I also experienced similar problem, but after installing rockbox everythin is fine plus I`ve got parametric EQ :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just got it a couple weeks ago and don't have much music on it yet, kind of been slacking to do so. Could I reformat it and the card? Would it be that much work?
i never use dither and have never been able to tell that it does anything
as far as eq thats dependant on your headphones and your personal preference
some people like the crossfeed, some dont
everything else you can leave alone.
When I use the EQ on foobar I tend to EQ downwards....
With rockbox is it better to use precut and then use positive settings?
I dont completely understand how all these different EQ types high shelf, low shelf, peaking etc. work together and what the best settings are to avoid distortion
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:05am
Hmmm I am suprised at how much better the bass on the clip+ is with rockbox.... Definately better than the default firmware..
I said before the clip+ has weak bass... But it is actually pretty good now... Could have a bit more texture but it is not lacking quantity now.
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:58am
Things that might cause a real difference:
The pitch error in the OF.
The resampler in Rockbox if your audio file isn't 44100 Hz.
The OF apparently has dither enabled by default (OF produces a little noise with a silent file - RB only does so if dither enabled)
Gain change caused by Replay Gain being on by default in Rockbox.
The Replay Gain change is only a difference in level while the first two possibilities would be actual tonal changes. Dither might produce a slightly nicer impression in the OF that a listener might interpret in different ways.
The most likely thing is that the levels are different. I level matched my Clip+ against my other players by playing a tone into a recorder. I had trouble with Clip+ OF vs Rockbox because while I could reliably select the same level every time in Rockbox I couldn't do so easily (easily mattered because it was done out of idle curiosity) in the OF except at maximum level. But if you level match the OF and Rockbox and play 44100 Hz file with Replay Gain not effective then there ought not be a difference.
If someone knows of a reason why there would be a difference I'd welcome a correction.
Well they might sound the same and probably do like you say but with the OF it is not possible to get the bass just right so that you can have boosted sub bass without it leaking into the midbass. On rockbox I have set it up so it has the low shelf filter below 70hz boosted by 6db and then tboosted sub bass with no bleed into the mids bass... I could not achieve this with the puny 5 band EQ on the OF.... When I set the first band to anything over about 4-5db it would give bleed into the lower mids / mid bass....
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 12:55pm
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 30 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 5 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › Help choosing headphones 7 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear