "under $300". I hear good things about the objective2, but I also hear that the K702 is picky about its amp.
I think the K702 (and K701) headphones are great with really good amplifiers, but still surprisingly good with budget-ish amplifiers.
I use my K702s with two amplifiers, my Sugden Headmaster, which is a very excellent amplifier and I also use them with my Pro-Ject Headbox II which is a budget amplifier.
With my Sugden Headmaster the K702 headphones are really superb, but with the budget Pro-Ject amp they are still very useable.
I usually prefer solid state amplifiers, ideally fully class A. I don't like warm sounding amplifiers, for me the amplifier should not influence the music in this way. I think transparent amps are the best. The K702s are very transparent so use a transparent amplifier and source and then you will be able to hear the music. Let the musicians decide if they want to be warm, cold or whatever.
K702s can get out of control at the top of the treble, so it is good to have an amplifier which is well behaved at the top end.
Ordered Schiit Bifrost & Lyr a couple of weeks ago as well as 702s. Have been enjoying/burning in 702s since with Channel Islands headphone amp and OPPO dvd player source. Any one here using Lyr to drive K 701/702 ? What tubes do you like? Does anyone have better cable for 702s?
My Lyr just shipped yesterday, I'm hoping it does a good job bringing the K701's to life, if not I plan on getting the HE-400's at some point. I plan on trying the Lyr out as a preamp as well, I haven't heard/read much as to how well it preforms at that task. My only concern is with that much gain will it be quiet (black background) running into my Parasound A21 or A23 amp. We'll see...
Best of luck finding your amp for the K701's. (maybe the Lyr?)
Is a Schiit Lyr too much power for these cans? I don't want to blow them... my HD650s sound great at the 9 o'clock position on my amp but I don't want to blow my Q701s with too much power...
- AKG k702 amp
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 41 seconds ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 45 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 56 seconds ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 1 minute ago
- › I lost my son... 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Bluetooth Comparison (Bose, Plantronics, Beats, Philips,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)